Release Notes 4.3 *UPDATE 06/17/2020

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion

New Content

The new collection From the Vault: Torment (TOR) is coming soon. Take a look at the Card Gallery HERE. New Full Art cards and more!

• New Collection: From the Vault: Torment (TOR)

• 64 New Cards

• New Full Art Cards (IKO)

• 36 New Cards

Changes

• Event: Seize the Day 

• New Rewards: Included TOR Boosters

• New Set Permission: Included TOR in the place of M19

• Spell Card Stratus Walk (ORI) Text Change. To better match with the effect of the card the description changed from: 

"Draw 1 card. Give a creature Flying."

to

“Target creature gains Flying. Then, draw a card.”

• Former Exclusive Cards (ODY): Cabal Patriarch, Kamahl, Pit Fighter, and Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor added to Boosters (ODY only)

• Invite/Code Section has been removed from the Menu. The Exclusive Cards that were available via “Invite Code” will be sent as a gift to all players. These cards are Cowl Prowler, Wayward Giant, and Ghirapur Orrery

• To all players that had already installed the game before the 4.3 version: Watch out for these cards in your inbox next week (6/8/2020 - 6/12/2020)

• All new players who installed the game for the first time, starting with the 4.3 version, will receive these cards as a free gift during the first week of play.
    • Multicolored Icon changed from:
to 

Bug Fixes

• Fixed some minor text issues.

• Fixed an issue where Folio of Fancies was not triggering when the opponent draws a card.

• Fixed a minor issue with Renata, Called to the Hunt, where its Power would decrease to 0 for a second at the end of turn.

• Fixed an issue where Hall of Heliod's Generosity wouldn't return to hand with full mana if you had Tymaret, Chosen from Death destroyed on the field.

• Fixed an issue where the Adamant ability of Cauldron's Gift was not being triggered if the second ability could not be triggered while being cast.

• Fixed an issue where both players' Vanguard supports would lose 2 shields at the end of the turn when Planebound Accomplice was on the battlefield.

• Fixed an issue where the effects from Torbran, Thane of Red, and Fry cards would conflict if happening at the same time.

• Fixed an issue where Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath would only "Gain 3 life and draw a card" if the player had a Land card in hand.

• Fixed an issue where Giant's Skewer's effects would not stop happening after the support was destroyed.

• Fixed a loop between Ritual of the Returned and Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger.

• Fixed an issue where Syr Carah, the Bold was not triggering correctly when the damage was done by its Activate ability.

• Fixed a possible loop between Massacre Girl and Murder Investigation.

• Fixed an issue where Kenrith's Transformation was altering the creature's base PT instead of the creature's current PT.

Card Gallery

Available on Facebook:

From the Vault: Torment (TOR)

Ikoria (IKO) Full Art

(You can access it even if you don’t have a Facebook account.)

Comments

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support
    Thank you for the update! Any news on when IKO vanguards will be released - I had thought they might be coming with this 4.3 update.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    so following the convention the last From the Vault set will be craftable with this new release ?
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    And will the current ODY cards rotate into already accrued Legacy non-dupe packs? @Oktagon_Support
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Ampersand said:
    @Oktagon_Support
    Thank you for the update! Any news on when IKO vanguards will be released - I had thought they might be coming with this 4.3 update.
    "Due to very little Vanguard Cards material in this set, there are no plans for Vanguards for the IKO collection."

so following the convention the last From the Vault set will be craftable with this new release ?
    "For now, similar to the Vanguard Cards, the Cards from the From the Vault series will not be available in Booster Crafting and therefore these cards are available only through the Booster rotations in the Vault."
    And will the current ODY cards rotate into already accrued Legacy non-dupe packs? @Oktagon_Support
    "The From the Vault cards are handled in a similar way as Vanguard cards, they will only be available in their respective Boosters category. Even if it's a Legacy collection."
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    The VIP legacy boosters are looking more and more useless with each announcement
  • Michael_WC
    The VIP legacy boosters are looking more and more useless with each announcement
    Agreed, for those nearing complete collections or who already have them.....there isn't much more incentive to keep VIP around.
  • Michael_WC
    "The From the Vault cards are handled in a similar way as Vanguard cards, they will only be available in their respective Boosters category. Even if it's a Legacy collection."
    Thanks for the clarifications @Oktagon_Support. One last question, currently there are Exclusive Rares for ODY, that are not in the ODY boosters. Will these be rotating into the boosters along with the Mythics mentioned above?
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I like vanguards so it is a little disappointing not to have some for Ikoria. But it seems to me that the vanguards are related to the PWs released for a new set, so on the contrary there are plenty of new materials for vanguards. Especially a white red blue Narset vanguard that would have been wonderful. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Please let torment be standard, it looks like too much fun to waste away in legacy... 

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I wish both Odyssey and Torment would become Standard enabled (but not added to the actual amount of Standard sets because of rotations) in this game. They fit quite well, more than just in Legacy.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @ArielSira - I think Octagon has another intend with these legacy-only sets. They seem to me to be focused on making it easier for newer players to get good legacy cards so they can contend in more events. Players with large collections are not the target, but of course those with a collection addiction are also in scope.
  • Ypgi
    Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    You should make this new policy clear in the VIP Subscription FAQs. I was expecting to be able to use VIP Legacy boosters to get ODY cards once the new set came out.

ODY is not in Standard, so logically it should be in Legacy, no?
  • Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I always assumed that this would be the case for the From the Vault collections. They did not have the mana crystals discount when released, and I then viewed it similarly to the Duel Deck event collections.
    A little more clarity upon release would save some players from future headaches, it sounds like. Players should be able to make informed decisions about what they purchase.

I tend to err on the side of caution with any unknowns pertaining to new releases, especially when it comes to how I spend money on the game. I doubt I can keep up a full Standard collection forever, (especially with the frequency of new sets being added, & booster crafting delay) so eventually I’ll have unobtained cards going into Legacy again, two rotations from now. 

It is up to each player to analyze long term and decide what resources might just be useless for a while (especially those with near full collections, unless you whaled the whole way, strategy was already involved).

I weighed the decision last time I bought VIP, and decided I was ok with having some VIP Legacy packs for down the road. More information about ALL releases will always be praised, but it needs to be stated clearly.
    There have been times where official statements, previously thought to be true, were claimed to have been an error or confusing wording. That is what makes me cautious. I believe most info we get is valid, however sometimes there have been unexpected switcheroos that shake the community. 
    UPDATED (06/02/2020)
    • Invite/Code Section has been removed from the Menu. The Exclusive Cards that were available via “Invite Code” will be sent as a gift to all players. These cards are Cowl ProwlerWayward Giant, and Ghirapur Orrery

• To all players that had already installed the game before the 4.3 version: Watch out for these cards in your inbox next week (6/8/2020 - 6/12/2020)

• All new players who installed the game for the first time, starting with the 4.3 version, will receive these cards as a free gift during the first week of play.
  • coldity
    coldity Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Is it intended, that the Premium Packs of the most recent set, i.e. Ikoria does NOT come along with a bonus rare anymore?! @Oktagon_Support

At least, IKO PPs don't show up with the usual indication in my vault, while all Premium Packs of other sets still have it.

The 4.3. (Pre)release notes didn't mentioned this "change" though...
    Thanks for clearing this up...
    Hello @coldity,
    Thank you so much for the heads up!
    My team was testing the Premium Pack and the bonus rare card is there, you receive it.
    The text is missing, but we already warned the responsible team so they to fix it.

Thank you so much  ;)
    Marcela

• greenmeanie
    greenmeanie Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    @Oktagon_Support I thought we suppose to get the exclusive cards from the invite code.  I watched all wevery day from  6-8 to 6-12 but never received them.
    Hello @greenmeanie
    We apologize for the delay!
    Could you check for the cards in your inbox again?

Thank you for your patience,
    Marcela.