My Mana is Being Given to my Opponent [Couldn't Reproduce]

2»

Comments

• Pirhotek
    Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Avoid making any matches on the resilient gem of your opponent.  At least it goes both ways with matches he makes on my resilient gem making his mana go to me.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    naabaldan said:
    I can confirm and provide a video regarding this issue. Matching the opponents permant switches mana gain traget to opponent and back to player while cassacding mana orbs. Best reporduced with Rishkar's Expertise, Hour of Promise and Nissa's renewal..
    I think naabaldan may have the point. I believe it happens when a cascade matches the permanent several times. First permanent match gives mana to me (as it should be), and then if cascade happens to hit the permanent again, mana goes to opponent. Not sure what happens when it is hit third time, however I could believe it switches every time, as you said.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Brand spanking new event with perma supports both sides = yep chaos.

its all well and good knowing the cause but in practice sometimes you can’t avoid matching Greg’s support.

My first match out in Hunter-x and I see the only available match includes his support. Look above it and yep I’m gonna cascade. I very kindly filled up Greg’s GR for him and am then playing catch up. (I won but shouldn’t have been that pressured by an unavoidable bug)
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    Well well @Oktagon_Support I just lost my 100% record on Hunter X Bonder due to a massive set of cascade mana going to my opponent over three turns, which left me in an unrecoverable position. I'm now on 110 pts and that should have been 120pts.

I know you're a small group and you have a lot of reported issues to deal with, but this HAS to be the number one job on your to-do list, right? It was reported at the start of April, you marked it as under investigation on the 22nd April, and here we are at the end of May with a brand new tournament launched with a bug that has completely broken the game and is awarding matches on a coin toss.

This is such a frustrating problem, please make it your top priority to fix!
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xucachris said:
    Well well @Oktagon_Support I just lost my 100% record on Hunter X Bonder due to a massive set of cascade mana going to my opponent over three turns, which left me in an unrecoverable position. I'm now on 110 pts and that should have been 120pts.

I know you're a small group and you have a lot of reported issues to deal with, but this HAS to be the number one job on your to-do list, right? It was reported at the start of April, you marked it as under investigation on the 22nd April, and here we are at the end of May with a brand new tournament launched with a bug that has completely broken the game and is awarding matches on a coin toss.

This is such a frustrating problem, please make it your top priority to fix!

Ticket. Compensation request. Make sure to screenshot, etc.
    I do this whenever a bug costs me ranking rewards, and they have always been willing to work with me on it.
    That said, I have yet to lose a match or objective to this bug. I haven't seen the "coin flip" complaint. Like so many other bugs in this game, I just adapted and tried to stop matching their permanent supports. It hasn't removed my exposure to this bug completely, but it cut it down dramatically and got me out of coin-flip territory.
  • TheHunter
    Ticket. Compensation request. Make sure to screenshot, etc.
    I do this whenever a bug costs me ranking rewards, and they have always been willing to work with me on it.
    That said, I have yet to lose a match or objective to this bug. I haven't seen the "coin flip" complaint. Like so many other bugs in this game, I just adapted and tried to stop matching their permanent supports. It hasn't removed my exposure to this bug completely, but it cut it down dramatically and got me out of coin-flip territory.
    A bit late to screenshot this now. 
    I see no reason why I should just accept this and adapt my game to try not to match near a permanent support gem. A lot of players are in my position of not having every card, not being able to build every trick super-deck, so need the game to play fair. This bug has been known for long enough.
  • jtwood

Xucachris said:
    A lot of players are in my position of not having every card, not being able to build every trick super-deck, so need the game to play fair.
    Man, that's just never going to happen. They are definitely improving the state of this game, but it is always going to have bugs that force us to change how we play. On our Discord, we love to routinely joke that the "puzzle" portion of this game is figuring out what's broken every day and how to work around the newest problems. Among the most senior and experienced players, I always see conversations about what bugs are in play for an event before it starts. They discuss risk-mitigation strategies and how to avoid spreading bugs to other players in PvP events. Basically, bugs are in the game. Yes, I want them fixed, but until they are fixed, you have to plan a way - any way - to just deal with them. And if they still come up and ding you, then submit a ticket for compensation.
    Regarding the screenshots for tickets, I missed doing that the first times I lost rank due to bugs, too. But I was told by someone else to start doing it, I made that mental note, and I've been doing it since with great success. Now, I'm doing the same for you. Sorry you won't be able to get compensation for this event, but let's be honest: This event is the event to miss individual rank rewards, because the individual rank rewards are so god awful. Hopefully, you don't have issues that cost you rank in the future. But if you do, now you know how to stop worrying that it cost you rewards.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi guys,

Check out the new update here.
  • TheHunter
    Thank you @Oktagon_Support !!!!!
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support sorry, but I've seen it happen three times today in RtO. I'm not 100% sure if it's still linkedo the permanent supports, but it does look so.
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I had it happen, but it depends on who owns the support. I think all matches after your opponent’s perma-support is matched will give mana to them, and vice versa.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I can also confirm that the problem remains and that it is related to matching permanents.
    Hi guys,

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the bug coming back in different ways.
    Our team is already rechecking this!

Thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    This is still happening! If my Sundering Titan dies during my opponent's turn and gems are destroyed and any matches are made, the mana goes to my opponent. Still the same with Avaracious Dragon and drawing cards on my opponent's turn; the gems are destroyed, matches are made, and the many goes to the opponent. It's September! Why is this still a problem?
  • jtwood
    This is still happening! If my Sundering Titan dies during my opponent's turn and gems are destroyed and any matches are made, the mana goes to my opponent. Still the same with Avaracious Dragon and drawing cards on my opponent's turn; the gems are destroyed, matches are made, and the many goes to the opponent. It's September! Why is this still a problem?
    Hopefully, they see this feedback and address the issue.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happened to me multiple times in the Face the Hydra event, from mana gained from gem conversion cards.  

In order to help us, please provide the following information (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    I don't have a battle log, but I just played a match on the bottom node of Zendikar Expeditions - Halimar where this happened.
    PW: Ral (me) vs Koth
    On my side I had Chandra, Flamecaller vanguard in play and Avaricious Dragon in play. At the end of Greg's turn the vanguard discards all my cards w/o mana then draws 3 cards. On each draw Avaricious Dragon destroys 3 gems. All of the mana from gem cascades went to Greg instead of me. Still trying to reproduce but looks like the game is down now.
  • jtwood
    @Oktagon_Support I finally got this godforsaken bug on video. Not because it’s hard to reproduce, mind you...

https://i.imgur.com/Wj8ksRn.mp4
  • jtwood
    edited January 2021
    jtwood said:
    @Oktagon_Support I finally got this godforsaken bug on video. Not because it’s hard to reproduce, mind you...

https://i.imgur.com/Wj8ksRn.mp4
     @Oktagon_Support Bumping this to make sure it was noted for the bug