R205 Release Notes (6/22/20)

Options
13»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't even know who Blue Marvel is....I have been lax on keeping up with comics lately but it looks like he's been in stuff I didn't buy and definitely feels like a C-lister to me as far as popularity.

I think the new person will be someone with a little more recognizability.

Monica would be cool to see.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh definitely. He doesn't stand a chance of making it into the game right now (not without some sort of Marvel/MCU tie-in, at least), and I doubt that's who the new character is going to be, I just like him enough to approve of the addition.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you kidding me , the way this world is today I wouldn’t be surprised Blue Marvel becomes the first 6 star 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you kidding me , the way this world is today I wouldn’t be surprised Blue Marvel becomes the first 6 star 

What do you mean by this?
  • Pathmaster
    Pathmaster Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Conan the Barbarian also recently came back home to Marvel comics after spending some decades at Dark Horse comics.  They've(Marvel comics) been releasing all of the early Conan stuff in Omnibus volumes for the last year or so.  ...He's even on an Avengers team (Savage Avengers) that started early this year.

Also,...Richard Ryder returned rather recently.  Not quite as recent as Conan, but, these clues have been vague af, so, I wouldn't count it out.(and would be quite the pleasant surprise.)

...also, Blue Marvel(despite the tacky name) is legit.  One of my favorites.  He was extremely relevant leading into 'Secret Wars', and so, if Feige is, as it seems, leading the MCU into Secret Wars through various simultaneous routes, then I imagine  we'll see Dr. Adam Brashear in a Hank Pym/Goliath/Janet Van Dyne(veteran super hero support cast) type role soon enough. ...and subsequently in the game....soon enough.  He is completely O.P. tho'.  Def. a 5*(hypothetically, as if that matters anymore)

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:

What do you mean by this?
    I'd imagine he's talking about Legion as a 4*.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Oh definitely. He doesn't stand a chance of making it into the game right now (not without some sort of Marvel/MCU tie-in, at least), and I doubt that's who the new character is going to be, I just like him enough to approve of the addition.
    I was looking at Amazon’s free comics yesterday and found a Blue Marvel TPB is free right now. Called “Adam:  Legend of the Blue Marvel”. Also there are a bunch of free BP comics and others from black creators. 

Anyway, it’s free!  Educate yourself!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are we 5*ing this week? I have lost complete track.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Are we 5*ing this week? I have lost complete track.
    Almost certainly, based on the past few months of a 5 every other release (or more often).  The last release was Legion.