How about some 5* feeders?

marshall
marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
Given how fast the 5*s are coming, how CP was diminished and how impossible it is to cover anything using Classics, can we please get feeders for the 8 uncovered 5*s?

I mean, are the numbers of spend justifying speeding up like this? Would be great for new 4* players to slowly build their 5* base, have a view to one day finishing Beta Ray Bill since he's so essential to the meta.

Hell, honestly double feeders would be nice too. Maybe if I get another 6 Wasp covers I can find a use for her. :wink:

Also some minor ways to gain shards on 4*s would be nice, perhaps some shards for the featured 4* on DDP? Please don't remove yet more CP to do this. :sweat_smile:

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What % of the players benefits the most from feeders immediately?

The players who benefits the most immediately are only those long-time veteran players because they can double-dip on those rewards, and their 4* characters are usually levelled high enough to secure them at least another 2-3 covers immediately.

Let's talk about new 4* players. Those who play non-competitively are going to take a long time to even benefit from all those feeders. Just the second cover of 5*, which is given out at level 300, will take them months to achieve this.

1* to 3* players are out of the equation because it will take them years (depending on how competitively they play), to even hit one cover.

Because the % of players who can truly benefits from feeders form such a small %; therefore, I can see why feeders is not a priority. It's simply a temporary shot of endorphins that last a couple of months before the players bug the devs for this "drug" again.

• marshall
    Hmm I thought the whole point of shards was that you can target specific characters hence build up a feeder?

While I agree that the immediate benefit is for the few if they use old characters, they could work around it by:
    - providing more opportunities to gain shards on a targeted character, especially a 4*
    - use a new character as a feeder, so all current players have a shot at getting them to 270-300 

Finally as someone that has players in their alliance with zero hope of covering classics, I think some other way must be done to reducetreduce dillution?

• Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    It's not worth it. 

You get the older 5*s covered, but they are no use against the newer shinier (more health, more damage, better powers) 5*s
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not worth it. 

You get the older 5*s covered, but they are no use against the newer shinier (more health, more damage, better powers) 5*s
    I continue to have little faith that feeders will be added.  It would be nice for newer players if they added some, but who knows.

It's a catch 22, I think, in a way.  It's good for a new person to have an avenue to get a cover for older (Classic) 5s, just to be able to access a 5E.  And the rate we are going, a new Classic enters the pool every month (or more frequently) making it harder to pull that cover from an increasingly diluted pool.  Feeders circumvent that issue if you can divert your shards to a 4 to deliver a 5.

I am not against more feeders but the rationale for them has been diminished in number of areas.  It's nice to build on a 4 to get a cover for a 5 while chasing a different 5 in shards, but for speed's sake you are far better off targeting a 5 directly.  It takes far less pulls (167 Latest or Classics to get a 5 fully sharded; 27 pulls or so per cover of a 4,or 533 pulls to get from 280 to 300, minus the shards you get from opening Heroics/Mightys/etc).

It's kind of funny because shards allowed me to finish the Classics, but in retrospect I used my 4* shards poorly vs just targeting the feeders for Kitty and Okoye as SCL10 has revealed that every level on those two helps.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    What % of the players benefits the most from feeders immediately?

The players who benefits the most immediately are only those long-time veteran players because they can double-dip on those rewards, and their 4* characters are usually levelled high enough to secure them at least another 2-3 covers immediately.

Let's talk about new 4* players. Those who play non-competitively are going to take a long time to even benefit from all those feeders. Just the second cover of 5*, which is given out at level 300, will take them months to achieve this.

1* to 3* players are out of the equation because it will take them years (depending on how competitively they play), to even hit one cover.

Because the % of players who can truly benefits from feeders form such a small %; therefore, I can see why feeders is not a priority. It's simply a temporary shot of endorphins that last a couple of months before the players bug the devs for this "drug" again.

What you described has been the situation for EVERY feeder introduced regardless of tier. Some players benefit and some players don't. So what makes updating feeders in the here and now any different than in the past. If anything feeders are more relevant now than they ever have been 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am going to hold off on giving the devs a hard time about feeders.  I would personally like to see the new 4* get feeders and the new 5* get feeders but I also understand the pandemic and having everyone work from home has effected them.  Balance changes and feeders have probable gone to the back burner.

just recently we have had a new shield training and a new introduction event which takes time to develop.

I will wait to see what they add through anniversary before Expecting new feeders for 4* and 5*
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    5* characters should get a feeder as soon as they enter the classics pool. Period.
    Totally agree, but it'll never happen.  If they did that, a lot of ppl will automatically have covers without needing to spend cp/hp.  Uncertainty drives spending  😟

Maybe as a compromise they let us know at launch who the feeder is, and the feeder is activated once the 5* is put into classics 🤔
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has happened only twice where they gave feeders for the latest 5*. I think it was for 5* Captain Marvel and Loki. Other than that, most feeders are given for Classic 5*. By then, it will take many months later for them to appear in 5* essential again.

If it is known that 5* will get a feeder immediately after they enter classic, it becomes an expectation and a norm. Players start taking things for granted, which happen often. Then it becomes an entitlement. After a while, expectation increases and players will start asking for double feeders for 5*. 

Therefore, it's better for them to hold their cards rather than showing their hands concerning feeders. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could be holding off until anniversary. If that passes and we get no feeders, it’s a safe bet they’re gone for good. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point we have Carnage, BRB, Sinister, and Havok as unfeds in Classics.  They have fed Latests before, but very rarely.  Prof was fed as a Latest, but he had also been in there for a long time by then so I assume a lot of people had him champed (it was about 4 months after he entered Latests).

In terms of timing, I would be fine if they started with one feeder for a Classic (probably the oldest one, so Carnage first)) as Hulk moves to Classics, or maybe when Yelena does, and just keep that going so that there are several unfed Classics at all times (which is what I have always expected anyway) which would certainly keep pressure on people to chase 5s while they are in Latests and before they enter the Classic Dilution Zone. 

Of course it's easy for me to say that.......I am sure this will be another feeder thread that ends up running its course and nothing will change as far as the devs' plans.

The devs know we like feeders.  This is not new information.  They know we want the full rewards.  What they do with that?  That's up to them, and their reward budget, etc etc etc.
  • hoho69brah
    hoho69brah Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    well Im all for feeders again , please keep them coming been a while without them. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let’s hope anniversary will bring some new feeders
  • marshall
    Please feed us, many of us are hungry with a view to finish characters like Apocalypse or BRB in 2-3 years at SCL9, doing 1200 PvP. Not my case, but would love to see more love to transitioning 4 to 5* players 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Why would demi release 5* feeders until they have some other big, bad-for-players revision to the game economy?  They sit on good-for-player changes until they can be tied to some other, less popular changes that demi/d3 want to implement for themselves.  It's a pretty well established pattern now (shards/feeders with champ rewards nerfs, cl10 with prog rewards nerf, the champ system with the leveling curve revision that made boosted 3*s useless, etc).