Who to target now?

Options
Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
Ever since the rollout of targeted heroes and 4* feeders, the best option for my roster has been obvious: Kitty was the only real meta character I never covered, so 3* cyc --> frost --> kitty was an easy choice for me. 

But my kitty is now at 11 covers + 391 shards, and emma just hit 280 for cover #12.  So that is basically accomplished now.  phew (it only took ~ 18 months with kitty as my favorite/sharget 5*!). 

but now it's. . . very strange. I have been in the [kitty] business so long, now that it's over, I don't know what to do with the rest of my [mpq] life.

Who should be next?  I still need ~36 more pulls to finish kitty, but then what?  None of the most desirable new 5*s have feeders, so they are out, and I have all the meta 5*s baby champed.  Carnage or Iceman are probably the closest to meta that I don't yet have .  So 4* Ice --> 5* Ice?  just chase carnage to pair with Bill? 

If i don't pick a 5* with a 4* feeder, what is the optimal 4* targeting strategy these days?  I feel like 4* covers are quite plentiful, so quickly champing new releases is easy (e.g., Karnak is already 280+ and I didn't chase him at all).  Is is just best to focus on extra levels for the stunner bros and Juggs so they can play better in 5* land?  Or should I hop around to speed up key cp/LT champ rewards?

And what about 3*s?  Just maximize rewards while farming (i.e. always target characters close to the LT rewards at 227/239, or to power through those very valuable 245-266 champ levels)?

All advice/discussion on this topic is welcome.  What are you all doing?

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rescue is the best classic I don’t have champed, so I’ve been chasing her (via Hulkbuster/IM40).  And she’s trash.  Iceman and Carnage are both way better than Rescue, so if I was in your shoes I’d be chasing them. I value Iceman quite highly. Paired with Thorkoye he’s pretty much my CL10 PVE A-team. Carnage I like, but mostly play on fun teams. Not as essential to my roster as Bobby. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    with Where the meta is going I would just go Apocalypse.  He is great with 1/2 health Thor and either 5Ice or BRB.  For 4* bonus hero’s either aim for Ice or Hawkeye to help with challenge nodes.

overall Apocalypse can hold his own at level 450 and boost a ton of damage
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage is not required to be run with Bill, although people do so in Sim right now.  It could be interesting to see if Onslaught shakes that up a little eventually.  Anyway, I'd not be spending time chasing him.

Iceman is really nice for SCL10 CN's (I use him a lot, more than 2099 personally, but that is partly because of a Rank5 Blackbird).  He can really get going on waves as well with Thorkoye.  He'd be my choice for 5 shards, for sure.

Juggs can be a good choice but I don't think he can truly get big enough to impact clears in SCL10; I would aim for making him able to one-shot any trivial regardless of who is in front or back, speeding up your clears a little.  My opinion is that he has diminishing returns after that point, although he could be a Thanos substitute in SCL9.  Juggs might be the fastest ROI in terms of play speed/impact.

Worthy is a solid choice for surviving longer in CNs.

Lastly, you can consider Shuri to pump up Okoye who I consider the single biggest asset in my SCL10 play.

Targeting both 4 and 5 Ice is an option, but you should make sure it would make sense (how big your 4Ice is and how fast he'd deliver covers for 5 ice, would you need them, etc).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m kind of in the reverse of this now, having spent a bunch of time getting remedial green covers on my Thor. I’m 4 valks + 300 shards from that, and then I’ll be diving in to the Remedial Kitty plan to see how long it takes me to get my 3/2/0 into functional shape. 

I have Carbage, Rescue, and Iceman all champed, and Iceman is the clear winner. Rescue is really novel with Carbage/BrB, but she was a big disappointment. There are several better multi tap characters now, which was her X aside from turning enemy specials red. Onslaught scoops her as a cascade generator, and Apocalypse scoops her as a multitapper.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone up for advice on a 4*? I started a thread on the roster help, but it looks like almost all the activity is in general.