What to do with my Immortal Hulk ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
Curious in my situation how you guys would finish off covering Immortal Hulk and how high you would level him. 

Any suggestions ?

I got screwed over pretty good spending a stash of around 300 pulls in LLs several weeks ago. Ended up with Hulk at 5/2/5 and 3 saved covers, Apoc 5/2/2 no saved covers, and Yelena 2/2/5 3 saved covers. Really annoying I couldn't champ a single 5 with 300 pulls, especially Apoc who I wanted the most for my BRB/Prof team. 

However at this point I can't decide what to do with my Hulk, who's at 5/2/5 3 saved covers and 450/500 shards. I wasn't sure what direction to go, use the saved covers to champ him, wait until I get 50 shards to champ, or pull some more in LLs. Although I only have enough for 28 pulls in LL store at the moment, more if I champed a few 4's. Not a lot of pulls and who knows if I get one more black I need, but might also get lucky and get another Apoc cover. 

Also can't decide if I champ Hulk, to fully level him up or leave him lower level. My other 5s champed are BRB, ProfX, Doom, Marvel, Hela, Thanos and are all around level 450'ish. As far as any possible future team mates for Hulk, I have OML 11 covers, Apoc 9, Yelena 9, Kitty 7, Carnage 8, Iron Man 10, Black Panther 11. I use BRB/ProfX the most for PVE and PVP out of my champed 5s. 

Hulk has been really handy when I use him. He has been great when playing PVE slice 10 and when I PVP. In both cases I've had to use some health packs understandably, but never dying, green door, and his red nuke make him a one man wrecking crew and bailed me out many times. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should max level him once I do get that last cover, or keep at level 400 or lower than my other champed 5s. Guess I'm on the fence if when I get the last Hulk cover, if leveling him from 400 to 453 or 454 as I have 3 saved covers, if that will make his team damage too unbearable or be really helpful for me. 

I use to just play PVE slice 8 or 9 because I could blow through them fast and didn't want to spend forever playing slice 10. Especially since I might not have the best mix of 5s to tackle slice 10 regularly. But with Hulk even at level 400, he makes life much easier in PVE 10, and when I've climbed higher in PVP. 

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Make Hulk your favorite, and start pulling for the LL store.  If you really want all three people currently in there, and none of them are champed, you've got nothing to lose.  if you have enough CP for 28 pulls, and it will only take 17 to get you the extra Hulk cover (at most), then go for it.

Absolute worst case is you get Hulk on pull #17, which gets you the 13th cover naturally, and enough shards for a champ level, which will get you an LT you can use when Hulk leaves.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd personally wait until Onslaught enters in about 15 hours or so.  You don't want Hulk too big really anyway.  Just shard him and you'll finish him quickly while you pull for Onslaught and hopefully you can finish Poccy.

I think you should pull as much as you can while Poccy is in.  Onslaught isn't great but you certainly want some covers for him.  What you do with Yelena (pull or skip) is up to you.  We should know about the new 5 early this week so you might choose to just wait a little to decide.

I have all three champed (humblebrag, but I was lucky).  Yelena isn't bad and I don't think you'd regret having her finished.  But I think you should just not pull any more for Hulk.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed, finish hulk with shards.  You have the best cover distribution if you want to keep him under leveled.  Treat him like Thor; level him so he tanks as little as possible.  Though if you don't care about healthpack usage, then go ahead and champ him. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely do not use a 3:1 to champ him.
    Using shards that's less than 20 LTs to finish him (or about 1800 HP if he is offered for you). 

As for whether or not it is worth champing him at all.  I think his passives are strong enough that he could be a part of the meta with the right partners, but don't know if those partners yet exist in the game. So I defer to those with more experience using him on this point.

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m using Hulkoye/ DPXF and the only team still giving me trouble is Gritty/ Bishop.  I could sub Bishop in for DP but I refuse to use such a broken character . 
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    At least you got one
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am also recommending you to get the last cover organically after making iH your favorite whenever you need to open LTs for whatever reason.

Regarding use, my Hulk is 5/3/5 but I have him soft capped at 420 as I almost always play him with Okoye (I imagine it would be the same when played with Apoc). You want him there doing as little matches as possible, to control the self damage, so in that regard your Hulk is as good as mine, you dont really need to champ him right now. If in the future a better partner for him is released, then maybe it will be worth champing him, but for now at 420 he is working great for me.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty much echoing everyone else. 

1) Set IHulk as favorite and finish with shards
    2) Soft cap him so other characters you plan to play with him do most of the tanking.

3) When you get the last cover you can always decide to champ him then*
    *I kept my Kitty unchamped for awhile because I wanted Daredevil to tank for her and make strikes she could buff. I loved that team and played it a ton and just stacked saved covers. Eventually it’d run its course and I got interested in different teams and champed her where she became more of a defensive deterrent. 
    I imagine Hulk is similar. As match damage creep continues at its accelerated pace, we’ll have more and more people tanking over him naturally anyway. I went ahead and champed him even though he was built 5/3/5. But I have a huge roster and if I’m playing Hulk, it’s likely for PVP defense first and foremost (though he brings other stuff to the table too). The bigger the Hulk, the bigger the defense.