Doppelganger/beacon bolt in graveyard does not get mana from exiled card copies with mana [Investig]

Arklight
Arklight Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Weakens Thousand Year Storm decks 
Tagged:

Comments

• JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Are you talking about Lazav, The Multifarious?

Copies generated by Lazav, when exiled from hand, do NOT charge beacon bolts in the graveyard.

Even with the change to "COPY" clause, the act of exiling from hand (before the copy is removed from the game) should trigger "Jump-Start"
  • Arklight
    JamesGam said:

Copies generated by Lazav, when exiled from hand, do NOT charge beacon bolts in the graveyard.

Even with the change to "COPY" clause, the act of exiling from hand (before the copy is removed from the game) should trigger "Jump-Start"
    I realized I didn't say "copied" cards. Copied cards with mana did charge jumpstart cards before Ikoira
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Arklight said:
    JamesGam said:

I realized I didn't say "copied" cards. Copied cards with mana did charge jumpstart cards before Ikoira
    Yes, it did. 

Sorry my comment was a little confusing. I meant:

The bug is: Copies generated by Lazav, when exiled from hand, do NOT charge beacon bolts in the graveyard. **it may be all copy cards; confirmation needed**

How it should be: 
  • Arklight
    JamesGam said:
    Arklight said:
    JamesGam said:

Yes, it did. 

Sorry my comment was a little confusing. I meant:

The bug is: Copies generated by Lazav, when exiled from hand, do NOT charge beacon bolts in the graveyard. **it may be all copy cards; confirmation needed**

How it should be: Even with the change to "COPY" clause, the act of exiling from hand (before the copy is removed from the game) should trigger "Jump-Start"
    Right. As of now only exiling non-copy cards charge my jumpstart cards in the graveyard. I have seen this with Thousand Year Storm with Doppelganger/Beacon Bolt. I don't have Lazav, but using him would follow the bug's pattern. 
  • Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I can confirm that copies made by Lazav do not fill Beacon Bolt with mana in the graveyard any more.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue is now under investigation.

Thank you for the feedback,
    Marcela.