Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, I was having so much fun with MPQ before finding this forum and realizing I really shouldn’t. 😜
    I played for six months without sneak peeks, without anything resembling a long-term strategy, really. I was just happy to open the tokens with my kids. 
    And then, I’m happy to have thet tidbits of info this forum provides, I’m happy Boss Events are back, I’m happy I found an active alliance, I’m happy for all the covid freebies and in general I’m quite happy with how the game is balanced.
    Just wanted to bring in some positive comments, but please, feel free to ignore. 😉
    I think anyone who enjoys the game should do so.

The players here are very invested in the game and how it is run.  So we see issues that people who play more casually may not.  We've also been playing for a very long time and seen a lot of different things come and go.

We would not be invested if the game itself wasn't well made and fun to play in general, but there are always areas of improvement in any game.

I hope you continue having fun, and you'll probably better off if you keep your emotional investment at the low end......   ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, I was having so much fun with MPQ before finding this forum and realizing I really shouldn’t. 😜
    I played for six months without sneak peeks, without anything resembling a long-term strategy, really. I was just happy to open the tokens with my kids. 
    And then, I’m happy to have thet tidbits of info this forum provides, I’m happy Boss Events are back, I’m happy I found an active alliance, I’m happy for all the covid freebies and in general I’m quite happy with how the game is balanced.
    Just wanted to bring in some positive comments, but please, feel free to ignore. 😉
    You realise of course how ludicrous your post is, no? As if finding the forum should change how much you enjoy anything? "Oh no, I used to enjoy Ice cream until I learned you could put sprinkles on top".

You may need to go join the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Under the Bridge...
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    @DAZ0273

Aaaaaaggggghhh!  And I fell for it.....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    You realise of course how ludicrous your post is, no? As if finding the forum should change how much you enjoy anything? "Oh no, I used to enjoy Ice cream until I learned you could put sprinkles on top".

You may need to go join the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Under the Bridge...
    When I was a kid my brother would always put sprinkles on his ice cream. So many sprinkles that it was like majority was sprinkles and very little ice cream.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    So my best guess is Hellcat uses her combo to eliminate 8 enemy special tiles quickly ? This would have been a nice 5* power and extremely popular.
    It would be a lot better if it removed them (or stole them) so that Beta Ray Bill's passive wouldn't trigger. But in 4* land it's probably quite good just destroying enemy specials. Especially since that will include CD's and Repeaters.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    RickOShay said:
    So my best guess is Hellcat uses her combo to eliminate 8 enemy special tiles quickly ? This would have been a nice 5* power and extremely popular.
    It would be a lot better if it removed them (or stole them) so that Beta Ray Bill's passive wouldn't trigger. But in 4* land it's probably quite good just destroying enemy specials. Especially since that will include CD's and Repeaters.
    Playing HaT right now, her power would sure come in handy right now...
  • AZRAEL5
    AZRAEL5 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    What is the excuse for not updating Sneak Peek? :/
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @RickOShay

TBF, just moving those tiles to the bottom is useful in it’s own right.

@DarthDeVo

Thank you again for picking up the slack. I just wish they’d start giving you that token and make it official.

@UNC_Samurai

Best use of Morgan Freeman since the True Facts series.
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    AZRAEL5 said:
    The new normal 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess we are flying blind until the June sneak peak 
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    Well, the Hellcat thread revealed that the PVE after MRG is Webbed Wonder.  That takes us up to the 28th when the last PVE of May will run (although one could start Sunday the 31st).  The most likely candidate - the longest-ago run PVE - is.......  Simulator.  🤢 

Which would result in another PVE on 5/31, probably Venom Bomb.

Some Cage (presumably 3Cage) is next, followed by Hellcat's, then some off season thing and we'll be getting into the new season as May closes.  Hard to know what, if any, PVP theme will kick us off.

So:

May 25: Webbed Wonder

May 28: Simulator (probably)

June 1:  Venom Bomb (probably)

----
    May 21:  Cage PVP

May 24:  Cat outta Hell

May 26:  Off-season PVP

May 28:  New season starts
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Well, the Hellcat thread revealed that the PVE after MRG is Webbed Wonder.  That takes us up to the 28th when the last PVE of May will run (although one could start Sunday the 31st).  The most likely candidate - the longest-ago run PVE - is.......  Simulator.  🤢 

Which would result in another PVE on 5/31, probably Venom Bomb.

Some Cage (presumably 3Cage) is next, followed by Hellcat's, then some off season thing and we'll be getting into the new season as May closes.  Hard to know what, if any, PVP theme will kick us off.

So:

May 25: Webbed Wonder

May 28: Simulator (probably)

June 1:  Venom Bomb (probably)

----
    May 21:  Cage PVP

May 24:  Cat outta Hell

May 26:  Off-season PVP

May 28:  New season starts

Yeah but what about the reward changes, new shield training details, etc 

Just seems odd how the Facebook page is being updated more than the forums lately. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I guess if they don't give out false info, they aren't liable to give out free shards
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They always have this in the post:

(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

So, they are not worried about that.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Feliz said:
    AZRAEL5 said:
    The new normal 
    No, Brigby stopped doing it.  We haven’t had one on time and accurate since . 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    They always have this in the post:

(*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

So, they are not worried about that.
    Except they didn't in the Apocalypse post...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, that's a big mistake.