Please turn Hixus into an enchantment

2»

Comments

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Hixus was doing what was written on the card, it just had this glaring hole for your creatures to get stuck in. I used to make sure my decks had a fourth creature just in case Hixus was exiled so I could replace the permanently disabled creatures. I am happy with this change because it removes that corner-case gotcha that isn't fun.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor

@FindingHeart8
    They just recently edited it to reactivate your creatures if it gets exiled rather than destroyed. So they are definitely not ignoring the card. 
    Now to fix the stolen creature bug
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Hixus is fine as it is; but, if it needed to be changed they could add "- creature". Ultimately opening up more possibilities. 

The problem isnt Hixus as mich as the severe limitations on so valled "targeted support removal"

Support removal needs a clause added that says "...If you cant destroy a support" to cards that target only artifacts or enchantments. An example is "Natural End". 

Also, they need to cool it on the "non-land" support. mtgpq operates differently hence cards need to accommodate this, not hinder it. After all a land in MTG gives you 1 mana, a land in MTGPQ can give you up to 20. And for the love of all that is good, do not nerf land supports because of this. 

Cards like status/statue, Pharikas Libation, and Mythos of Nethroi are well designed and provide good value, especially the Mythos. 
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Poor Hixus! People like to pick on him so much. How come no one complains about Nissa’s Pilgrimage not being a Land. 😬
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    NickBKK said:
    Poor Hixus! People like to pick on him so much. How come no one complains about Nissa’s Pilgrimage not being a Land. 😬
    Well, technically it's a sorcery. *shrugs*
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    I don't think we should be too hung up about what cards used to be, in MTGPQ, they can be something else (same with the gods)

the actual question is wether it's a good thing that a nasty card like hixus is nigh untouchable (these days, in standard)
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, I can't even remember the last time I lost a game to Hixus. Sure, it can be annoying for a turn or two, but it's not like, say, a right and proper double-Lich's Mastery lock.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    Man, I can't even remember the last time I lost a game to Hixus. Sure, it can be annoying for a turn or two, but it's not like, say, a right and proper double-Lich's Mastery lock.
    I was SO glad to see that card fade to legacy.

Yeah Hixus can turn the tables against you (especially if it gets placed on a corner-gem), but it is only 1 support shield