CotT: No Father's Day card for you!: Nebula vs. Thanos

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
This was a pretty close fight for my level 168 4/5/4 Nebula. I got her 13th cover not long ago, so I was interested in seeing how she plays. I had no luck keeping my blue repeater on the board, and was down to 1.8k health when I finally got enough red and green to do a double shot and take home the prize. I always grin at her attack animation, as it looks like she is an enraged squirrel leaping across the screen. 

On another note, I realized that Nebula is one of the few fairly old 4* characters that I don't think I've ever seen anyone using in the seasonal Sim. 

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Nebula was parked at 170 fully covered and basically Thanos match damage was enough to smash her first time out. So I levelled her to 190 and put a Korg Support on her to help deal with that. Second fight I managed to eke out the win, no small thanks to having her blue repeater out and getting her green and red powers a few times to wear Thanos down. Fortunately Thanos is pretty slow so you have time to nibble away at him but it was still a closely run battle! If I am honest though, this did little to convince me Nebula is worth any further attention.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually had things work out pretty much exactly like Nebula wants to. Got blue out early, down in a corner. Picked up a bunch of red and green and fired them back to back, and then a couple of turns of match damage plus attac tiles finished the job.
    When everything lines up like that, Nebula is actually pretty great, but it's kind of a lot of specific AP that you need to pick up in sequence, and in practice, it's too many moving parts to be able to make it work even remotely reliably.