R205 Release Notes (6/22/20)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the R205 Release Notes:

‘Welcome home”

Enjoy your summer in MPQ with an all-new character, hot bundles, and sizzling content!

• Additional quality of life updates have been made to the functionality of equipping supports from the Supports screen:
    • The name of the Support is displayed at the top of the screen.
    • If the Support is already equipped to a character, the character will be displayed first with a special banner.
    • All characters that the Support's synergy perk applies to are sorted to the front and are highlighted.
    • The roster can be sorted by Favorite Heroes.
  • Wolverine (X-Force)'s green power "X-Force" now correctly deals damage for destroyed tiles.
  • Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s "Infinite Power" now prevents powers from swapping tiles.
  • The  synergy perk for the "Hope Summers" Support now correctly triggers once for each Charged tile matched by the enemy, instead of once for each enemy match that includes a Charged tile.
  • Added a sound effect when closing certain popups and deselecting tiles.
  • Power banners for a few Supports have been updated to be more clear and accurate.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we ever get those character updates, it would be cool if Thano5's purple was a start-of-battle passive. I think locking out board effects (like start of battle strike deployment, for instance), would pretty immediately put him back into viability.

@LakeStone
    will the text of Infinite Power also be updated to reflect that change? "no tiles may be detroyed or changed except by Thanos (tiles may still be moved or matched)" is the current wording. Not sure if you'd add in "swapped" someplace or not.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome home.
    Mantis maybe? She ended up in a couple non-Marvel comics under different names. Or, let’s see, someone literally missing and returned in comics. Maybe a “blipped” character from the movies... Mantis?
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    "Welcome home."

Someone who was missing for a long time?  Captain America and Winter Soldier come to mind.

Someone who never had a home till they joined the group in question?  That could be anyone really, but the X-Men in particular tend to take in people without a place in the world.

Someone like Ka-Zar who is specifically identified with his home base, the Savage Land?  Could also apply to Dr Strange, Wong, the Fantastic Four, or any Inhuman characters, all of whom have strong ties to particular locations.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome Home makes me think of the song "I'm coming home" which had Skylar Grey, which then led me to Nate Grey.  Since they're on a big mutant/X-men kick....

5* Nate "X-Man" Grey incoming....
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Welcome Home"

Did Marvel/Disney recently (past few months) re-acquire rights to some of their character(s)? If so, the Welcome Home could refer to a character coming back to the Marvel fold (ie available for the MCU).

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2020
    back in 2014, Marvel did a big Welcome Home set of interlocking variant covers that spread across 20 books, but I didn't read it so I couldn't say what it's deal was:

Looks like Marvel was using that slogan at the time to welcome the return of Star Wars to the comic lineup? surely it won't be that.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome Home makes me think of the song "I'm coming home" which had Skylar Grey, which then led me to Nate Grey.  Since they're on a big mutant/X-men kick....

5* Nate "X-Man" Grey incoming....
    Omg I HOPE! And I like that song too. 
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    "Welcome Home, Frank" is a milestone story of the Punisher.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    The song I associate with Welcome Home is Metallica's Welcome Home (Sanitarium). So we are getting 5 star Legion?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Sanitarium; maybe that's a New Mutants (live action film) reference? Isn't that kind of a horror film set in a sanitarium?

• Waddles_Pines
    Sanitarium; maybe that's a New Mutants (live action film) reference? Isn't that kind of a horror film set in a sanitarium?

Is that movie ever going to see the light of day?  

Ah I looked it up, original release date was April 2018... Now it's August 28, 2020...
  • IIAlonditeII
    IIAlonditeII Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    KGB said:
    "Welcome Home"

Did Marvel/Disney recently (past few months) re-acquire rights to some of their character(s)? If so, the Welcome Home could refer to a character coming back to the Marvel fold (ie available for the MCU).

KGB

Recently Apocalypse
    Mr Sinister
    Onslaught

hmmm, Nate Grey wouldn't be far from the tree.

I welcome it with open arms. I've been Wanting 5* Nate Grey for a long, long time now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    For a presumably "dead" feature, they are putting a lot of focus on Supports the past couple months. Are Supports coming to PvPs finally? Will they finally be enabled? 

The Sakaar Clash HfH bundle is interesting: 1.25 5* Thor cover and 5 MEH covers

As for "Welcome Home" clue, Marvel is hyping a big event this July for their comic release: Empyre. "EMPYRE, the legendary epic that will shatter the Marvel Universe, begins this July." Since the next character is a 5*, I think it could be Emperor...
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Since Spiders last movie was Far From Home, I’m thinking it’s a character from that movie , like a 5 star Happy Hogan 🤣🤣
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    "Welcome Home"

KGB
    Nothing more recent than the Fox buy, I don't think. I think some Netflix stuff is inching forward but is still incomplete (like they might have the rights to Daredevil, but they couldn't do Charlie Cox as Daredevil yet, so they could reboot, but not do a season 4 of the Netflix show or have that character cameo elsewhere yet).

And nothing in the pipeline for release. Falcon and Winter Soldier should be next, but isn't due till August. 

Regardless, I don't think there's anything MCU-related to push a character release at the moment. Doesn't make an MCU release out of the question (like a FFH Spidey in the red/black, or maybe Iron Man in Endgame after he's returned home from space? don't really have a good guess if it does happen to be MCU related, just noting that it's theoretically possible).

Not sure about non-MCU, either. The F4 returned to Earth some time ago. Can't think of any big resurrections or anything. Can't really think of any major "outcast" characters that might make sense (we're up for a 5* next, so it's probably not another member of the Runaways, you know?).
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    "Welcome Home, Frank" is a milestone story of the Punisher.
    The Punisher story is called Welcome Back, Frank.

In comics, Professor X has been welcoming every mutant to their new home on Krakoa. I can’t see another 5 star Prof X so soon, but there may be something there.
  • Waddles_Pines
    JHawkInc said:.

And nothing in the pipeline for release. Falcon and Winter Soldier should be next, but isn't due till August. 

Maybe WandaVision?  It's supposed to be about their home life. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:.

Maybe WandaVision?  It's supposed to be about their home life. 
    It is, but I believe it's still six months from release.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    R205 is out and I just updated it. However, I can't seem to see this change related to Support.

1) The roster can be sorted by Favorite Heroes.

Or are they hinting at something else?  :o