Avacyn's Madness - Summon no creatures with Lifelink objective bugged [Fix in 4.4]

Machine
Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor

Avacyn's Madness - Watcher in the Web node where one of the secondary objectives is to NOT summon any creatures with Lifelink.

Token creatures with Lifelink used to be ok, in the past, but now they count. I can understand that, but the major issue here is that for some reason, the event counted 1 creature with Lifelink, even though I didn't have any in my deck nor did I use any cards that were able to produce creature tokens with Lifelink.

I think the following happened: All my creatures on the board died, either by my own doing (because another secondary objective is to sacrifice x or more creatures) or by the spider's To The Slaughter. I had already have a Cartouch of Ambition on the field, to make sure I don't die to Razaketh's ability. I have Razaketh and Cartouche of Ambition in my deck.  The next creature that hits the board, gets the Lifelink evergreen from Cartouch of Ambition. That's the only situation I can imagine the game sees as summoning a creature with Lifelink.

Please investigate and fix. Another 3 points lost due to this **** game.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for the report. I'll relay this to the team for review. 
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    I encountered something similar.  I cast Olivia, Mobilized for War, which is a creature that doesn't have lifelink, but grants itself (and any other creature played after) lifelink if you are able to discard a card.  I played an Olivia and one creature after it, both gaining lifelink, and the game counted me as having played two creatures with lifelink.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    And we are still getting reports of this @Oktagon_Support
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Token creatures with lifelink should be ok because you are summoning them. 

They should count against the objective, tokens are summoned. 

There are some reports that regular tokens are being counted, though also some reports that they are being given lifelink on ETB, not sure about this and whether it would count. Further testing is needed and it's a gray area, technically those tokens don't have lifelink on their own so they shouldn't count, the effect gives them lifelink. 
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    This issue is simple to reproduce because any ability that adds lifelink to a creature makes it count against the objective. This includes supports like Shwdowspear or Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord, too
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is again under investigation.

Thank you for the feedback,
    Marcela.