***** Killmonger (Erik Stevens) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited August 2020 in Character Details

2020-06-19-Killmonger-NC-FBpng

Killmonger (Erik Stevens)
5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Affiliation: Villains

"Erik Stevens grew up in America, orphaned after the death of his father, Prince N'Jobu of Wakanda. After graduating from MIT and the United States Naval Academy, Erik was eventually recruited as a government black ops mercenary, where he earned the name "Killmonger" for his ferocity in battle. Killmonger vows to one day return to Wakanda to overthrow King T'Challa, and rule the country his own way.”

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450) 
14869 Health / 59765 Health
 29 | 195 | 26 | 171 | 24 | 219 | 109 | 3.5x
 112 | 781 | 103 | 684 | 95 | 879 | 435 | 3.5x

Repatriation -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Killmonger takes back what rightfully belongs to his people. When the enemy makes a Match-5, Killmonger locks the generated Critical tile. At the start of your turn, all Critical tiles become unlocked.

When the enemy matches a Critical tile, Killmonger takes 5 Red AP as payment. If the enemy cannot afford that, Killmonger deals 3579 damage to the target instead. (Max level 14385 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 4028 damage. (Max level 16190 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 4477 damage. (Max level 17994 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 5375 damage. (Max level 21604 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 7171 damage. (Max level 28823 damage)
Extreme Prejudice  - 9  AP
Killmonger aims for the enemy's weak point and does not hold back. Deals 2077 damage and creates a Critical tile.

(PASSIVE) Friendly matches in the enemy's strongest color deals 80% more damage. (Max level 8350 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 2368 damage. Matches in enemy's strongest color deal 90% more damage. (Max level 9519 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 2742 damage. Matches in enemy's strongest color deal 100% more damage. (Max level 11022 damage)
  • Level 4: Creates 2 Critical tiles. Matches in enemy's strongest color deal 120% more damage. (Max level 11022 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 3469 damage. Matches in enemy's strongest color deal 150% more damage. (Max level 13945 damage)
Decisive Strike - 10  AP
Killmonger watches the enemy, then makes a power play, striking hard and fast at just the right time. Deals 3207 damage, plus 408 damage for every Decisive Strike Trap tile on the board, disarming those Traps. (Max level 12891 damage plus 1641)

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if the enemy did not fire a power last turn, creates a Yellow, Green, or Blue Trap tile.
  • Level 2: Deals 3528 damage plus 449 damage for each Decisive Strike Trap tile. (Max level 14180 damage plus 1805)
  • Level 3: Deals 3848 damage plus 490 damage for each Decisive Strike Trap tile. (Max level 15469 damage plus 1969)
  • Level 4: Deals 4490 damage plus 571 damage for each Decisive Strike Trap tile. (Max level 18047 damage plus 2297)
  • Level 5: Deals 5773 damage plus 734 damage for each Decisive Strike Trap tile. (Max level 23204 damage plus 1969)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern Time

Release Events:

Introducing… Killmonger - July 2 - July 9

• July 2, 2020, 07:00 – July 9, 2020, 07:00

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Killmonger (Erik Stevens) Shards in Placement rewards

Unstable Iso-8 - July 2 - July 7

• Rewards tokens to the Defiant Killmonger Cover Store

Honor Among Thieves - July 6 - July 10

• Killmonger (Erik Stevens) Shards in Progression rewards

For Victory - July 2 - July 6

Right to Rule - July 5 - July 8

Rewards tokens to the Defiant Killmonger Cover Store

Offers

Release Cover Store:

Defiant Killmonger - July 2 - July 11

• Chance to get Killmonger (Erik Stevens). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Special Limited Vault

Erik Stevens

• July 9, 2020, 07:00 – July 14, 2020, 02:00

• 40 Items

• 1x Unbreakable Will Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star <Character TBD> cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

Unbreakable Will - July 9 - July 14

• 15% chance to get Killmonger (Erik Stevens), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff), and Okoye (Warrior General)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Whoa. looks great so far!
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Killmonger looking pretty strong
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    His powers scream anti-Karnak and anti-America Chavez to me.

Critical tiles: Checked
    Seldom fire power: Checked

The 150% damage is nice.

3/5/5 for me.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards

The 150% damage is nice.

3/5/5 for me.

Using a 5 to counter a 4.....

Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Killmonger

Weird.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a pretty cool character with a pretty interesting toolkit. Doubtful meta but hey..... it looks hella fun. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards

The 150% damage is nice.

3/5/5 for me.

Wish he locked all crits instead of crits on a match 5, as the AI tends to avoid them when they can make a match 4 instead. 
  • Daredevil217
    This is a pretty cool character with a pretty interesting toolkit. Doubtful meta but hey..... it looks hella fun. 
    And another partner for Sinister with the trap spam! Seems they are trying to make traps a thing like Bill/Apoc did for protects. I’m a fan of the attempts at synergy over several releases. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    America Chavez and Karnak is the red hot couple in 4* land. My thinking is that they want to entice 4* players to break open their hoards to deal with this team. It seems like there are complains about Karnak in reddit recently. Even at 1 black cover, America Chavez and Karnak are going to take over 3000 damage every turn. 

In 5* land, Killmonger doesn't seem to counter any meta teams. The closest team is probably iHulk/Okoye. The rest of them love spamming powers.

I remember in one of the 5* character blogs,  they recommended a 3* character as partner.
  • Daredevil217
    Damage per trap seems to drop at 5 colors on purple. Typo?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    hold up Legion is a 4 star and Killmonger is a 5 Star?!!?!?!? seems a bit off but they are allowed to do whatever they want.....
    Overall looks decent. Once i have him fully covered next year or so i'll give my honest opinion on him.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    America Chavez and Karnak is the red hot couple in 4* land. My thinking is that they want to entice 4* players to break open their hoards to deal with this team. It seems like there are complains about Karnak in reddit recently. Even at 1 black cover, America Chavez and Karnak are going to take over 3000 damage every turn. 

In 5* land, Killmonger doesn't seem to counter any meta teams. The closest team is probably iHulk/Okoye. The rest of them love spamming powers.

I remember in one of the 5* character blogs,  they recommended a 3* character as partner.
    I don’t know about whether he would counter or not, but gritty doesnt tend to spam powers. They use them when available, but it’s not their main deal.

i love the artwork though, yet another flawless win for the art team
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if he's meta, or if he's a counter to the current metas, but it's pretty easy to see where he could be a BEAST in certain situations. Interesting character.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    He looks interesting.  I like the fact that he steals AP or does damage.  I am almost thinking pair him with Apocalypse at 5,3,5 so you can use Apocalypse red.  I love that his Purple hits hard with or without trap tiles on the board.  This might be the 2nd Purple in 5* land (Professor X number 1).

for red compared to black I am not sure what is better. My thought is will the 150% match damage be worth the 5 covers when the are better active reds in the game.  It will add around 1.5k damage per tile which is strong but would you rather do an additional 800-900 damage and let black generate red AP for IHulk or Apocalypse.

tough choice so I won’t know until in game but my initial thought is 5,3,5.  
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see his use, but I also don't want to fight him when they add him to a Simulator node.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    Another fake-Marvel/MCU character...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...so, Black Panther's Clash of the Titans just got a whole lot harder?  He looks solid all around on first glance.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

The 150% damage is nice.

3/5/5 for me.

Wish he locked all crits instead of crits on a match 5, as the AI tends to avoid them when they can make a match 4 instead. 
    The AI only matches straight 5s, they won't match 'L' or 'T' shaped 5s.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    hold up Legion is a 4 star and Killmonger is a 5 Star?!!?!?!? seems a bit off but they are allowed to do whatever they want.....
    Overall looks decent. Once i have him fully covered next year or so i'll give my honest opinion on him.
    Remember that Okoye is a 5* also...    why? who knows. Seems MCU chars are more likely to get the 5* treatment.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting concept playing around with Crits like that.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    not sure about his kit, but I'm going to break my hoard for apoc and just wanted to wait if the next 5 is better than yelena - and they release one of my favorite mcu villains, I'm all in.

first partners I can think of are sinister to spam traps (i don't even know if sinister works that way) and karnak with America, but there is a lot overlap