Is D3 trying to burn MPQ down?

Options
2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I rarely see 4* Torch anywhere. I can't remember the last time I played against him. Is he popular with 5* players, like in PvEs?

he plays pretty well with thorkoye.  So he definitely has a place.  But sadly for him, he doesn't play with that pair nearly as well as sabretooth or 2099, both of whom came out at roughly the same time.  And he is a good way to spam strike tiles, but even there isn't quite AS good as grocket or valk at doing the same thing.I strongly agree with optimus.  If he had come out in 2015 or 2016, we would think of him the way we think about iceman, blade, rulk, or cyc (i. e., very good 4*s that you will barely ever use once you have a decent 5* roster).  but he came out much later, when carol, medusa, peggy, vulture, and bishop were already a thing, and many more players were deep into 5* land.  so he kinda gets overlooked a bit now.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I rarely see 4* Torch anywhere. I can't remember the last time I played against him. Is he popular with 5* players, like in PvEs?
    I use him all the time in PVE with multi waves or 5* node . His wildfire is 5 attacks passive every round , His 6 is cheap , with boosts and a plus 3 green support I can get it burning 1st or 2nd move . With Okoye he’s now an inferno and after a few team up matches he’s doing over 100K Team damage  every round by turn 6 or 7. Waves 2-4 are down as soon as they arrive . Have yet to see damages higher per turn than Okoye/ Torch 4