**** Legion (David Haller) ****

Comments

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I like this interesting idea. This feels like a good mechanical interperetation of someone with multiple personalities to me. I'm not going to be able to spend any real time with him due to MMR of course, but I do still think the idea is fun.
    I agree. The guy that is in charge of creating the powers for the char is much more bounded and wise regarding the marvel lore than the guy that chooses the tier (lv 1,2,3,4 or 5) of each new char. 

Good job
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In fact he has a thousand personalities left. Enough for making 2 5* versions of him.
    Now being a 4* it means all players can enjoy him and I think its a great design work. I expect a shield training unique playing him at max level. 
    After that each player will study what place has this one on his roster.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I just tried him in the Introducing... Event. I fired only 5 powers because it's difficult to get Prof X to choose Storm's power. There's a 1/6 chance of him putting attack tiles on the board. Without eSAP tiles on the board, his blue power can't be fired.

One interesting behaviour of his repeater tile that creates attack tile is that it moves in a random direction. I saw it move up, left and right before Prof X got downed by those attack tiles. So, I suppose it will move downwards.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I was able to fire his blue without enemy SAP tiles, but I had an invisibility tile and a repeater on the board, he fortified them.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    When I fired his purple power it only seemed to destroy one AP of the colour that the repeater is on. The description says it should destroy three. Did anyone else notice that?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    When I fired his purple power it only seemed to destroy one AP of the colour that the repeater is on. The description says it should destroy three. Did anyone else notice that?
    Destroy 3 if you have more red than purple.
    After playing him I think its an excellent character. Really funny, useful, it makes you think your best move, and always changing.
    Animations are super cool too, kind of c'thulcthu related.
    Its fascinating.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Yes, his purple power is bugged. 

I tried firing invisibility tile before firing his blue and it works. Watching his blue power animation twice in a row made me giddy though.  :D

Also, his repeater tile that creates Attack tile actually swapped position with the basic tile. I thought it would work like this:

current turn: green tile / blue repeater / red tile
    next turn: green tile / blue attack tile / red repeater tile

In fact, it's:

next turn: green tile / red attack tile / blue repeater tile
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, his purple power is bugged. 
    I created a bug post. I think his yellow might be bugging also. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found him quite underwhelming in the first battle. He lost 3 times to his dad before he finally managed to stay invisible and down him. I suppose a lot of  that is because Prof$ is such a strong 5* in that if he gets a bunch of match-4's your dead and Legion has no real offensive firepower (he's a support guy).

On the plus side, I was able to fire his Black twice and make a 2nd invisibility tile which I wasn't sure you could do. That helps him stay invisible.

KGB
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    A character rapidly firing off 6 powers is like having an extra character. He’s instant rainbow 🌈. I just have to figure out who to team him up with. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    A character rapidly firing off 6 powers is like having an extra character. He’s instant rainbow 🌈. I just have to figure out who to team him up with. 
    I'm thinking Shuri.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    He might be fun with 4* starlord against goons. Legion’s powers are cheap anyway but with the yellow CDs on the board you’d be firing powers all day long. Plus with a few purple repeaters out you could shut down goons completely if you wanted. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's a lot of fun. Too bad I'll rarely get to use him.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Where's the Legion & Friends vault?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    MrPlow said:
    Where's the Legion & Friends vault?
    in his mind...
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Thought he was fun on first play, like that they made his powers such a good metaphor for his comic book self. He'll probably be best paired with  characters that benefit from teammates firing abilities and ones who can lower his ap costs from their already highly repeatable level to near constant. Not sure he'll be meta but I do like him.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to try out a Legion, Shuri, Magik team if for no other reason other than the lulz.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    I guess you won’t be able to send any of his powers as TUs. Seems like that would be wildly complicated. 
    I’m guessing if we can send a team-up, it’ll only be his yellow, purple, and green. 

Powers that have multiple forms are never Team-Up eligible.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    AXP_isme said:
    I guess you won’t be able to send any of his powers as TUs. Seems like that would be wildly complicated. 
    I’m guessing if we can send a team-up, it’ll only be his yellow, purple, and green. 

Powers that have multiple forms are never Team-Up eligible.
    5 star prof x purple has multiple forms and I'm almost certain I've received it as a team up before. 
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    At least Proteus must be a 5* riiiiight?