URGENT PETITION: Minimum QA Report Before Each Coalition Event

jtwood
jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
THIS IS AN OLD THREAD

Sign (anonymously) below if you agree:

We are asking for the following to be delivered midweek before each coalition event:

1. Confirmation of whether or not the permanent support mana bug exists; detailed by node, as applicable
2. Confirmation that permanent supports behave as described; detailed by node, as applicable
3. Confirmation that each secondary objective works as described; detailed by node, as applicable
—Any exceptions should be noted in this report (e.g. Destroyer does/does not work if you destroy your own creature)

These are items that should be known quantities before an event starts. We should not have to send out advanced scouting parties to determine these bugs are in effect. 

URGENT PETITION: Minimum QA Report Before Each Coalition Event 43 votes

I agree with the above requirements. Though I may want even more QA, this is the bare minimum that should be done before an event starts.
88% 38 votes
Other
11% 5 votes

Comments

• coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    boopers said:
    If one thing is certain to be an effective strategy for requesting game improvements, it's definitely going to be snark and insulting the developers. Everyone I know likes doing their job more after being publicly derided.
    I can't see where anyone has been insulted in this thread so far or by the post of @jtwood at all...? 

Well, just for the record: To talk about certain things, which are uncomfortable for certain people is not really the same like insulting them... 

Besides this, imho the ONLY effective strategy for requesting game improvements at all is like when as much VIP subscribers as possible would cancel their subscription though.. 

It still seems that ignoring the player community most of the time is unfortunately still common practise, while making money seems to be all they care for... Hence it's killing two birds with one stone... 
    Kind regards 
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Dev can even ask for volunteers to help play test each week, similar to the beta run of DD event. There will be people willing to participate. 
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    I believe until you see this game as a run away train that is just pumping out new sets and hopes there aren't major bugs that upends the gameplay, you'll keep banging your head against the wall. There have been many requests for this and that , but I haven't seen one major update with the user interface, past events, ..etc since I started playing. They've added some glitter to animations here and there that slowed down the game, but nothing major. Whether they're handcuffed from the code, producers, lack of resources and so on, something just feels off recently. I put my wallet away for this reason.  A lot of fluff and no substance.
  • Vorazg
    Vorazg Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    boopers said:
    If one thing is certain to be an effective strategy for requesting game improvements, it's definitely going to be snark and insulting the developers. Everyone I know likes doing their job more after being publicly derided.

No one likes inconsistency in the events, they know we are frustrated by it... and they CERTAINLY must be frustrated that their first attempt to fix the problems didn't work. 

This. ☝️
    A poll of this sort is just low-key trolling. I vote "meh". Unfortunately that's not one of the options, so you'll have to add it from here. 😉
  • jtwood
    Trolling would be “zOMG these bugs are so easy to find by just starting the app and playing the event what are you even doing with my precious VIP money I’m going to turn it off if you don’t give me what I want” which is an actual response template people use here. 

No, this petition is a serious and respectful request asking them to conduct a very lightweight assessment of an event and let us know it’s working before we dive in. There’s no threat or veiled insult hidden in the text. Just a simple request to help us enjoy the game a little more by surfacing easily-identifiable issues proactively so we are not surprised when we run into them (or, worse, knocked down the rankings because we lose points to a bug we could have worked around). 
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I think it's a bad idea, it only sets up a situation where no one can win. 

If they do there's 2 outcomes that come to mind.
    1. Unfair advantage. By visiting the forums a player would be informed better, and have more time to adjust. Outside the large groups, how would every player have the chance to compete in a fair field?
    2. There will be a rise of players that will be angry that an event with known bugs is released. Maybe not on a perfect score, but there will inevitably be a group of players that loses placing on the leaderboards because RNG sucked them into the bugged situation.

If they don't there's "proof" that they don't do any QC, and the group of players that visits the forums will get angry that they are "denied" QC.

Personally I don't buy that there's no QC. I'm convinced that they are equally frustrated if bugs come up or resurface, just like @boopers mentioned.

In my opinion this request leads to a lose-lose situation. That's why I think it's a bad idea. 
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    @Marcela I see that there are updates on the bugs. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong area but I don’t see any update on the number 1 bug plaguing the community right now. The bug when we cascade matching the permanent support in an event it gives the opponent mana. Can you update us on the status of this bug please?
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2020
    Gideon said:
    I don’t see any update on the number 1 bug plaguing the community right now. The bug when we cascade matching the permanent support in an event it gives the opponent mana. Can you update us on the status of this bug please?

I suppose, since they "understand the issues and bugs the game has (...)" it's going to be fixed most likely during the day, but at the lastest before the next event will start, isn't it? 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Guys,

About the "mana going to the opponent" issue, we fixed the first scenario that was happening with Activate gems, on the 4.3 release.
    Unfortunately, the issue came back is a different scenario, with permanent supports now.
    We're in the final tests and if tested as fixed, I will try to request a Data Push fix for it as soon as possible.
    Also, according to our tests, this issue is only happening in the HxB event.
    Did you guys face it in any other event?
    Please inform me.
    FYI, we will not set the HxB event while the fix is not ready.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020
    @Oktagon_Support

I think I can safely say that every event we have played since this fix was implemented (with exception of the first event that ran after the fix... I forget which one it was) has had this problem with permanent supports triggering mana gains going to the opponent.

An perhaps that is the underlying issue that sparred this poll... you may need to test run for this bug for each event (that has a permanent support) you want to schedule to see if it is still occurring. 

I'm certain that there are plenty of players int he community that would volunteer to help test.

Also, there was always a problem with permanent supports triggering this bug... even prior to the fix.  Perhaps the patch only addressed a portion of the problem.
    Guys, thank you so much for your concern and interest in our game!
    I'm truly fighting for a spot on the game schedule so we can test all the events without messing with the workflow through all the teams.
    Also, thank you for all your patience with me.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    NickBKK said:
    Dev can even ask for volunteers to help play test each week, similar to the beta run of DD event. There will be people willing to participate. 
    I'll definitely be willing to help play test anything if that option ever exists.
  • jtwood
    I bet the double-recharge bug in this current event would have been very easy to spot if it had been run internally first...
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited November 2020
    I offered to the CS team to playtest upcoming patches. In fact I kept doing it for months and months in a row.
    And I said I don't want anything from them, no rewards in the game, no money, nothing. 
    My reward would be knowledge, which is worth a lot more than any in game or real life currency. 
    Did they ever ask the dev team if that would be alright with them? 
    I doubt it, I got the same copy pasted answer everytime. 

Please for the love of God, which ever God you chose to believe in, consider asking your player base for help, we are lurking in the dark, waiting for the one word and we will be play testing this stuff in a blink of an eye.
    That is not a hollow promise, I can guarantee that. 
    In my small family of players alone, I know at least ten ppl who have the time to do it and would love to help. 
    Cheers guys. 

Hi everyone,

I am here to apologize for the "double-charge" issue with the Rise of Adventure this weekend.
    For those who got 120 points, please open a ticket with Customer Support informing your UID number, and after investigation, if confirmed, we will send the 1st rank rewards for the Individual Ranking.
    Also, the event will not be scheduled anymore until it's fixed.

Thank you for understanding,
    Marcela.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Hi Marcela,

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

I assume that anyone who scored 120 points or more is getting those rewards, right? Is not exclusively for those who finished the event with a score of exactly 120, isn't it?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember that you can also make a support ticket here.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/ (In the top right corner, there is a contact support - at least for me)