Startled Awake soft-lock [Can't reproduce]

Options
Alanako
Alanako Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
Today I have a soft-lock when the flipped side of Startled Awake tried to return to opponent hand. Hand was full so he died, but after the effect of damage and resistence going to 0, the game froze. His hand was full and all cards have full mana. The creature was not reinforced or buffed. It was the second Startled Awake he plays. The first time it died OK, but the second time no. Only difference was thar the first time not all cards in his hand have full mana

/edited title  - Daiane

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Alanako
    This issue persists after the update? 

Thank you.
  • Alanako
    Alanako Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It was after the update. Version 3.2
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Oktagon_Support this issue hasn't been resolved multiple people reporting crashes when it's flip side is destroyed

Options

Sorry about the delay and thank you for your feedback!
    I will check what's happening with this investigation.

Thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.

• Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support any update on the SA issue? I have lost over 6 matches in Emergency Ordinances this weekend due to replacing\swapping\killing the flip side of Startled Awake. Angrath just killed the Nightmare and it left the board and the game proceeded to lock.
  • ainuhirath
    ainuhirath Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just adding another variant if that helps isolate the issue: in this weekend's coalition event, I replaced flipped SA with a  cast creature (already had 3 creatures on the board). Only had 2 cards in hand.

Same result - locked up the game, no recourae but to close and retart app.

Options
    Couldn't reproduce it.
  • Julie71
    Options
    It must be flipped. @Oktagon_Support and the flipped side either destroyed, bounced or exiled startled awake will not crash but it's flipped side will. I have screenshot that Bianca probably already has.
  • Julie71
    Options
    Persistent nightmare is it's flipped side
  • Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I have also had soft locks happen recently in multiple events with SA/PN. In one case I had both Started Awake and Persistent Nightmare in play at the same time.  I believe I was trying to replace Persistent Nightmare with another creature.  In another event I had just SA out with 2 other creatures and it was trying to flip. n In each of these events I was able to make a soft lock occur multiple times.
    Options
    Guys,
    Thank you so much for giving more information, this issue is under investigation again!
    Options
    Still couldn't reproduce it.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support It hasn't been too bad lately. I will start recording my SA games and intentionally replace it when it is flipped to Persistent Nightmare. If nothing else I would be able to provide video evidence of the occurrence if desired. I will reply if/when I have this data for you.
  • Julie71
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support still on active bug you must return the flip side of startled back to opponents hand.   of needed I can try to get a video