R205 Release Notes (6/22/20)

Comments

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    R205 is out and I just updated it. However, I can't seem to see this change related to Support.

1) The roster can be sorted by Favorite Heroes.

Or are they hinting at something else?  :o

I'm not 100% on this.  If you go to supports and click the bottom right on one of the supports where the character picture is you can see your roster eligible for the support.  Besides filtering by 3,4 or 5 Stars there is now the bonus hero also which I think they're calling favorites here.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    R205 is out and I just updated it. However, I can't seem to see this change related to Support.

1) The roster can be sorted by Favorite Heroes.

Or are they hinting at something else?  :o

I see you can now favorite a character from their home screen to receive shards , I never noticed it before . Is that it because I also see zero difference otherwise 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Thanks MrPlow, I see that now. Supports are getting a lot of love for their UIs. I'd would love to see favourite team or roster sorting in Assemble Your Heroes screen soon.

As for favouriting character from home screen, I suppose you are referring to the top right Heart-Shards. It has been out since the roll out of shards.
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Kwahder said:
    "Welcome Home, Frank" is a milestone story of the Punisher.
    The Punisher story is called Welcome Back, Frank.

In comics, Professor X has been welcoming every mutant to their new home on Krakoa. I can’t see another 5 star Prof X so soon, but there may be something there.
    Oops, shame on me. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    "Welcome Home" is the Motto of the Rainbow Family of Living Light so I nominate Miguel Santos, the Living Lightning
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Since Spiders last movie was Far From Home, I’m thinking it’s a character from that movie , like a 5 star Happy Hogan 🤣🤣
    How about a duo character of Happy and Aunt May, with a power called “the beast with 3 backs” (I counted happy twice)
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Kwahder said:
    "Welcome Home, Frank" is a milestone story of the Punisher.
    The Punisher story is called Welcome Back, Frank.

In comics, Professor X has been welcoming every mutant to their new home on Krakoa. I can’t see another 5 star Prof X so soon, but there may be something there.
    I was thinking along the krakow line too, and came up with Franklin Richards.

The X-Men tried to recruit him recently, with words to the effect of you’re a mutant, this should be your home. 

He’s certainly powerful enough to be a 5* (not that that matters cough.. Okoye and legion.. cough)
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited June 2020
    A character they forgot to release with Homecoming?  2 star Shocker?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    @HoundofShadow
    On the supports screen, if you click the little spot on a support's "cover" where a character would be, it takes you to a new Roster menu that can be sorted by * tier as well as an option for Favorites
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    It's been awhile since black panther came out, but Hela was released months after ragnarok had left theaters so it could be Killmonger.

He came back to a home that he never really knew but his father had told him about and took over the whole country.
  • HoundofShadow
    Got it, ThaRoadWarrior. Thank you.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Support updates are interesting. Better late than never.

Any chance the three missing Supports (Widow's Batons, Pocket Radio, and Kra-Van) will be available in upcoming stores?

It'd be even better if there was even a snowball's chance in hell of getting the Infinity Stones, but even baby steps would be nice. I'm kinda tired of pulling Support tokens and then hoarding them on the off chance you finally offer the Supports I don't have.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now this time with this clue I dont have a clue.
    It would be the max a 5* JJ Jameson. It could have a power hitting with a rolled newspaper. And another one yelling You are fired!.
    But dont mind me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    "This is 5 million readers worth of power. It can depose Mayors. It can destroy Presidents".
    J. Jonah Jameson (Daredevil - Born Again)
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    If they were ever going to do a Limited 5 star...
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Is there a reason Onslaught didn't rotate in?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2020
    New 5* usually rotate in two weeks after their stores close. So, you can look forward to him this Sunday/Monday.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    My vote is for Blue Marvel, the MCU's "newest hero".

I recently read the Blue Marvel comics - he's an African-American superhero from the 50's who was forced into retirement when his mask tore during a battle with a villain that was broadcast on TV, and the public is shocked when they realise the colour of his skin.  Racial segregation is rife, and there are riots.  The President tells him the world isn't ready for a black superhero, and regrettably asks him to go into hiding to prevent any further unrest. 

Years later, Blue Marvel is asked to return to save the world after the Avengers get defeated.  The (new) President tells him that old opinions have now changed and matured to the point where skin colour doesn't frighten people anymore.  The President issues an apology.  In other words, Blue Marvel gets welcomed back into the 'home' of active super heroes.

This seems a timely character release, considering recent events (although given the time it takes to develop a new MPQ character, it would be a massive co-incidence that this one happened to be ready for release right now).

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be down for Blue Marvel. My only exposure to him is via the Ultimates comics (that's 616's team, not the Avengers equivalent from the Ultimate Marvel line). That team starts with Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, Black Panther, America Chavez, Blue Marvel, and Spectrum (Monica Rambeau, who was the second Captain Marvel way back in the day).

That was a solid team, and I'd like to see both Blue Marvel and Monica Rambeau join MPQ eventually.