Biogenic ooze usless as a leader

AoMadness
AoMadness Posts: 76 Match Maker
So IV been messing round with Biogenic ooze and on its own it's a good card, but for the life of me I can't find and use for its leader ability as theres no ooze token producing cards. So should they add a card that makes ooze tokens or drop it as a leader 

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Well ... technically... you can use nightmare shepherd to create tokens from nontoken oozes! 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Bil that is a huge stretch, but you are right - technically.

@AoMadness - this have been mentioned again and again with various leaders, it seems leaders is a mechanic from MTG which has been implemented with very degrees of success in MTGPQ. 

BTW - My favourite answer I got when I made a similar complaint about Hatchery Spider; “just you wait sometime in the future HS is going to be insanely good” (because of a unknown card, that hasn’t been designed yet). So be patient (or move along as I have with HS)
  • AoMadness
    @Tremayne on its own I can get it 40+ so I'm happy with the card without it being a leader but would be nice to implement more cards to actualy affect these leaders.

@Bil IV not heard of nightmare shepherd
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Tremayne said:

BTW - My favourite answer I got when I made a similar complaint about Hatchery Spider; “just you wait sometime in the future HS is going to be insanely good” (because of a unknown card, that hasn’t been designed yet). So be patient (or move along as I have with HS)
    Hatchery Spider is plenty good with Izoni. And I've never tried him with Locust God but theoretically it should work. That's not very many cards, but it's still not the same situation as Biogenic Ooze, where there are literally no ooze token creating cards.

I think, however, that Oktagon is basically just copying over whatever cards Wizards makes, as closely as they can. They didn't have a crystal ball to know that Biogenic Ooze was going to be basically a one-off and sets weren't going to produce anything else Ooze-related in the subsequent sets. Maybe someday they will.
  • AoMadness
    edited June 2020
    @Mburn7 I love biogenic ooze I use him with experiment kraj and God Pharos ranos as he is strong as a normal rare type card. For me I feel leader on this card could make him stronger but without it he's still a good card, and im new to the world of MTG, puzzle quest is actually my first adventure into the series. So I am not very knowledgeable how cards get transferd from paper to this game