Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards

sneak peek

1a secret look  She took a sneak peek at the birthday presents hidden in the closet.
    2a brief showing  We saw a sneak peek of the movie that will be released next month.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

------

Iron Fist PVP is up in game as a pre-join.....  Cage rewards suggest his PVP is next.  There also seems to be a Defenders theme running through the PVPs, which makes sense given the (apparently) forthcoming new 4*.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    And how about a Sneak Peek update?
    What’s the point? We can’t even be sure if the information they post is accurate anymore. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is "Welcome to SHIELD", SHIELD Training?  I think it is, but I can't remember what they called it in game...
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Is "Welcome to SHIELD", SHIELD Training?  I think it is, but I can't remember what they called it in game...
    Looks like it's revamped. Says it gives shards and tokens for her vault. Not sure about the format though. Given the shorter length, could be more like a "normal" event.
  • bluewolf
    Looks like it's revamped. Says it gives shards and tokens for her vault. Not sure about the format though. Given the shorter length, could be more like a "normal" event.
    It might be a little better to get tokens for the "and Friends" vault vs the new release store which has infinitesimal odds at pulling her anyway.

Also they vault contents have been shaken up, apparently.

• 80 Item Vault
      • 3x 4-Stars
        • 1x Random Hellcat (Patsy Walker) cover
        • 1x Random Carnage (Cletus Kasady) cover
        • 1x Random 4-Star cover
    • 7x Tokens
      • 1x Legendary token
      • 1x Mighty Token
      • 2x Heroic Tokens
      • 3x Beginner Support tokens
    • 6x Iso-8
      • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
      • 2x 2,500 Iso-8
      • 3x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 15x 3-Stars
      • 3x Storm (Mohawk)
      • 12x Random 3-Star covers
    • 49x 2-Stars
      • 10x Daken (Dark Avengers)
      • 39x Random 2-Star covers
    Changes from other vaults:

3 fewer 2's
    6 fewer 3's
    + 6 iso rewards
    + a Mighty and 2 Heroics

Is this a change for all vaults moving forwards?  Or just new releases?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like it's Shield training's replacement. 
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Just for fun, I will guess that the vault changes signal a removal of some of the nice ISO rewards we could get as progression through the event.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fist Bump - Iron Fist Versus Event (5-19-2020)  *New Update*
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Lockjaw - Blue, Shards
    3-Star: Iron Fist- Green, Shards
    2-Star: Captain America - Red
    1-Star: Hawkeye - Red

Placement Rewards:
    5-Star: Archangel - Shards
    4-Star: Luke Cage - Yellow, Shards
    3-Star: Luke Cage - Red, Black, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Red, Yellow, Green

Alliance Placement Rewards:
    3-Star: Luke Cage - Red, Shards
    2-Star: Wolverine - Red, Yellow
  • bluewolf
    Just for fun, I will guess that the vault changes signal a removal of some of the nice ISO rewards we could get as progression through the event.
    I doubt it.  Losing a bunch of 3* covers hurts a bit for me and a lot of others. 3s convert to partial 4s, CP, LTs. Iso does nothing for a lot of players. 

On the other hand, they know a lot of other people need iso more than covers. And no one buys iso, so it’s a way to offer some more, I guess, in a way that drains the resource you do buy (HP).
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    I think the change to the Easy wave node is that they grouped 250 ISO and 500 ISO into the 750 ISO and added the Heroic Token. I'm pretty sure it used to be 250, 500 ISO, Mystery Boost, and Standard token. Anyone can confirm?
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Tony_Foot said:
    Mayo said:

2. With the alliance event finished it is obvious that we were lied and no real revamp has been done and we Just lost resources for the last months...
    How did you lose resources by not having boss events in previous months? You likely gain resources by not having boss events as the rewards are better now in normal events.

As for your comment on shield training, people need to be careful what they complain about. ST was boring, repetitive and awarded one cover, they took it away lots complained and they said they would look at it again. Now look at the rewards, do we really need it back? They have really upped the rate on new four stars that someone like me easily gets 13 covers. My super skrull has 13 and I’ve not placed in the rewards.

I prefer it how it is now than going back to shield training and playing the same battles every month for one cover if they reduce it elsewhere. As covers are much easier now they could make the requirement higher than 10 covers. I think we should forget ST and just get on with how it is now, it’s much better than ST days for me.
    The problem with most answers in the boards are that they are centered on your own needs and experience. I do not care if you are a whale, like grinding endlessly or have spare iso to champ all the covers you can get. That's you alone and probably is not the case of 85% of players. 
    So let me explain myself futher. 
    Everytime an alliance event is on you obviously lose resources from a normal pve but how about those hundreds of alliances which team up to give their weaker players a few covers and chances at a store that maybe they could not reach in their own. You are selfish and think about your progress, if other players so not advance and lose interest you will eventually be playing solo. No fun, no game. 

ST boring? I play from scl8 to scl10 and grinding is the most boring thing unless I am scl10 where I am not time dependan nore need to do the challenge node but lose to much time and only play for progress rewards. Unless you swim in iso good luck with champing all the 4*s and 5*s released at this rate, even so, again is your selfish case and not neccessary the same for all players. ST was better because moderated the rate of adquiriring covers and even if you did not finish it you got iso and other resources that are needed for steady progress.

Finally it amazes me how can you qualify  alliance and st events as boring repetitive when all the pve relies on being repetitive and fast which puts a lot of stress for non corporate / comitted players. And if you also play pvp (which I guess is also source of your covers) it is always attacking almost the same people in your slice and as you progress you start getting hit by 550s when you only have 460 characters (this system is also way broken). 

If you read my contributions to the boards I rarely take myself as example to ask for things that would directly benefit me but things that could add fun and longevity to the game, at least until i burnout as some other ex players that left the game. 

Cheers! 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    So my best guess is Hellcat uses her combo to eliminate 8 enemy special tiles quickly ? This would have been a nice 5* power and extremely popular.
  • bluewolf
    I'm not sure the devs are still communicating with us but what's up with the tokens and rewards for waves?  There are different rewards for HAT than we've historically seen.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82407/possible-wrong-token-in-teeth-and-tentacles#latest

Is this an intended design change or an error?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @bluewolf

If we’re getting worse rewards, you can bet it’s intentional.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I agree, at the beginning of the year I had a plethora of ISO, 2M plus.  Today I’m broke ! 
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:

Genuinely surprised we are now lacking an update on Wednesday of a new release. Potential revamp of SHIELD training should be a MASSIVE deal as one of the only new things we have had.

The Devs have working from home set up, so not sure what the issue could be? I have been working from home for 2 months now and not a single email has gone unanswered. I suspect this isn't a Coronavirus thing...
    The buy clubs are humming along.  No need to post about stuff like new (worse) vault contents, new (worse) node rewards, new (mediocre) 4s and how you do or don’t get covers for them. 
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I remember from many years ago that the owner of the studio was reported to have said that communication with players was a waste of time. I don't how to dig that up again, but maybe the better days were only because of the change of ownership to Sega, and now we're back to how this joker thinks you should run a gaming company.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point the absurdity of it all is just funny to me. On the verge of a new 4* being released and nothing official has been announced on the forum about Hellcat. In-game bug that increased the chances of pulling 5*s in the Apocalypse store? Didn't take them long to fix it at all. I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again, if something hurts players then you get nothing but radio silence and if it helps players then it doesn't take them long to nerf it or fix the bug.