Story/PvE - Remove 3 to 4 of the 6 rewards from each node, and make them progression rewards.

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
There is no logical reason as to why we need to 4-clear every node at the start of a Sub, then 3-clear them again at the end of the Sub, in order to be a competitive player.

There's also no logical reason why there should be 6 rewards on each node (4 on Wave nodes).

So, MASSIVE quality of life suggestion.

Reduce the rewards from 6 per node to 2 to 3 rewards, insert those rewards into the progression reward table, and adjust the points each node is worth so we can hit full progression by hitting each node just 2 to 3 times.

The 24-hour timer for the nodes' points to reset can begin after the first or maybe the second hit of each node, with the points dropping to 0 after the third hit.

I normally play CL9 where my clears take from 20-30 minutes, depending on how lazy I'm being. On a good day, it's under 20 minutes and I'm fighting with some of you for the top spot.

I just finished my initial clears in CL10 and that took an hour. I like the rewards for CL10 but I almost never play it because I hate playing this game for 2+ hours at a time. And yet that's what is required if I'm playing at the top level.

My Alliance has lost 5-6 of our best players in the past year, with several of them quitting after the release of CL10.

If you were to remove or at least reduce the grind, we might be able to enjoy playing the game at a high level, and maybe there would be fewer top players quitting.

Comments

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Indeed, grind time reduction is my biggest wish for MPQ, almost since day 1.
    It's the sole reason I've taken breaks from competitive play, and been tempted to quit on occasion.

It's almost certainly the reason that I will ultimately stop playing.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    Options
    And now in Unstable Iso-8 it's 12 prizes per node.

12 prizes...per...node.

Apparently the points still reset on the 4th clear, but 12 prizes per node.

That's the exact opposite of what I was proposing.

This is MORE Grind, not less.

edit I've seen mention that this may be a mistake and that someone, somehow, added the current event's rewards to the nodes instead of replacing the default rewards, so now we have the default Unstable Iso-8 rewards plus the current event's rewards.

If so, will this be hot-fixed for Sub 2?

If so, how might this affect the 5.x players who often don't start Sub 1 until after 1.x players are on Sub 2?