Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: July, 2020 (Updated 7/28/20)

Comments

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Plus Maria is a nice 4* character. Good on offense, at best mediocre on defense.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    There is a new “event” tomorrow called A.I.M. H.I.G.H. Appears to be based around M.O.D.O.K. and looks like we might be getting some new minions? Only 4 progression rewards (iso and 100 shards for M.O.D.O.K.). 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    jneidus said:
    I was thinking of a character whose fists are literally made of iron, or someone who rules with a iron fist. There's a ! before Iron Fist. That ! throws me off a little.
    From Wiki: Several computer languages use ! at the beginning of an expression to denote logical negation: e.g. !A means "the logical negation of A", also called "not A". This usage has spread to ordinary language (e.g. “!clue” means no-clue or clueless).

So this clue would be interpreted as Not Iron Fist, so who is the anti-Iron Fist?
    If it's "not" Iron Fist, my guess would probably be Davos.  He wanted to become the Iron Fist, but Danny Rand was picked instead.  The comic version would make more sense than the one from the canceled Netflix series, but who knows?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    There is a new “event” tomorrow called A.I.M. H.I.G.H. Appears to be based around M.O.D.O.K. and looks like we might be getting some new minions? Only 4 progression rewards (iso and 100 shards for M.O.D.O.K.). 
    Yeah what is this about? Sounds like something you might want to post about and let people know it was coming.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great! Another story event. I hope it will be funny and interesting. I love that the game has increased content. Plus km introducing, vs events,lighting rounds...
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Actually the 3 Latest 4 are Skrull, Hellcat and Legion.  Why do they keep giving us the suicidal Maria Hill for the 7th time ?!
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    jneidus said:
    I was thinking of a character whose fists are literally made of iron, or someone who rules with a iron fist. There's a ! before Iron Fist. That ! throws me off a little.
    From Wiki: Several computer languages use ! at the beginning of an expression to denote logical negation: e.g. !A means "the logical negation of A", also called "not A". This usage has spread to ordinary language (e.g. “!clue” means no-clue or clueless).

So this clue would be interpreted as Not Iron Fist
    Or maybe Not-Iron Fist but a different kind of metal fist...?

Klaw!  Or Misty!  Or a new 4* Winter Soldier! (OK, probably not)  Or Grim Reaper!  Or 4* Cable!  or Garrison Kane/Weapon X!  Or Cyber!  Or one of the Reavers!  Or Spiral!  Or Razor Fist!

I think that's the most recognizable ones.......

According to this, Misty now has claws to go along with her iron arm...  Though it's probably going to be Klaw to go along with  Michael Jordan :D ...

https://screenrant.com/marvel-wolverine-misty-knight-claws-ravencroft/
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually the 3 Latest 4 are Skrull, Hellcat and Legion.  Why do they keep giving us the suicidal Maria Hill for the 7th time ?!
    Legion won’t be in tokens for about more 3 weeks, so it’ll be Maria until then.  
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Legion won’t be in tokens for about more 3 weeks, so it’ll be Maria until then.  
    I used to have trouble champing a 4* before it left latest rotation. Now it leaves around level 290 with the increase of 5s slowing down the rotating out of 4s
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

Is there a reason Onslaught is still boosted for Unstable Iso-8?  His 4 week new character boost should have ended when it started.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made in the USA Vault: 51 items

250 5* Ghost Rider Shards x 2
    250 5* Iceman Shards x 2
    LT x 1
    R3 Peni Support x 1
    4* covers x 6
    3* covers x 9
    Mighty x 10
    Heroic x 12
    5000 ISO-8 x 4
    2500 ISO-8 x 2 
    1000 ISO-8 x 2

Cost of pulls
    1x 300 HP
    10x 2850 HP
    40x 11250 HP

14,100 HP for the entire vault seems worth it. The most interesting item in there got to be Peni Support.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    HoundofShadow 
     The most interesting item in there got to be Peni Support.

I’ve had a 3* version for a while. I thought I’d love it for Spider-Ham but he’s so rarely boosted I haven’t had a chance. I sometimes put it on Thor (or the 3rd wheel) when I’m running Thorkoye as the 5 Yellow head start is nice when it works, but occasionally you get a match 5 that heals Thor over half-health and then you have to whittle him down again without killing him (which Is hard to do if it’s an all goon battle). So overall, it’s okay, but not top tier.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking along the line of IM40, Invisible Woman or Hellcat's repeater. Two turn invisibility at the start of the game can be really helpful.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    HoundofShadow 
     The most interesting item in there got to be Peni Support.

I’ve had a 3* version for a while. I thought I’d love it for Spider-Ham but he’s so rarely boosted I haven’t had a chance. I sometimes put it on Thor (or the 3rd wheel) when I’m running Thorkoye as the 5 Yellow head start is nice when it works, but occasionally you get a match 5 that heals Thor over half-health and then you have to whittle him down again without killing him (which Is hard to do if it’s an all goon battle). So overall, it’s okay, but not top tier.
    Exact same here. I had it on Iceman for Thorkoye/Ice (4* Atlantis on Thor, 3* RTF on Okoye). I ran into the same Thor healing issues you did.  But overall I found it more helpful than not in getting Okoye going early. 

My Yaro root finally ripened at the beginning of the season (upgraded from 2 to 3), and I put that on Iceman now. So I’m forfeiting the possible yellow AP to double up on green. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Thanks @Daredevil217 for sharing your supports. I do have the 3* RTF on Okoye but unfortunately my Atlantis is only a 2* version. As for Peni, I was lucky enough to also get a 3* Sanctum Sanctorum, which also gives the exact same 53.90% chance of 5 Yellow AP at start of battle, so I put my 3* Yaro on Thor and my 3* Sanctum Sanctorum on the 3rd wheel which also gives the benefit of 16% damage reduction in the event I match a color with said 3rd wheel. Unfortunately my 5* Iceman isn't usable so I can't offer any experience but would think you'd like the damage reduction on Icey in the event you do make a Green match (and Icey is tanking Green).
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Was very happy to get the Peni support with my free pull. After talking with my alliance, mine ended up on iHulk for the reasons Daredevil talked about.
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Iron fist = Omega Red?
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron fist = Omega Red?
    Really hope not. I want O-Red to be a five.