CotT: Spider Gwen vs. Miles

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Spider Gwen had no real issues here. Got off a yellow, followed by a purple and ended the match with a hefty Cherry Bomb. Miles producing web tiles actually helps Gwen. LT was a Icem4n champ level.

Comments

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    DENY PURPLE AND RED! Deny Miles belongs in spiderverse! Deny COVID itself...well maybe don't get that carried away :p. As above, rinse and repeat.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try for my level 157 Gwen (5/4/4). I gave her Taskmaster's Sword to help balance the level discrepancy a bit, and denied purple at all costs. Poor Miles was not having a great day, as he didn't get enough AP to fire even one of his powers. One cast of red knocked quite a bit of stuffing out of his britches, and from there it was clean-up duty with match damage. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/4/4 Lvl209 Gwen had a rough time around first time out as Miles was loving all the purple and red he seemed to get no matter what I did, however once she could get the stun train running whilst tagging Miles with some Cherry bomb hits he went down third try.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Close one, even for a champed Gwen. Miles just kept getting purple. He went invisible twice, the first time I managed to match it away before he jumped out and tagged him with a Cherry Bomb that dropped his HP to triple digits, but the second time I got smacked, taking me down to ~1200 hp. Fortunately, I managed to win the punch-out after that, but I was at ~250 hp.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Miles is underrated I always felt and a dangerous opponent if you can't deny purple. He doesn't get to like the hair though.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    My 1/0/3 Gwen was just barely able to do this.
    Took +2 yellow, +2 purple, +1 all.
    Taskmaster's Sword rank 2

Matched purple at all costs, and tried to feed Miles yellow. The object is getting as many web tiles on the board as possible. Then use the purple to stun him before collecting the webs to heal (so he doesn't get AP).

Ate one red, but that was just survivable. Came down to the wire, and had to stun twice when he had enough red for the kill shot, in order to make the final moves to finish him. With no offense other than match damage (and the Sword), it was really tight.