Resources gained in 116 days

MadScientist
MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
I have started to note how many Heroic, Mighty, and Legendary Tokens as well as Command Points I gained in the last months. It may be of interest to some so I thought I'd share it. 
How do I play?
  • I play PvE CL10 and usually place in the 21-50 range. My alliance usually places in the top 50.
  • I play PvP CL10 to 40 or 50 wins and usually place in the 101-250 range. My alliance usually places in the top 100.
  • I play Lightning Rounds when it suits me and usually place in the 26-100 range.
  • I buy a Bugle Pittance every 28 (30?) days for the bonus rewards.
In the last 116 days I have gained:
  • 1197 Heroic Tokens (10.3 per day). I have spent 1250 tokens in that timespan (I had 197 tokens when I started this experiment).
  • 604 Mighty Tokens (5.2 per day). I have spent 550 tokens in that timespan.
  • 210 Legendary Tokens (1.8 per day). I have spent 209 tokens in that timespan.
  • 6354 Command Points (54.8 per day). I have spent 5690 cp in that timespan.
I noted more details on where I got the Legendary Tokens from:
  • 0.5% were 2-Star champion rewards (Bag Man!)
  • 31.7% were 3-Star champion rewards
  • 34.2% were 4-Star champion rewards
  • 8.4% were 5-Star champion rewards
  • 11.9% were from Crash of the Titans
  • 5% were from direct HP investments (40-Packs or special vaults)
  • 5% were PvX rewards (lucky personal placements, alliance placement, welcome to shield,...)
  • 2% were lucky vault pulls
  • 1.5% were from Shield Resupply

Comments

• shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Interesting. I see how much I'm missing by not being in a top alliance.

How much HP earned in that timespan?
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    shap328 said:

Same here.  But then again... I don't know if I'd be able to hold up my end of the bargain in a 'top' alliance.  I only play full progression PvE... and PvP only when i feel like it (although I do enter them all for at least seed fights).

I can see myself getting more bang out of it, then getting kicked out for not doing enough grinding for certain things.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    and PvP only when i feel like it (although I do enter them all for at least seed fights).

In my opinion, PVP is a double edged sword when it comes to HP.  PVP is good for generating iso (provided you don't skip too much) and can give good rewards for wins/score.  However, to get placement rewards, you may have to shield, which depending on your roster depth, may actually be HP-negative.  Shield hopping for high placements can be a serious drain on HP.

Depending on the state of your roster, you may want to shield out after getting to 900+.  Or time it so that a shield is placed within the last 3 or 8 hours of an event to minimize HP use.  Or just be satisfied with progression only until a reward comes by that you absolutely need.

Even after 6+ years, I still do a simple cost/benefit analysis on who I should sharget or when to shield.  If I can guarantee a higher placement by doing another hop, but the difference in rewards is less than the HP required to shield hop, then I don't do it (taking into account placement rewards as well as what any additional character covers might give me via champ rewards).  If I have two options of who to sharget, I'll skip the one who may require me to buy an additional roster slot earlier.  (Honestly, there's not much difference between a lvl 360 four star and a lvl 370 four star, so why force yourself into needing a duplicate roster slot any earlier than you need to?)
  • shap328
    shap328 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    PiMacleod said:
    shap328 said:

Same here.  But then again... I don't know if I'd be able to hold up my end of the bargain in a 'top' alliance.  I only play full progression PvE... and PvP only when i feel like it (although I do enter them all for at least seed fights).

I can see myself getting more bang out of it, then getting kicked out for not doing enough grinding for certain things.
    I'm usually T20 in PVE, but I only really do some PVP to the 10 CP reward and try to get the 10 Mighty tokens for a full season then stop. I doubt I'd be viewed as good enough for the top ones too.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    PiMacleod said:
    shap328 said:

In my experience most alliances tend to focus either on pve or pvp, rarely both. 

Go to the MPQ Alliances section of the forum and look to join a pve alliance.   If you already play pve to max progression you might as well get the extra rewards from being in an alliance where your alliance mates do as well.

One of the best things I did in this game was join a pvp focused alliance, the extra rewards really add up over time.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    There’s a bonus reward when you buy a Bugle Pittance ?
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    whenever you purchase anything with real cash you activate a 28 day bonus reward status.  Basically there is a chance after every fight to get some extra iso, HP or a token (I think just heroic) while this is active.  The Bugle Pittance just happens to be the most cost effective option to activate this.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    whenever you purchase anything with real cash you activate a 28 day bonus reward status.  Basically there is a chance after every fight to get some extra iso, HP or a token (I think just heroic) while this is active.  The Bugle Pittance just happens to be the most cost effective option to activate this.
    It's worth noting that only PVE node rewards trigger the bonus rewards.  Also, I am pretty sure that Elites drop as well as Heroics, and on rare occasions you will get a single CP.  If you can afford to spend even a little money on the game, it pays off pretty well if you are playing a lot of PVE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spending and playing competitively in a top alliance definitely speed up your progress a lot. froggerjohn started the game later than me but he's making better 5* progress than me. I think he has at least 3-5? top 5* ready to be champed.
    There's another retired player, bbigler, who spent about $600? and he was getting top 10 in SCL 9 within a year, if I didn't remember wrongly. At that time, I was still in SCL 6/7.
    I think 1.8 LT is definitely above average and I think 3-4 LTs a day is considered the highest gain for the top players?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020

I did not track my HP in that time but maybe I will add this to my spreadsheet. The problem is to track when I spend it. With tokens its easy for me, I only open them when I am at home.

Almost 75% of all legendary tokens come from champion rewards so you really need a working farm to reach that (or even higher) numbers.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards

I did not track my HP in that time but maybe I will add this to my spreadsheet. The problem is to track when I spend it. With tokens its easy for me, I only open them when I am at home.

Almost 75% of all legendary tokens come from champion rewards so you really need a working farm to reach that (or even higher) numbers.

I am not sure I consider having most of the 4s champed to be a "farm", but it is certainly essential if you want to recycle your earned pulls enough to hit the 3+ pulls a day to keep up with champing all the 5s.

Without that status (the vast majority of 4s pulled being champ rewards) you need to be very selective with which 5s you pull for.
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I can provide some stats as a veteran (day no.2384) and a competitive PVE player.
    Data for 120 days (4 month/seasons). No buy clubs, occasional buys in my alliance.

Roster: 300 slots
    Almost all 5* champed (Apoc and Onslaught are waiting). On top: PX 503, Okoye 493.
    All 4* champed except new ones, 43 maxed and 19 champed doubles.
    Ongoing 2* and 3* farm.

Characteristic of my play

I'm in a top alliance: T10 PVE / T25 PVP
    PVE: all 31 events in SCL9, 20x T1 (or T2 for a new char) and 11x T5 (T10 for a new char).
    PVP: SCL10 up to 1000 (no CP for 1200), T25/T50 (avg 4x T25 in a season).

Income

CP: 7,798 (65/day - 2.5 pulls)
    LT: 298 (2.5/day)
    Total: 5 pulls/day

HP: 145,695 (1214/day)
    370th level of a 4* (21x 1000HP): 21,000 total, 14.4%
    Maxed chars sell (16x3* and 43x2*): 13,375 total, 9.2%
    Direct buy (bundles usually): 6750, 4.6%

Iso: 12,700k (105.8k/day)
    Maxed chars sell (16x3* and 43x2*): 4,475k total, 35.2%
    S.H.I.E.L.D. rank rewards: 1067.5k, 8.4%
    Direct buy (bundles): 100k, 0.8%

Red Iso: 1,980k (16.5k/day)
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Oh, ok ! I thought this was linked to the VIP option (which I already have).