Throw Return of the God Pharaoh in the garbage

810Bourne
810Bourne Posts: 53 Match Maker
edited June 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
5 day's for a legacy event? Come on. Why are we still playing this event. 

The 6 hour recharge timer is terrible. Add this to the fact that it takes 4 days to to complete, for a legacy booster pack, that's down right shameful. 

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you mean Return of the God-Pharaoh?
  • 810Bourne
    810Bourne Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Yes! Thank you! 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, this is too long for far too little ROI. I'm trying to get my team to add this to the "let's skip these as competitive events" list.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    The issue is, we don't have many (or any) enjoyable PvE events to replace it with.
    As someone who enjoys the PvE format more than PvP (I like having the time to set up bonkers combos), its hard to support eliminating more of them.
    Avacyn's Madness is the only one I think we all enjoy, since RoTGP has outstayed its welcome, BoFT is pretty bad, TE is just the worst, and the Kaladesh and Amonkhet block PvEs have been converted to non-coalition events.
    Is there a newer one I am missing?  Because otherwise this is a really sad list that really can't afford to get any smaller.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    No more boss fights. They are not fun.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Developers should just use the Avacyn's Madness template, but replace it with the new standard bosses and cards, then set the recharge timer to the one we all agreed we enjoyed in the other threads :)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Developers should just use the Avacyn's Madness template, but replace it with the new standard bosses and cards, then set the recharge timer to the one we all agreed we enjoyed in the other threads :)
    Ah the ol' Hibernium method.  Just make the exact same event every time except themed to the new set.
    Then crank out 4 per set.

Not gonna lie, its a bit sad that those are most people's favorite events.  But Oktagon could definitely stand to do it every once in a while.
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I'm pretty enjoy beating the final boss again and again. Personally I skipped the first two nodes, went directly to Blos
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Mburn7 said:
    Ah the ol' Hibernium method.  Just make the exact same event every time except themed to the new set.
    Then crank out 4 per set.

Not gonna lie, its a bit sad that those are most people's favorite events.  But Oktagon could definitely stand to do it every once in a while.
    People like variety, but they Also like patterns that you can rely on. We had 3 or 4 "New" events per set ... And most of all, those events gave access to new cards...which isnt a detail at all ... At least there was a perspective of something New in each and every event (until completion of the set).

We now have a great variety of non rehashed old events, granting old cards ... And a very restricted Access to New cards and events.... 
    Even worse, with the rotation system, New events are run very ocasionally ... Which enhances the "nothing New" feeling.

Unfortunately, variety doesntfeel like novelty ... And i'm not sure the New system feels better than the old one.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they'd just end it a day earlier and give it 8-hour refreshes it'd be fine.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    madwren said:
    If they'd just end it a day earlier and give it 8-hour refreshes it'd be fine.
    Agreed. Just give boss Bolas less lifepoints and it would more fun
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Nooooo I love this event