Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2020
    OJSP said:
    krakenoon said:
    Still time left. Throw up a scarecrow if you have anything better than that & try to get those last wins right before the event ends.
    Thank you for the advice. I just climbed with my stronger team. The experiment was mainly just to find out how far I could take that team and encourage other 4* players to take on 5* teams.
    But basically you are saying that you can't go all the way with a 4* team, so why then would others use such a team, if only to recreate the results you got from your experiment. I don't foresee shockingly different results.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Beating a random player with lvl 517 Havok  and 452 Thor using who else? BRB Bishop.. I do wonder why they only had Havok and no other Latests championed..

Add: In less than 30 minutes, they put 3 levels into their 4/4/5 Apocalypse and he's lvl 450 now.. We'll see how many champion levels.. :smile:

They could be an X-Men fan and whaling the packs.. once for Havok and now for Apocalypse.. maybe..
    This guy now has lvl 527 Havok, lvl 468 Apocalypse, fully covered Iceman and Star-Lord, and almost fully covered Hulk and Sinister.

I just want to say thank you for supporting the game.. Accompanied by lvl 452 Thor, 454 SS, and 370 Bishop, they will soon be unstoppable.. :lol:
    The question would be what the rest of the roster looks like (where are the 4s) and whether it’s a legit roster?  Maybe they are, but someone going all in on Havok seems suspicious to me. I dunno. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    bluewolf said:
    The question would be what the rest of the roster looks like (where are the 4s) and whether it’s a legit roster?  Maybe they are, but someone going all in on Havok seems suspicious to me. I dunno. 
    He's got 10 other 4* champs ranging from 270 to 300, there are some more fully covered ones at lvl 70. I'm guessing they don't have iso to level up the rest.. I'm still undecided. 

This one is less suspicious than someone who gained 17 levels each on Kitty, Carnage and BRB without gaining any covers for their other 5*s (in fact, any of the other characters..) But what do I know.. they're still playing too.
    When players find a suspicious roster they can report it to CS. In theory they catch people who add resources and things on their own, but there are a lot of cheaters out there. Some cheaters fly under the radar more than others. 

Maybe they find “better” ways to cheat and all that. 

CS will investigate and make a determination, it’s not the case that they’ll just shut the account down. So IMO it’s worth doing if it seems likely. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:

I was thinking to try using Carol Rocket HammerCap, but I decided to use Kitty BRB Bishop instead. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of them as TU after the match.. the only power they managed to use was Sinister's Behold towards the end of the match.
    Are possible team-ups from a match limited to the powers that they use during the match?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    1st time ranking 1st in a SCL7 sub. Kinda sad I won’t be able to grab T5 in the event, but since it’s a toss up as to whether or not I can get the 1st CP reward in PvP events and I won’t be able to get full progression in Shield Sim anymore, guess it’s a nice thing to end my streak on.

Time to switch fully to F2P and submit tickets for every little issue until it feels like the ROI gets normalized or the game just totally tanks, which seems a little more likely to me.

Maybe I’ll graduate to full 4* status before then, but if not, there was a little fun here and there.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is some madman attacking me in PvP right now and it is so great! So I originally hit him for 68 points and he replied for 19!! Hey hey good times, so I beat him again for 63 points and figured that would be that, right? Nope - back again for another 19 points but giving me another 63 point retal! Same team each time, no attempt to setup a defence! I love this guy! He will take me 900 singlehandedly at this rate!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:
    There is some madman attacking me in PvP right now and it is so great! So I originally hit him for 68 points and he replied for 19!! Hey hey good times, so I beat him again for 63 points and figured that would be that, right? Nope - back again for another 19 points but giving me another 63 point retal! Same team each time, no attempt to setup a defence! I love this guy! He will take me 900 singlehandedly at this rate!
    Haha, he came back again, thanks for the 64 points! At this point, I am honestly questioning his sanity...I mean what is he getting out of this?!?!? His giving me retals must have cost him more than 200 points to this time and he is no 5* dumping points! Insanity but please continue!
  • Dogface
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Haha, he came back again, thanks for the 64 points! At this point, I am honestly questioning his sanity...I mean what is he getting out of this?!?!? His giving me retals must have cost him more than 200 points to this time and he is no 5* dumping points! Insanity but please continue!
    If you go for win based, it's quite useful to have an opponent you can beat without much problems. If they retaliate you get another chance. Honestly, if I could go for 75 wins just beating 1 player over and over with retaliation on either side I would.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Yeah what Dogface said, also losing so many points would give easier MMR and easier teams on the other nodes.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah there’s tons of payoff. If you play wins, the point is to play quick offense, easy to beat on defense teams.  I’m playing two of them myself right now. 
  • DAZ0273
    I never thought about wins based as I never play it so yeah, that makes sense. I will take it though and sounds like we both win!
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    My best day was getting a standard token, cashed it in and got a 3* Storm, leveled her up with it giving me a 4* Thoress, leveled her up with it and got a 5* Storm. The only time a standard token gave me a 5* cover.
  • DAZ0273
    Whilst hardly a best day, I did open 6 standard tokens yesterday and 5 of them were 2*. That probably means that all of my luck has gone into a bunch of 2's but it was kinda neat.
  • DAZ0273
    I was Rank 1 in a PvP last month for 2 hours, it felt very cool. Then all the big boys rolled up and that was the end of that! It is still a nice thing though!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Day 2000's achievement.. probably won't ever happen again.

Wow.  The No Prize's just keep rolling in for you :)
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    OJSP said:

2000 days of MPQ.

So, I’ve been playing this game daily for that long..

For now, I think I’m going to keep playing to see how I far I could keep developing my 5* roster.

Thank you for reading this. I'm not sure what the actual point of this post is, but with all that is going on around the world, I just want to say stay safe and all the best.

Thankd god, @ojsp still here, so i can compete with him for t1 in next cinema event :)
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Only having to use 8 health packs on day 2's 5E node in Simulator!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    Latest PVP has drained my health packs, so in PVE I was forced me to use some of my 10-12 covers 4* to complete it. I ended up creating three PVP teams which i will be running instead of the same one (C4arol/X23/Karnak). One of these teams is Nico (lv 276) with Cardusa (Medusa lv 209, Carnage lv 188). On defense with that i have more wins than loses. I did not expected that. The other baby team is C4rol lv 278, Wolsbane lv 229 and Wasp lv 192. I just love this team synergy. I use it against weaker teams in Shield Simulator as against regular teams its too weak/too slow.

Just pure fun. Finally, after two-three years of using same characters I finally have reached a moment of diversity in my teams. Yai!
  • Dogface
    I was going to post in the Bit of Both thread, but that seems to have long been forgotten. I got a token for the Girls To The Front vault and my alt account could really use those Kitty shards. Freebie didn't do it, and 11250 HP was a bit steep, so a 10-pack for 2850: no. Another 10-pack: no. Another one: no. Then on to singles for 300 each, only hoping to not get those Kitty shards as the last possible option. At last at 39 I got the shards.

The good : I finally got the shards to champ Kitty, some other 5*  shards and a LT and a new support

The bad : it took way more HP than I had hoped, all support tokens yielded dupes

The something in between : the token yield from the recruit and mighty tokens was just average 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realizing that I am not going to come close to having enough pulls to cover, let alone champ, the coming Hulk, Yelena, Apoc LL pool, I decided instead to redirect some CP at the Jessica store. Took about 10 pulls and I got her 13th cover. I'll take that.

(Also got a purple Widow.. Taking her to 8/0/2. Nope not a typo. Grrr.)