CotT: Of Bows and Strings

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, champed Kate got of to a bad start. The board was no good at all, wrong colors and despite trying to deny Hawkguy's colors, he got off his blue several times and purple. I got off a black and Kate's countdown was unreachable. It took forever and would just not lift off. I got mad and retreated, thinking: I'll show you!!! Used blue/purple black/green and all +2 boosts just to be sure. And the match was over in three turns. LT was a 4* champ level. Haven't seen a 5* in a while.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I took my Kate into this already injured so she was down to about 10k health but otherwise champed. Hawk got the upperhand and he managed to get his purple off which hurt Kate quite badly, however she retaliated with her blue. However Hawk then got his explosive off and then matched 4  but it wasn't  enough with Kate left with 139 health and a flashing black AP bar. So, so close but victory was sweet and Kate hit the bullseye!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was a pretty fun fight for my 280 3/5/5 Kate. Since they were so closely matched health and level wise, I decided to go without any boosts or support items. It ended up being enjoyable - I had no trouble getting blue, but ol' Clint decided that black tiles were his favorite treat, and he chased them with reckless abandon. Luckily I managed to get enough blue to use.. errr, my blue, on the turn before he cast black. That worked out great, as he got no healing, and I got free tiles! After that I kept chipping away until I got enough black to finish him off. 

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It took about 5 attempts for my 4/1/2 Kate, with 2* Taskmaster's Sword, and +1 purple, +2 black AP boosts.

It's usually really hard to win a fight when you have to deny 3 colors, so in this case, I had to prioritize purple (which I can't survive), blue (which I can survive 1x), black. And indeed he fired off one blue, but wasn't able to get the kill shot with the second one. He also got his black, but I had enough blue to block the healing in advance. I think that's one of the funnest things to do in this match, because then he's just giving you free strikes.

Finishing move was a match-5 that gave me enough black, and which also brought him under the 2K threshold for it.