Who beats Carnage + Beta Ray Bill?

Kingart813
Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
Has anyone had any consistent success beating this team?  

What's your strategy? 

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting. I imagine tons of teams when Bill isn’t god boosted. What is their strategy? I don’t have either at more than 3 covers. Are you saying this team is better than Gritty, Thorkoye, HawCap, Billshop, Bish/anyone?
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Grocket+Bishop+Venom?
  • Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Maybe I was panicking at the disco,  but yea, that extra move carnage gives for brb to drop more protects and grow his blue is tough for me to stay ahead of.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    Wow...is Carnage that good with BRB?  I have BRB half covered and plan to pull him for LL once I decide who to pull him with.  I didnt didnt Carnage was that great so I was thinking of skipping...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    I think just about any of the meta teams can handle this combo without much trouble.  Especially without the BRB boost.  Thorkoye is somewhat at risk if okoye can't survivr a couple of blues from BRB, or if the board feeds a lot green to the ai.  but if you can survive the first few rounds it's not a problem.

And he/worthy is fine even against boosted brb.  Same with gritty/bishop.
  • Jacklag
    edited January 2020
    I do. With my own Beta Ray Bill. I assume you mean 5* Carnage? I actually hunt for teams including a 5* Carnage, they just keep making an infinite number of 1 damage attacks every turn, producing more and more of my protect tiles.

My usual team is Hela, BRB and 5* Thor below 50% from the start. Hela tanks Red and Black, BRB tanks everything else so Thor takes no damage. BRB grants everyone near invulnerability, Hela replaces enemies Special Tiles and Thor generates AP for everyone.

EDIT: I don't have a very good Prowler, but with another BRB, I imagine he would be excelent too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    BRB and Carbage can flood the board pretty fast with nonsense, I usually see that team with Kitty between them in Pick-3 and it's non-trivial to beat if you don't have the right counters. You basically have to stun one, both, or all of them to stop the momentum since BRB gains AP so fast in the background. So if you have a reliable stunner like Bishop or 5* Bobby I'd recommend trying that out.
  • Jacklag
    I fought a BRB+Carnage team during the Dr. Strange event with only my 5* Thor and BRB and it was reeaaaly slow, so now I get what the OP was saying. But at no point I felt at risk of losing, it just felt like the opponent had infinite turns and each turn had infinite attacks.

It might have gone faster if I had used Strange's stun instead of trying to push my way trough. Well, now I know.
  • ycavan
    ycavan Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Kitty + 5* Carnage + Kraven is a good counter. :)  Kitty will keep buffing all of the attack tiles the other Carnage creates & Kraven will deal dmg every turn + reduce enemy special tile values as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been trying more Th4nos based teams now that I have him champed finally, and he is pretty effective at SAP control. In pick-3, wrapping him up with your own Carbage/BRB can be a pretty fun team. Also I'll occasionally use Rescue/BRB/Carbage because Rescue's blue is pretty comical for turning 70% of the board red. It isn't really fast, or even 100% reliable, but it feels cool to do that lol.