Nissa worldwaker?

Valerion
Valerion Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Is it just me or are they forgetting to put Nissa Worldwaker in store for a reason? Been waiting for quiet a while now. She even wasnt in store with the big Christmas sale if i remember correctly

Comments

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    good question now we will have to wait and see, but i see nissa world waker a lot more than her rarity would suggest.
  • Valerion
    Thanks for the replies, clear awnsers. I guess we will wait and see!
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    We appreciate the interest in this!
    I will pass this along to my team to get it to you as soon as possible :wink:
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    morgue427 said:
    good question now we will have to wait and see, but i see nissa world waker a lot more than her rarity would suggest.
    They ran the DDZE event a lot. A mean, really a lot of times. Everyone that was playing last year had many opportunities to get her. She's a beast to play against and a top 3 mono color walker. 

BTW, never pick Eldrazi. They are never going to win.
  • Valerion
    But if i read the awnsers i need to play an event to unlock her? Was waiting in store  :| but will stay on the look out for the event now 

Thanks all.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    morgue427 said:
    They ran the DDZE event a lot. A mean, really a lot of times. Everyone that was playing last year had many opportunities to get her. She's a beast to play against and a top 3 mono color walker. 

BTW, never pick Eldrazi. They are never going to win.
    I agree, she is definitely in the top 3 for mono planeswalkers.

Curious though, given that Koth is also obviously in the top 3, who would you say the final top 3 mono walker is?
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @FindingHeart8 - my guess is Jace2
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tremayne said:

I second that.  Funny how its 3 different colors, but 2 very very old walkers in our top 3
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    In my mind, the monocolor PW debate is just a two-PW tier.

I have lost to Koth. A lot.
    I have lost to NWW. A lot.
    Maybe there's a Liliana I've lost to occasionally...

But I've never lost to Jace2.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:

Hmm, I thought of it as powerful walkers to play with, not against.

In that case Elspeth has given me fits before, since she always seems to hit that exert gem at the worst times.
    And her mana gains are really good too.
    Or maybe it should be Ob for his creatureless mastery?  I dunno
  • jtwood
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:

Hmm, I thought of it as powerful walkers to play with, not against.

In that case Elspeth has given me fits before, since she always seems to hit that exert gem at the worst times.
    And her mana gains are really good too.
    Or maybe it should be Ob for his creatureless mastery?  I dunno
    Sorry, I have a stupid addiction to trying to make Greg better in PvP. It colors my perspective. I apologize.
  • Tremayne
    Mburn7 said:
    Tremayne said:

I second that.  Funny how its 3 different colors, but 2 very very old walkers in our top 3
    Yes, it is funny, that they are all old PW. But mono-coloured PW which are NOT tied to a specific mechanism is a lot more versatile, so that may be one reason.

I think it is also related to the arrival of the duo/tri-coloured PW, which means newer mono-coloured PW sees a lot less experimentation than older mono-PW. 

The versatility in deck building is simply just to good to force you to settle for a mono, unless you are locked to a mono. Because there are no down side to choosing duo/tri-PW. Perhaps, if it was required to have 3-4 card of every colour of the PW it would begin to become attractive to use mono-PW more often.
  • jtwood
    Tremayne said:

The versatility in deck building is simply just to good to force you to settle for a mono, unless you are locked to a mono. Because there are no down side to choosing duo/tri-PW. Perhaps, if it was required to have 3-4 card of every colour of the PW it would begin to become attractive to use mono-PW more often.
    There are some modest downsides, like getting lesser bonuses from their colors and/or greater negatives from their off-colors. Also, things that convert to "your planeswalkers colors" are less potent if you have a multi-colored PW.
    All in all, I'd rather have the deck construction flexibility of a multi-colored PW, but certainly, there are some slight edges to monowalkers worth calling out.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tremayne said:
    I was not expecting you to say Jace2.  I guess I can see his potential to be really formidable late-game.  Personally. I've rarely ever lost to him, but that could be on how Greg plays it.

I was thinking Gideon4, the Gideon from War of the Spark.  His mana gains are tier1 and his first and 3rd ability are great  :)
  • jtwood
    Tremayne said:
    I was not expecting you to say Jace2.  I guess I can see his potential to be really formidable late-game.  Personally. I've rarely ever lost to him, but that could be on how Greg plays it.

I was thinking Gideon4, the Gideon from War of the Spark.  His mana gains are tier1 and his first and 3rd ability are great  :)
    And when his ult was bugged... Wooo that was a hell of a match

• Tremayne
    @jtwood - the mana gains of tri-coloured PW are not a sufficient downside, as you also conclude.

it seems D3/Octagon is working with a template that says, the sum of the mana gains of a mono-PW is 9, a dual is 8 and a tri is 7 (there are exceptions, like the initial PW with 5 and older PW with other sums) but this means that you as a player is sacrificing 1 mana gain per additional colour and that is a very good deal in my opinion.

Sure, mana conversion is slightly restricted, but I fail to see it as such in a practical sense. There are simply to many options to work around it, since there are also converters that benefits from tri-colour.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    jtwood said:

I've never lost to Jace2.
    I think Jace2 is powerful in a player’s hands but not in Greg’s hands. When Greg plays Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and Sphinx’s Tutelage, you just exile cards with high costs and/or put other cards at the top of your hand. Greg does neither and will happily sit there with a full hand trying to play a card he will never play.