Carnage has no feeder.

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Wait!  Stop the presses!

Before you troll and roast me, I'm just pointing out that Carnage 5* was released on October 24th, 2019.

That was almost 8 months ago.

There are now a total of 8 5*s in the game without a feeder.  I won't even mention the 4s involved here.

We can all debate how often feeders should be released, whether or not they should be in classics exclusively or not, or even how rollouts should happen (or not happen *cough* shardmageddon 1.0 *cough*), but nobody can dispute that it's been 8 months since Carnage was released and that he doesn't have a feeder.

Decreased rewards and increased release rates have made it much more difficult to fully cover a 5 anymore.

Ultimately, I just want to be able to fully use a character.  I think it is fair to say that anyone that is forced to use an undercovered 5 in CL10 knows what I'm talking about.

Devs are gonna dev and the release train is going to keep on running on schedule, no matter what.  I get that.  I don't expect anything different at this point.  The dev radio silence, no matter what the cause, doesn't help.  Not throwing any shade here.  Both sides of the forum are to greater and lesser degrees responsible for the forum toxicity.

I just wanted to bring up that it has been 8 months in game since a feeder update happened.  That's just a long time to stagnate.

Getting off my soapbox now.  Maybe @IceIX can comment on some things coming down the pike, but I know I'm yelling into the wind here.  But if politics has taught me anything, it's that just because you are tired at yelling into the wind, it doesn't mean you stop.  Somebody will eventually hear you.

Happy grinding everyone.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be technical, we had our feeders in December, so it's been 6 months.  They just didn't feed Carnage then (I assume because he still had a ways to go in Latests).

It would be nice if they would communicate what they planned around feeders but the only time they even sort of mentioned it was waaaaayyyyy back when it started.

I have said before, I would not be surprised if feeders don't happen again.  We'll see.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Or maybe Feeders will just be updated once a year (Anniversary) which would make a lot of sense.
    KGB
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    Or maybe Feeders will just be updated once a year (Anniversary) which would make a lot of sense.
    KGB
    I don't disagree.  A simple post declaring intent would go a long way.  Of course, I know the response to that and it involves JJJ laughing at Peter Parker on an endless loop.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going to go out a limb here, due to the recent state of the forums, a dev response to this topic is slim. 
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Feeders will happen at some point due to release of 5s now I hope lol. My Carnage definitely needs his feeder. That being said I  feel your vent was very polite, and Anniversary time is very probable as feeders fell on the backburner priority list.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just want to repeat what everyone already knows, regular feeders create loyal players, lack of feeders/info upsets a loyal player base
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How was my life before pandemic? I think I dont remember lol. 
    Yes its time to stablish among those new 4* some feeders for new 5*.
    Its tradition.
    And its a great way for people buying like crazy new released 4* (devs did you listen that lol).
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to point out that I think feeders now "fit" the game better than ever.  It's a resource to be used/abused, for sure, but if they keep releasing these STRONG 5*s (iHulk, Apoc, Onslaught)... then the older 5*s just get farther left behind than they already are.

Release a feeder for those older ones, and now we can use what may have once been a meta character or combo, in an age where the strength and tenacity of Apoc/BRB can just laugh at you.  In other words... it wouldn't hurt anything to release feeders to older characters who nearly don't matter any more.  If anything, you're just rewarding your older/veteran players for sticking it out this long to see it happen.

Newer players, if they make it this far, aren't gonna care as much about older characters -- just the new hotness.

I dunno... maybe I'm not thinking right about it, but I'm all about rewarding loyalty when there's an ocean of mobile games out there just taunting people to try those out.  Feeders are loyalty to those who are loyal to you.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @PiMacleod

I don’t care about coverage on most older 5s, but I do want to roster them and have at least 1 usable power on them just for the 5e nodes in SCL7 and up. Just a little north of 2 years playing with a lot of time off not including this year. As it gets harder and harder to place well in events (T10 & up), roster slots continue to be THE primary concern. Add to that my exclusion from SCL10 for at least a few months, but likely much more (even then I probably have even longer to be able to do clears in PvE) and it becomes pretty clear that without feeders I’m in a constant holding pattern while the goalpost moves further and further away.

I see a lot of rosters less developed than mine in PvP that aren’t farming and level their 5s as much as they can (even with 1 cover), so my experience is probably not representative of the nunu players. I stick to the Pokémon philosophy for the constant rewards, while others may just be focused on w/e the other philosophies are. Hawkeye, Okoye, BiB, Thor, Kitty and Iceman are all highly desirable and unrostered while I also need/want covers for the 5s I do have. I think most newer players want to hit LL vaults like Profe$$or or Apoc to get a leg up, but once we’ve gotten there, those characters seem to be less important as the roster deepens.