Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Looks like they jumped back a week on the DDQ, the rest looks accurate though . 
    Yeah... not sure exactly what's up with Dat Required Character changing. I went ahead and updated that section. So far, the first day of Behemoth Burrito is correct. I guess we'll have to wait and see on the rest. 
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Thanks yet again Darth, you are the best at updating us atm. Would be nice to at least get last minute updates officially instead of after-the-fact updates. Obviously D3go has an outbreak of Sleepona at the moment.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Yelena is now in Latest Legends.

Mister Sinister is now in Classics. 

We should expect Apocalypse to replace Havok in Latest 2 weeks from today, unless something changes. 
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Also, we should be getting a new character release this week. Supposedly a 4* (had better be lol). 

Dev's had mentioned a revised SHIELD Training to be ready soon, do we think it will be in place for the release this week?
    @IceIX
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Did they say that it will be shield training? It would be nice to have them back.  The exact quote would be "And keep an eye out for upcoming training opportunities", unless they mentioned it elsewhere. What if it's Support Circuit instead, seeing how they allocated time for Support UI. I think I would choose Support Circuit over Shield Training.  :p
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    1. Why there was no change in 4* latest? No more worthy captain please! 
    2. With the alliance event finished it is obvious that we were lied and no real revamp has been done and we Just lost resources for the last months, not having any expectations for new and revised shield trainning. It will be a long while for me to buy a stark salary to support this game again. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mayo said:
    1. Why there was no change in 4* latest? No more worthy captain please! 
    2. With the alliance event finished it is obvious that we were lied and no real revamp has been done and we Just lost resources for the last months, not having any expectations for new and revised shield trainning. It will be a long while for me to buy a stark salary to support this game again. 
    1. That's literally just artwork. The contents of the token don't change, Worthy Cap is just put there because he is popular and iconic.

2. They didn't lie. They never said they were doing a revamp. That's what the forums assumed, because it was the only explanation we had for boss events disappearing in the first place. There's plenty to be unhappy with in this game without making up things. (still totally above board to be unhappy that they stopped running boss events in the first place, and that they never communicated with us what was going on in regards to revamping their rewards, which could have prevented people being disappointed in the first place)
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    1. Too many 4*s have passed since worthy entered latest. Do not remember any other 4* remanining so much time. Worthy is cheap, i prefer Karnak. 

2. I feel cheated because alliance events were taken and when returned the rewards where decreased. So if no real modification was going to be implemented why take them away? Every player has lost resources, beginners and intermediate players could have advanced a bit more with the additional covers they would have gotten from the alliance team work. Alliance events are fun, gave breathtime from doing pve grinding and gave a little more social integración to alliance.

I really don't expect much for the 'new' shield trainning. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Has anyone gotten the full details of what was lost and what was gained in alliance event? I know that HP has been reduced by 20 and 3* covers increased by 1XX shards. If this is the only two changes made, I hardly call it a decrease in rewards. 20 HP can't even buy you any shards in Shards Store. 35 HP for 20 3* Shards.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    One other weird change: the easy survival node in the "I Have a Plan" sub of Honor Among Thieves gave out a heroic token rather than an event token.  Is that going to be the new normal?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mayo said:

2. With the alliance event finished it is obvious that we were lied and no real revamp has been done and we Just lost resources for the last months...
    How did you lose resources by not having boss events in previous months? You likely gain resources by not having boss events as the rewards are better now in normal events.

As for your comment on shield training, people need to be careful what they complain about. ST was boring, repetitive and awarded one cover, they took it away lots complained and they said they would look at it again. Now look at the rewards, do we really need it back? They have really upped the rate on new four stars that someone like me easily gets 13 covers. My super skrull has 13 and I’ve not placed in the rewards.

I prefer it how it is now than going back to shield training and playing the same battles every month for one cover if they reduce it elsewhere. As covers are much easier now they could make the requirement higher than 10 covers. I think we should forget ST and just get on with how it is now, it’s much better than ST days for me.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mayo said:
    1. Too many 4*s have passed since worthy entered latest. Do not remember any other 4* remanining so much time. Worthy is cheap, i prefer Karnak. 
    I don't understand your argument.

It's art. How many 4's have come out since Worthy has nothing to do with anything. How long other 4's remained on that page has nothing to do with anything. Even whether or not people prefer other characters has nothing to do with it.

It's art. It's meant to advertise, and make the Latest Legends packs look exciting. Captain America with Mjolnir does that. It has nothing to do with how good they are in the game, it's all about being popular and recognizable. Until someone else comes along that draws a lot of attention, there's no reason to change it. Especially since it has zero impact on gameplay.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shield Training is the only pressure I have on covering 4*s (need them at 10 ASAP to qualify), and somewhat ironically I guess, now that it's gone, I have been comfortably hitting 13 covers on new 4* releases without playing any harder than I otherwise would into progression. This I feel is partially due to the release rate on those slowing down with the 5/4/5/4 pattern (which obviously moves that coverage pressure up a tier to the 5* releases), and Adding 2x more covers worth of shards into PVP when they are the featured reward. So I've got fully covered with saved covers and shard covers backed up Maria Hill and Super Skrull, but my Wolfsbane is still 5/3/2 due to dilution. I miss the easy rewards from Shield Training, but evidence would indicate I don't "need" it to cover 4*s as they release anymore.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    One other weird change: the easy survival node in the "I Have a Plan" sub of Honor Among Thieves gave out a heroic token rather than an event token.  Is that going to be the new normal?
    Which SCL are you in?  I didn't look at my rewards or notice.  I played in SCL9, Slice 1 and there's no wave in sub 2.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    I'm overflowing with new 4* shards and covers and I don't have the iso-8 to champ them. So much 4* goodness but not enough iso-8 to savour them.  :/

The changes to the quantity of 4* rewards allowed more players to champ a new released 4*  before its Shield Training ends. This means they were able to finish the last node and get the LT. This is how big the improvement to getting 4* covers/shards is. I don't know how they are going to make Shield Training more attractive for players who can easily champ a newly released 4*. I'd rather they bring back Support Circuit Training.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:
    Which SCL are you in?  I didn't look at my rewards or notice.  I played in SCL9, Slice 1 and there's no wave in sub 2.
    I was playing SCL8.  "I Have a Plan" is the first sub, which had survival nodes as the second easy node and final hard node.  I would usually expect an event token for survival nodes that don't reward CP, and this one gave a heroic token.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    jamesh said:
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:
    I was playing SCL8.  "I Have a Plan" is the first sub, which had survival nodes as the second easy node and final hard node.  I would usually expect an event token for survival nodes that don't reward CP, and this one gave a heroic token.
    Turns out this is the case for, apparently, everyone.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82407/possible-wrong-token-in-teeth-and-tentacles#latest

I have heard from several others who see the same thing.

@IceIX

Would it be possible to get some clarification on this?  Is this an intended design change?  An error?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    And how about a Sneak Peek update?
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    125 Rescue shards and 10 Health Packs are the login gifts today
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the health rewards right after I finished my 40th win in Daredevil pvp so for a split second I thought that they had silently updated pvp rewards to give out 125 5* shards at 40 wins which I thought was huge. Then I realized what the shards were for. Then I got the healthpacks and then my Kraven cover to put him at #300 for a legendary. This all made me think of a question though.

@IceIX Why not work 5* shards into cl10 pvp progression rewards? Maybe put them at 60 wins/1100 pts? Or put cp at 60 wins and 5* shards at 75 wins.