IceIX, can you comment about the point bug in venom hero

I am sure you guys are aware of the situation. I'm just curious what the plan is going forward.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
    At the moment, I can't comment as naturally it hasn't been discussed much over a weekend. However, yes, we're aware of how things have been turning out in this Heroic.
  • so it's not just some masochist then that was grinding out on that first repeatable mission to push our brackets all to 300 pts per quest icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX
    Catalyst wrote:
    so it's not just some masochist then that was grinding out on that first repeatable mission to push our brackets all to 300 pts per quest icon_razz.gif
    Nope. The ramp up like you saw was intentional. The "and now everything is 300 unless you're at #1, then it's 5", not so much.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nope. The ramp up like you saw was intentional. The "and now everything is 300 unless you're at #1, then it's 5", not so much.

Do you plan to fix it mid-tournament? Or this Heroic will be left as it is and next one will be fixed?
  • IceIX
    Shikao wrote:
    Do you plan to fix it mid-tournament? Or this Heroic will be left as it is and next one will be fixed?
    More likely the latter than the former, but I wouldn't rule out a server side change. The coding for Heroics is about half server half client at the moment, so a server side fix may not be doable. We're slowly transitioning to having all events server-side so that we can do mid-stream changes like that more easily if needed.
  • And I just want to step in and say thank you for commenting on this. Bugs happen.
  • Thanks for letting us know.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Thanks for the response. Being first at the first reset, then dropping further down even as I complete all levels available is infuriating. That's a 500 HP swing if I finish outside of the first two slots. Tournament rules that allow me to be first after the only section of the event with repeatable missions, then falling further and further down afterwards when there are no repeatables, are very broken and frustrating. Especially since there's nothing I can do about it, as it made it literally impossible to stay in first.
  • If there's any way to just fix the point drop off for being in first, that would make things a lot less annoying.
  • Misguided wrote:
    If there's any way to just fix the point drop off for being in first, that would make things a lot less annoying.
    Tbh if they can do that, they'll probably just completely fix it.