XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#246: Another lazy episode

* R204

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The final numbered PVP season was XXXII (32) in October 2016, which was succeeded by the 3rd anniversary. The first Power Gem Season was after that. The cycle is: power, time, reality, soul, mind, space. 

The term “Gem” was used in the season name until the end of the fourth Power Gem Season (in April 2018), after which the nomenclature was changed to “Stone” for the fourth Time Stone Season. (And before Craig asks: Yes, “Stone” is part of the season name. Tap on the season chapter/rewards screen to see it. Also there’s a picture of a stone there; it’s not just decoration.) It was also at this time that the colors of the seasons were changed. All of this was to match the movies more closely. 

The current season is the eighth set of infinity gem/stone-themed PVP seasons. If they were still using the original numbering system — and not counting anniversary seasons, but including the short Infinity Season before the shortened third Power Gem Season before the fourth anniversary — the current Soul Stone Season would be Season LXXIX (79). 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To add to UNCSamuari’s recommendations, for players with high champ 3*’s, but low champed (or unchamped) 4’s, consider pairing Nebula and Nico with 3* Sam Wilson, who are all boosted this week.  Although Sam and Nico share all three colors, they only have one active ability overlapping (plus Nebula and Nico overlapping on blue—you have no black user). The strategy is a basic special tile boosting one, and as Sam should only ever tank one color while the other two have true heals (Nico’s is always maxed if you fire Sam’s purple first) it’s reasonably sustainable for PVE.

I did have trouble against Mindless Ones (and presumably any tile spammers), where Sam’s blue is too slow to keep any semblance of board control, so for those games I subbed Sam for 3* Hawkeye, which with 5 on black greatly ramps up AP generation and adds a cheap early stun if you need it.  He even gives the team three true healers, all off different colors, which is nice, although likely unnecessary.

It’s a team that’s WAY too slow for competitive PVE, but fun and effective otherwise.
  • TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know you made Gwen Stefani jokes...but my first thought when I heard the clue was of Missy Elliot, who calls out 'Holla!' several times throughout her classic Hip Hop track, 'Get UR Freak On.'  Since the lyrics of one instance of her shouting is 'Now People Dance Around/Now People Jump Around'....it is obviously a reference to Batroc The Leaper, the greatest jumper in the Marvel Universe, which means my campaign to get the greatest villain of all represented in MPQ has succeeded.

Also, for shame....all this talk of Mark Calloway and Jesse Ventura (who stole his gimmick from Superstar Billy Graham) and not even a mention of Chris Jericho?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hadn't realized Hawk-Guy was featured in Heart of Darkness when I wrote my previous post.  With the feature boost, Hawk-Guy is objectively better than Sam for the goon-heavy wave nodes (plus he's required for the featured wave nodes anyway).  What he lacks in board control he makes up in speed and he's also much more versatile.  Against Mindless Ones and Ultron bots from last event, it's pretty much automatic that Nico will take a hit to transform and get her tile generation going.  Against ninjas & maggia goons, it's not, so it can be harder to generate the tiles for Sam & Nico to work their combined magic.  Clint doesn't have the same problem, so as long as the goons are pumping out countdowns, the AP engine is rolling along.  

So far through Day 1, Nico has yet to even transform in a wave node for me, but with Nebula's repeater heal (at my levels, boosted, it's ~1k a turn) and Clint's black heal (max champed with the feature boost it's ~7k), I've had an incredible sustainable team that can brush off non-lethal hits while creating a pretty sizable quantity of special tiles to buff to infinity & beyond.  

Fun times...