***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    bluewolf said:
    Loosie said:
    bowla33 said:
    And they seriously nerfed the HP reward in boss rewards from 50 to 30? Miserly doesn't even begin to describe this awfulness. 
    It\s hilarious because they compensated the lost ISO by changing one of the (previsouly) 250s to 500, but didn't do the same for the HP.
    You're getting 150 3DP shards in exchange for the 20 HP, though. I'm sure there are some players out there who will be happy with that.....
      Those people are either dumb or REALLY like Deadpool.

3* shards are quite easy to get, and much less useful than HP overall, even if the arbitrage rate looks good on paper.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    how do okoyes black and apocs yellow behave when combined together?
    does okoyes wakanda forever proc more than once? 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    how do okoyes black and apocs yellow behave when combined together?
    does okoyes wakanda forever proc more than once? 
    It's a multi-hit skill, so should be the same as any other such skill, i.e. Sabretooth red, Wolfsbane black, etc. I think that's how I one-shotted that 5* Thor from full health, thinking about it some more. I must have had enough TU AP banked to make the four hits lethal.
  • JiraiyaSannin
    JiraiyaSannin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    the rewards in this game are trash now!! they keep cutting rewards from us. this is not the way to make the player base play more.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker

There was a decision somewhere to drum up more money by restructuring. I suspect a bean-counter got a look at the currencies free players were getting and decided it was an unacceptable business model. The question is once everyone who will quits over this, how many more of us will quit due to substandard alliance performance and population issues in preferred slices?

I know if I have trouble keeping up in the 4 star tier (can’t hit the HP reward in PvP anymore), I’ll semi-retire. Kinda sucks since I was really looking forward to working on the top 5 toons.
  • Vhailorx
    Really!?  3 days and no comment from demi/d3.  Way to hang IceIX out to dry after telling him to hype up 5* shards in an alliance event.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sent in a ticket to CS asking when I will be receiving my Apocalypse shards since I'm almost done unlocking all progression rewards and haven't received any Apoc shards yet even though IceIX listed them as a progression reward in the Sneak Peek thread.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    I sent in a ticket to CS asking when I will be receiving my Apocalypse shards since I'm almost done unlocking all progression rewards and haven't received any Apoc shards yet even though IceIX listed them as a progression reward in the Sneak Peek thread.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82397/lost-in-time-havok-apocalypse-shards-compensation#latest
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    shardwick said:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82397/lost-in-time-havok-apocalypse-shards-compensation#latest
    That only concerns Lost in Time. Wish he had also addressed the boss event too. My feeling is that they were going to put 5* shards into personal progression but then changed their minds but forgot to update the info on the Apoc release events.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    People in my alliance are reporting that apocalypse black has been fixed and now destroys and not removes shield tiles.  Meaning it can lead to cascades if your lucky and paired with BRB it does feed him blue and green ap.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Apocalypse is not nearly as good as what it sounded on paper. Long live Kitty, BRB, Bishop.
  • Vhailorx
    Glockoma said:
    Apocalypse is not nearly as good as what it sounded on paper. Long live Kitty, BRB, Bishop.
    Please elaborate on this. What have you found lacking about him?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glockoma said:
    They are far more AI (idiot) proof than Apocalypse, but his offense is better and he'll be able to punch past some of their garbage protects.

• Glockoma
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, he is a bit slow to start. I believe passives have been the real power creep in the game. I would elaborate further, but that pretty much sums it up; he’s an old school, pretty much all active powers brute dressed up in healthy numbers.

Don’t get me wrong, love having him champed and boosted albeit. But, Safe to say that he is no Gambit. I believe he is a solid character, though not at all what we were thinking.

I think iHulk has more potential to be game-breaking due to his unique mechanics and future releases.
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2020
    Glockoma said:
    Yeah, he is a bit slow to start. I believe passives have been the real power creep in the game. I would elaborate further, but that pretty much sums it up; he’s an old school, pretty much all active powers brute dressed up in healthy numbers.

Don’t get me wrong, love having him champed and boosted albeit. But, Safe to say that he is no Gambit. I believe he is a solid character, though not at all what we were thinking.

I think iHulk has more potential to be game-breaking due to his unique mechanics and future releases.
    So if, hypothetically, someone had written they following over a week ago, would you say that person was prescient, or just incredibly brilliant?

Apoc will not be as dominant as Gambit.  The 5* tier is much bigger now, so it's harder to dominant everyone so utterly. But even more important is that apoc doesn't have the sort of passive powers that can dominate the game on offense and defense (things like passive ap gen or damage boosting are both fast and ai-proof). . . .
    I think apoc will enter the meta mix on offense, in pvp and maybe even in pve.  He has cheap, good powers and a ton of versatility.  But on defense he seems more likely to be something like gritty, in that he will likely hurt to fight, but can be dealt with reliably, than to be like Gambit 1.0 or stunner bro teams where the only reasonable option is to use a mirror team.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see how Apocalpyse can be the new Gambit because pre-nerfed Gambit was all about:

1) passive ap gains every turn (+3 red and + 3 purple) 
    2) opponents' ap destruction every turn,
    3) overwriting of special tiles
    4) mirror matches. 

Apocalypse is all about active powers, making use of protect tiles to hit hard, a repeater that boost power by a fix amount and throws out 4 protect tiles every two turn. The only good thing about Apocalypse is his high health and cheap powers 

1) No passive ap gains every turn, but has cheap powers
    2) doesn't destroy opponent's ap every turn
    3) doesn't overwrite special tiles but put out protect tiles which get destroyed for high damage
    4) mirror matches are not needed. As a matter, a lot of teams can defeat  Apocalypse teams. It depends on whether the players want to chew down the high hp or they would rather pay skip tax.

The closest thing to Gambit is half health Thor: free 5 ap + potential free matches due to tile destruction every turn.

IMO, the minimum criteria to be the next Gambit are:

1) least 5 free ap gained every turn passively.
    2) Only mirror matches can defeat this team

Unfortunately, players will asked the dev to nerf whoever can fulfill the above requirement. So, Thor is likely to be the last Gambit that players gonna have.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dont forget stun inmunity. That is sometimes better than a gambit. And huge damage match and huge health pool , so he will have plenty of time to fire all his active powers, wich they all are really good.
    And his black just destroying protect tiles on this meta is just OP even for AI.
    I dont think this char should be understimated.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Split a discussion on Bishop to a new thread found here. Please try to keep the discussion on topic. Thanks!
  • Glockoma
    Bad said:
    Dont forget stun inmunity. That is sometimes better than a gambit. And huge damage match and huge health pool , so he will have plenty of time to fire all his active powers, wich they all are really good.
    And his black just destroying protect tiles on this meta is just OP even for AI.
    I dont think this char should be understimated.
    I got ‘em champed. I’d say he is pretty estimated in my opinion. 

I’m with @fight4thedream, he’s an expansion of the meta. He’s not bad, but he is far from how he was touted to be when announced. I just like to keep things brief if I can, but Fight’s analysis was pretty spot-on.