**** Legion (David Haller) ****

124»

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Chavez with Karnak?
    Often a 3rd , yes. Legion, Chavez and Karnak.  But it’s almost impossible for the AI to fire off any power from his teammates over 7 because he’s using every color first . You’ve got to play him with a lot of passives on defense 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chavez/Karnak is a common team regardless of who's featured. I don't think many would build a team around 1/1/1 character. Legion is just a meat shield here.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I’m gonna say it. Character prestige aside, I’m glad he isn’t a 5* with this powers set. After playing him in the 5* shield training nodes, I can’t ever imagine wanting to play against him at that level. 

A 100k+ hp character with 2 nukes, 2 ap draining powers (one of them is both at the same time) attack tile spamming, tile fortification and enemy tile removal, decent healing, spammable invisibility... need I go on?

add to that the 5* match and attack damage. He would be appalling to fight. I just took down the 140k ish trio of star lord, Mordo and the Thing single handedly after losing his partners, purely through ap denial and spamming invisibility.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    I’m gonna say it. Character prestige aside, I’m glad he isn’t a 5* with this powers set. After playing him in the 5* shield training nodes, I can’t ever imagine wanting to play against him at that level. 

A 100k+ hp character with 2 nukes, 2 ap draining powers (one of them is both at the same time) attack tile spamming, tile fortification and enemy tile removal, decent healing, spammable invisibility... need I go on?

add to that the 5* match and attack damage. He would be appalling to fight. I just took down the 140k ish trio of star lord, Mordo and the Thing single handedly after losing his partners, purely through ap denial and spamming invisibility.
    I did the same and was essentially at 100% health thanks to his healing / invisible power.
    I agree 100%, he would be a nightmare to fight as a 5*. He's going to be very annoying in PvP if he goes invisible and the tile is in a place you can't easily reach.
    KGB

• HoundofShadow
    edited June 2020
    His green power got changed. Instead of turning the adjacent tile into attack tile and then swapping position with them, the tile that the repeater is on will turn into attack tile, and then change the colour of the repeater tile to the colour of that replaced basic tile.

Instead of:

current turn: green tile / blue repeater / red tile

next turn: green tile / red attack tile / blue repeater tile
    It's this now:
    next turn: green tile / blue attack tile / red repeater tile

No more potential free matches and match-4.  :|

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    His green power got changed. Instead of turning the adjacent tile into attack tile and then swapping position with them, the tile that the repeater is on will turn into attack tile, and then change the colour of the repeater tile to the colour of that replaced basic tile.

Instead of:

current turn: green tile / blue repeater / red tile

next turn: green tile / red attack tile / blue repeater tile
    It's this now:
    next turn: green tile / blue attack tile / red repeater tile

No more potential free matches and match-4.  :|

But also no more of the repeater matching itself away immediately. I'll take it.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Did they change how AI deal with invisible opponents? In the past, they will still fire power when they have enough ap even when your team is invisible. I noticed this in his shield training against Peggy. Peggy had enough red ap but she didn't fire her power at me.

Also, If your repeater moves to any of the four corner and it is surrounded by non-basic tile, it will simply leave the attack tile behind and disappear.
    If enemies are invisible, and thus no direct target is available, the AI cannot fire a direct damage-only power.
    They can still fire powers that have a board effect or allied-team effect. If there is also a damage component that part is wasted due to no Targets. 

And for the discussions on TU Sending, Abilities cannot be available as a Team Up when it has:
    1. a Passive component
    2. a Power switch to different ability
    3. a Power that effects / targets a specific character only (i.e. 4* Professor X purple targets himself so it isn't available etc.)  
  • St0rmX
    St0rmX Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    So, this is my first time posting. I’ve been playing for a few months and lurking around here reading up on the game (still extremely confused on all the abbreviations) but I couldn’t find an answer to a question I have regarding Legion’s Delusionaut power. I was under the impression that when he’s invisible he takes no damage, unless the enemy’s power says that it ignores invisibility. Am I wrong? The last three times I’ve played with him, despite being invisible, he was drained and knocked out. 

• HoundofShadow
    edited June 2020
    Thanks RickOShay!

AoE and random power will still hit invisible characters. For example, if only your invisible character is the last man standing, he will be stunned by Spider-Gwen purple stun because it stuns random opponents, but he  won't be stunned by Dr Strange because it's a targeted stun.
  • St0rmX
    St0rmX Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Thanks RickOShay!

AoE and random power will still hit invisible characters. For example, if only your invisible character is the last man standing, he will be stunned by Spider-Gwen purple stun because it stuns random opponents, but he  won't be stunned by Dr Strange because it's a targeted stun.
    AoE? Sorry, still trying to figure out all the abbreviations. This was against the Mindless Ones. 
  • HoundofShadow
    AoE = team damage

Mindless green countdown is an AoE, so it will hit invisible opponents.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    AoE is shorthand for Area of Effect in many games, meaning it affects everything in a given area.

In MPQ this just means all opponents currently visible. If you are fighting a wave with more than 3 opponents in the wave only the 3 that are visible will take the damage. It will also hit all invisible opponents, but not airborne opponents. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    St0rmX said:
    Thanks RickOShay!

AoE? Sorry, still trying to figure out all the abbreviations. This was against the Mindless Ones. 
    Powers that say they damage the "enemy team", rather than just "the target"
  • Killjoy00
    Killjoy00 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    What's his best build?