Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    PVE: I’ve 7-cleared day 1-2 of CL10 Sim and plan to do the same for day 3 tomorrow. Surprisingly I’m just outside T10 playing as optimally as I can. Sucks being the bridesmaid, but 7-clearing is a point of pride more than for the rewards!

The best best moment was doing my end three clears of sub 1 and opening 4 of sub 2 with only the 10 packs I started with and whatever regened while playing. Dipped into the taco stash massively day 1 and managed to avoid it entirely today!

PVP: Took down a high level BRB/Bishop team with Daredevil/Surfer. ‘Twas awesome!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I  went to Reddit MPQ and see 2 out of 3 posters getting Apocalypse on their first pull. So, I thought that I could open my LTs and be the lucky one too.

First pull:4*
    Second pull: 4*
    My last and only LT left: Apocalypse  :p
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    The LL token from todays Crash gave me gave me a Green Havok cover to take him to 3/5/5. 13 covers for a relatively new 5* who was 2/2/5 at one point (made me nervous) with no saved covers.

There goes my good luck for the rest of the year.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    The LL token from todays Crash gave me gave me a Green Havok cover to take him to 3/5/5. 13 covers for a relatively new 5* who was 2/2/5 at one point (made me nervous) with no saved covers.

Good thing you pulled before he rotated out. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Anon said:

Tell me about it. I'm still upset I missed out on PX.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Anon said:

Wait--someone missed out on PX?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    Anon said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Anon said:

Wait--someone missed out on PX?
    That is indeed bad luck. He currently holds the record for time in Latests (and apparently always will). 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    I finally defeated Spider-Man in DDP with 2/1/2 Sandman with a bit of luck and Chewie Support usage. That LT got be Apocalypse. Still would like Yelena more but wont complain.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting my phone upgraded so playing MPQ is no longer a chore, and it actually feels worth coming back!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 676 Critical Contributor
    Got 8th in Deadpool PVP. 1st time that high in PVP. Did spend 500 HP on shields and health packs but still I am happy.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Either

A. The devs are right and the new business model is increasing spending

or

B. They have become botanists ;)
  • bluewolf
    Hax!  And I say Hax! again to meet the character limit. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally champed my 2* Storm after 15 saved covers. All I need is just that one colour. It lets me appreciate how helpful Saved Covers can be for new players. 
  • bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    Hax!  
    Maybe.. I'm just going to take their points away if they're not going to retaliate.

Add: looks like they're gone now. They didn't have any alliance anymore and they're gone from my cache. Got some points off them and now back to fighting BRB Kitties.. :lol:
    Welcome to the Sandbox, unidentified hacker.  Stay awhile.  Stay forever...... mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team-up the enemy team in the Hunt node (Yelena Benlova, Bullseye, and Venom) was Sentry's World Rupture.  This is usually a problem when it goes off, especially with Bullseye's protect tiles shielding the enemy team from their damage.  However, when you have Kitty Pride's "Practiced Offense" out and World Rupture goes off...hilarity ensues.  Attack tiles flooded the board, and with Kitty boosting them, the match ended very, very quickly.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Pulled a support Token from The Hunt vault and with Taskmaster's Sword still in the Supports' vaults, decided to spend it.

I got a 3-star Taskmaster's Sword.

Not a terribly useful Support, not unless you're doing a Crash event vs a Hero and need a little extra oomph. And at max level (for a 3-star Support) it does just that, boosting the character's match damage to 5-star levels.

I know, I know. Supports. Meh.

Just I've been wanting an upgraded Taskmaster's Sword for a while now (I had a lower tier version), even going so far as to hoard Support tokens I'd get when the Sword was not in the Supports Vault, and so I was pretty happy to finally get the 3-star Sword.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    OJSP said:

Maybe.. I'm just going to take their points away if they're not going to retaliate.

Add: looks like they're gone now. They didn't have any alliance anymore and they're gone from my cache. Got some points off them and now back to fighting BRB Kitties.. :lol:
    Welcome to the Sandbox, unidentified hacker.  Stay awhile.  Stay forever...... mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Is that...an Impossible Mission reference???

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    bluewolf said:
    OJSP said:

Is that...an Impossible Mission reference???

Still hear this out loud in my head since I played that game endlessly on my C64.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team-up the enemy team in the Hunt node (Yelena Benlova, Bullseye, and Venom) was Sentry's World Rupture.  This is usually a problem when it goes off, especially with Bullseye's protect tiles shielding the enemy team from their damage.  However, when you have Kitty Pride's "Practiced Offense" out and World Rupture goes off...hilarity ensues.  Attack tiles flooded the board, and with Kitty boosting them, the match ended very, very quickly.

I love running BRB/Kitty against Sentry. I'll just let them have all the green they want. In one match in Unstable ISO-8, it actually ended up at the point where he had to wait a couple of turns after getting the AP to fire it again, and then when he did, it only made one countdown, since so many of the tiles on the diagonals were specials :smiley:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020

I love running BRB/Kitty against Sentry. I'll just let them have all the green they want. In one match in Unstable ISO-8, it actually ended up at the point where he had to wait a couple of turns after getting the AP to fire it again, and then when he did, it only made one countdown, since so many of the tiles on the diagonals were specials :smiley:
    I had the same thing happen again, except this time Nightcrawler was on my team.  He BAMFed and avoided the damage, which means I only got six attack tiles each time one of the countdown tiles went off instead of nine.  C'est la vie.