[Updated] Blowtorch Update: DPS Increase (6/4/20)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited June 2020 in GI Joe General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

We wanted to share an update to Blowtorch that should help pack a little more punch to the regularly scheduled heat that he brings to the Joe squad. This change will go live in the next hotfix that may be live as early as today. 

See his previous stats compared to his new stats below.

(Previous)

Blowtorch (5 AP cost)
Min Level Health: 377
Min Level DPS: 57
Max Level Health: 1032
Max Level DPS: 188
Speed: 2 (Slow)
Range: 4 (Cone)

(New)

Blowtorch (7 AP cost)
Min Level Health: 159
Min Level Armor: 397
Min Level DPS: 111
Max Level Health: 434
Max Level Armor: 1084
Max Level DPS: 368
Speed: 2 (Slow)
Range: 4 (Cone)

Tagged:

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    A 40% increase in AP cost and a 16% reduction in HP in return for 95% increase in damage seems all right. That makes him the second most expensive unit after Whale. I did not include Mobat because it has 2ap reduction when you unlock his Rank 2 ability.

I'll swap out two of my units to team him up with Beach Head, while they conceal themselves under Smoke Bombardment. They also make a perfect 12ap team. Potentially, he and Beach Head can do better than my Mobat and Cover Girl, whom I use as my main damage dealer to "3-star" level 19 HQ.
  • MamuNestor
    MamuNestor Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    You screwed up the event bad by reducing event coins and making the reset 24hrs again... also there is no incentive to upgrade a base, because you get little to no victory points at high levels. That should be the opposite....
  • Footloose
    Footloose Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    You screwed up the event bad by reducing event coins and making the reset 24hrs again... also there is no incentive to upgrade a base, because you get little to no victory points at high levels. That should be the opposite....
    EXACTLY! We have level 10 players in our alliance that are now ranked at the top due to this oversight. The max trophies I can get in a PVP battle is now 25, while they are routinely getting 75-100 trophies for each victory. If I attack any base below a 19 it is only worth 10-15 trophies. The more you upgrade, the more you get punished. You do not get the trophy count and you lose substantially more trophies than lower ranked players. Fix this! 
  • MamuNestor
    MamuNestor Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Also I find that each update and patch causes more bugs and crashes. I have to force shut down the app after about 5 actions... can’t use the buy out boxes without a force shut down first. Can’t donate cards without multiple crashes. Crash crash and buttons not working... lag and dropped frames in battles sucks.