**** Hellcat (Patsy Walker) ****

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh thank God she's based off the Comic version and not the Netflix one.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    One thing to note is that red says "choose a tile" to destroy the selected row.  That means it should be able to target special tiles (no surprise given the intended synergy with purple), and will avoid being unable to select the row you would like to destroy because it's all specials, as can happen with some other abilities that only target basic tiles.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    With the current season ending in a couple of days and the next starting a few days after that, would she be squeezed into packs during the off season or do we have to wait until the end of the next season?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    With the current season ending in a couple of days and the next starting a few days after that, would she be squeezed into packs during the off season or do we have to wait until the end of the next season?
    If they follow the rules they typically follow, it’ll be 5 weeks from this past Thursday when she enters packs. (The start of the season after this coming one.). This is because her pvp won’t happen before the season ends.  That’s the guide for whether someone enters tokens, or has been. 

4 weeks ago I would have said we won’t see back to back 5s.  So who knows exactly what they’ll do?
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Does the event timing seem weird? The PvP that rewards Hellcat covers/shards ends on the 24th, but the PvE event ends on the 25th. Didn't things usually line up? 
  • Vhailorx
    Apparently, her tile boosting proc's once per repeater tile.  So she can actually boost much faster than Nico.  This is good and makes her markedly better.  She seems like a very solid 4* who might even be worth play in pve for 5* players against special heavy opponents. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    I tried Patch with Hellcat in the 3* node in Shield Training and I think they are a perfect match. I have played about 5 times and I'm getting match-4 about 3 times, a match-5 once and a match-3 once. This means I'm firing her purple for free most of the time. They could be my new anti-Kaecilius team. I will throw in Antman as a third so that I can steal his strike tiles, if it can be stolen. If not, I have to look for someone else.
  • argle_bargle
    I am having a lot of fun in the PvP. Despite her being so low health, she still has plenty of surprises.

I would also like to thank the folks who are also bringing out a 5* + America and helping me grind for wins.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teaming her with Venom (Eddie Brock) is awesome in the 5* node. Practically every match gives you an enemy yellow shield. Put them on the bottom row and get an easy match 4. And since It’s Patsy is a yellow power, you’re practically guaranteed to fire off another It’s Patsy. 

If you don’t feel like matching the bottom row, use Venom’s green power for some board shake. Oh. And since that node is with OML, every power puts red strikes out. Which get boosted by every Its Patsy on the field. 

Things get out of hand amazingly fast. 
  • Vhailorx
    I tried Patch with Hellcat in the 3* node in Shield Training and I think they are a perfect match. I have played about 5 times and I'm getting match-4 about 3 times, a match-5 once and a match-3 once. This means I'm firing her purple for free most of the time. They could be my new anti-Kaecilius team. I will throw in Antman as a third so that I can steal his strike tiles, if it can be stolen. If not, I have to look for someone else.
    Patsy + patch + meatshield will almost certainly destroy kaecilius.
  • HoundofShadow
    I was looking for characters that can clear Enemy special tiles but most of them uses purple, which clash with Hellcat's. The reason is because Kaecilius's strike tiles are placed in a random colour and it will disrupt my match-3 to match-6. Loki crossed my mind because he could steal strike tiles but I thought I go with Antman because his power is cheaper. Loki could be better though.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

It looks pretty similar to her appearance in the Netflix show?

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @HoundofShadow

Even @ level 90, with just a handful of colors, I always bring Sabertooth against the big K. Are his mechanics different in SCL10? Can you damage him normally?
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    No, Kaecilius has the same mechanics at every level.  I think Hound is worried that moving everything to the bottom row won't help because the tiles won't guarantee a match due to being different colours.
  • argle_bargle
    jamesh said:

That was a callback/inside joke about the comic book costume. Luke Cage did a similar thing. (I think Hugh Jackman's Wolverine also made some snark about blue and yellow jumpsuits during one of those movies.)
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    jamesh said:

That was a callback/inside joke about the comic book costume. Luke Cage did a similar thing. (I think Hugh Jackman's Wolverine also made some snark about blue and yellow jumpsuits during one of those movies.)
    Yes,  her wearing the yellow suit was 5 seconds during a changing clothes montage trying to find a costume for fighting crime.  Her actual "costume" is basically just black clothes and a black mask.
  • HoundofShadow
    That's correct. In the 3* node in Shield Training, the opponents' cd tiles were interfering with Hellcat's purple after I fired Patch's green. I found another partner for this team for Kaecilius node: Howard the Duck. So, I have 3 contenders now and I just need to wait until the next PvE that features him to try this out. I can't remember how many strike tiles are needed to take him out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like Hellcat. She isn't going to be replacing anyone I already have around level 300 sadly, but I'd have been really into her as a 4* player. Art is pretty fun too.
  • argle_bargle
    krakenoon said:
    @HoundofShadow

Even @ level 90, with just a handful of colors, I always bring Sabertooth against the big K. Are his mechanics different in SCL10? Can you damage him normally?
    If you hit him with SM2099's Spider Bite, it screws up the calculation that you actually get single points of damage through on matches. I think it also boosts the Weakness damage as well.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

That was the first X-Men, all the way back in 2000 (happy 20th anniversary! 😕😑😞). Right as they're taking off for the final battle, Wolvie quips about the matching black leather outfits, "You guys actually go outside in these things?" To which Cyclops wryly responds, "What would you prefer, yellow spandex?"