Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They used to update their Youtube channel whenever a new character was released but they hardly ever even do that anymore. Feels like their whole social media presence has diminished so I can't really put the blame on negative comments on the forum.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Is it me or did they nerf the side nodes?  We're in round six and enemies are only at level 55.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    There are no Apocalypse shards available in Round 7.

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Maybe they should tack on a Round 10 with 5* shards as the reward next time.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Maybe they should tack on a Round 10 with 5* shards as the reward next time.
    I thought they might add a round 9 and/or extend progression rewards.
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    This boss event is the clearest evidence to date that the developers are misrepresenting the time they are spending on this game. They are spending essentially no time on this game, using their time and the money earned from this game on other games instead. They should be honest with us about this, but instead, they choose to misrepresent themselves in order to keep us spending. What you do in response to this, as players, is your responsibility.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jexy said:
    This boss event is the clearest evidence to date that the developers are misrepresenting the time they are spending on this game. They are spending essentially no time on this game, using their time and the money earned from this game on other games instead. They should be honest with us about this, but instead, they choose to misrepresent themselves in order to keep us spending. What you do in response to this, as players, is your responsibility.
    While Demiurge is assuredly and publicly looking for opportunities in the new console generation, D3 remains very dependent on MPQ as far as revenue. Some websites show MPQ bringing in 6-15x the revenue of the other games published by D3. Hard to say how much they are working on other games but it seems a safe bet that they are constantly looking for new successful titles to publish. 

The characters continue to come at a steady pace. While they seem like the baseline for the development team - because they are - the number of characters in the game and interactions to manage means that the work for a new character goes up as more are added. 

Saying they are “phoning it in” is probably not accurate but when a game is 6 1/2 years old you would think they are trying their hardest to get new projects in place to be able to deal with the eventual and gradual reduction in players and revenue. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX Can we get an update before the start of the weekend?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I also just came here for the anticipated friday-infodump&run. Sad to not get feedback on the alliance rewards.

My guess is after the event they‘ll say player interest isn‘t high enough and they‘ll shelf the boss events again.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    No shards in round 8 boss clears either,
    Not this should surprise anyone
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    supergarv said:
    I also just came here for the anticipated friday-infodump&run. Sad to not get feedback on the alliance rewards.

My guess is after the event they‘ll say player interest isn‘t high enough and they‘ll shelf the boss events again.
    D3 is west coast, so there are still a few more hours for an official comment to be made.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    supergarv said:

D3 is west coast, so there are still a few more hours for an official comment to be made.
    And one of their favorite moves has always been the Friday afternoon bad news drop before walking out the door.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    @IceIX Can we get an update before the start of the weekend?

i doubt it, he usually does 2 a month, the next on the 19th

• Michael1957
    bluewolf said:

Caveat: If you ever decide to nerf Bishop and/or his synergy with BRB, maybe you can consider it.

You only see 3 meta teams anymore , Gritty, BRBishop, and Hammerhawk.  If you nerf 1 that  just makes the other two teams more dominant. I’d rather skip 3 teams in 98% of matches than 2.

• Michael1957
    Looks like they jumped back a week on the DDQ, the rest looks accurate though .