"Oh my god, they killed Kenny!"

Options
TheHunter
TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
Has Kenrith's Transformation been nerfed? It just turned a stack of green elementals into a tame 3/3 little beastie, not the raging 27/27 monster I was expecting.

I've looked through the patch notes and searched on here but can't see anything.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aw man. I guess that means Taranika was designed to suck. 😔
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Of to test that Harmonious Archon is still working (it should since it says base P/T), but you never know with MTGPQ.

Edit: It still works as written.
  • TheHunter
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Of to test that Harmonious Archon is still working (it should since it says base P/T), but you never know with MTGPQ.

Edit: It still works as written.
    Good point, since there are so many unexpected and weird interactions, so I've just tested Kenrith on Human tokens, and the same has happened - a stack turns into a 3/3 creature instead of the previous 3/3 per reinforcement.

Now I wonder @Oktagon_Support has the card been nerfed, or is this an accidental knock-on from new mechanics/changes in the latest release?
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think this is an important change and should have been communicated when it was changed.
  • jtwood
    Options

• jtwood
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Looks like they put an entry in the 'Fixed in Upcoming Build' of the Bug List

---Kenrith's Transformation is affecting the current P/T

---Discussion Threads: Which Card is Bugged? Which One is WAD?

Based on their bolded text, it sounds like they decided Kenrith's Transformation was bugged
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just I have just tested the Archon in 4.3.1. and it still works as written.
  • Bubbles_CS
    Options
    Thanks for pointing to the discussion! I was aware it was being reviewed as a possible bug but I didn’t know that a decision was made. I do agree with the change, but it didn’t appear in the bug fix list in the 4.3 prerelease notes which is the specific communication I was referring to.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Such a shame..... 
  • jtwood
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Such a shame..... 
    I agree. I thought it was a fun interaction, and I was hoping that cards like Taranika would get brought in line with Kenrith's Transformation. She had all of the makings of a good card. She had vigiliance so that her "next creature" ability wouldn't get wasted if she was last in the creature stack. Then they went and put in some crazy ability that makes the next creature worse. Heartbreaking.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you so much for all the feedback and participation on the Forum!
    It was my fault missing to add the Kenrith's fix on the Release Notes. It totally went through without me noticing.  :s 
    I'm truly sorry!!!!
    Actually, Kenrith's Transformation was not working as designed. It should only alter the creature's current power and toughness (working as an alternative removal), instead of base PT since it's a just common card. 
    Taranika, on the other hand, will be buffed in the M21 release, to work affecting the creature's base stats.

Thank you so much for your patience with me and, once again, I'm so sorry!!!  <3
    Marcela
  • jtwood
    Options
    Whoa. Thanks for the update!
  • Bubbles_CS
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    It was my fault missing to add the Kenrith's fix on the Release Notes. It totally went through without me noticing.  :s 
    I'm truly sorry!!!!
    Actually, Kenrith's Transformation was not working as designed. It should only alter the creature's current power and toughness (working as an alternative removal), instead of base PT since it's a just common card. 
    Taranika, on the other hand, will be buffed in the M21 release, to work affecting the creature's base stats.

Thank you so much for your patience with me and, once again, I'm so sorry!!!  <3
    Marcela
    Mistakes happen. Thanks for clarifying!
  • TheHunter
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm truly sorry!!!!

Marcela
    Thank you Marcela!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!"

You TINYKITTIES!