That "god-like" buff of a new 5*

Options
PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
So, I got 7 Apoc covers.  He's still new.  He has that extreme buff on him for being new.

I have a couple meta 5*s champed (under level 460).

Query:  Is it worthy pouring the ISO in to Apoc (or ANY new 5* with the extreme buff) when they have 7 covers?

I ask because I know they are super strong at this point, and 7 covers in a 5*, with the buff, might be worth it?

Also, I'm NOT POST ISO.  I have 2 4*s (not limited) left to champ, and plenty of 5*s that need ISO, but aren't champable.  I have approx 200k iso.

So I'm curious what the threshold is, and what the popular opinion of our vets is.  Thank you.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even after the god boost ends, he will be the 5E in approx 4 more events, at least.  IMO it is worth putting iso into 5s that are featured in PVE to leverage them as much as possible as well as to keep them alive in harder SCL's 5Es.

Assuming you have champed 5s already, I think it's worth putting iso into him for that purpose at least.

(Caveat:  You may not want to level Hulk too high to keep him from tanking too much as a 5E.)

Of course, you probably eventually want him champed anyway so it's not like you would regret leveling him (vs, say, Iron Man where you might wish you'd saved the iso).
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the buff that would be level 450? I would probably do it if you got a lot of yellows. Who's your alternative for leveling up?
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    shardwick said:
    With the buff that would be level 450? I would probably do it if you got a lot of yellows. Who's your alternative for leveling up?
    Well, I was gonna save my ISO, and spend it on the next 4*, just for champ resources.

OR... I could champ 5* Thor when I get about 350k (note... i have NO saved covers for Thor, so no rewards would come from it... PLUS... I dont' have a champable Okoye).

So, I have options... but the ability to have fun with Apoc while he's super-strong is tempting.  I don't have a champed BRB either, but I have enough covers that him, with a champed Kitty, is devastating enough.  Figured maybe Apoc could make this even more fun.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd say go for it. More iso will eventually come, and this will very likely give you more fun than yet one more champed 4*. 
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've done exactly this, and have done some pvp climb with a 6-cover Apoc (level 435 boosted).  It was fun to try him out with different teams and see what he will be like when I later get him champed.

I have many many more 4* still to champ, the iso spent here is just another blip in the road.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Cool.  Thanks for the advice.  I did just that... pulled the trigger.  Yeah.  he's kinda fun with my partially-covered BRB.  And that was just in pick-2 PVP (Wiccan)... which, btw, with Wiccan's green, and an enemy BRB blue tile out there... IT TOOK FOREVER TO STOP!!  

Anyways, I thought it was funny.  Sure, the enemy team got lots more blue/green AP, but the humor value was worth it, IMO.  My team also had BRB so I was going through the same thing.  Not bad, honestly.  So many protects got destroyed then created, that I definitely had protects left for Apoc to destroy.  Fun stuff.