CotT: One-eyed Magnetism (Fury v Magneto)

Feliz
Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
Found this one easy as my Fury is well champed (lvl 282). Basically match damage for me but I am a real fan of 3* Magneto!

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    snuck in with under 500 health left on my lvl 286 Fury - 3* Magneto makes a way better 4* :)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 champed Fury managed it on the first try. but I took quite a bit of damage. I was also out-smarted by Magneto at one point, as the turn after I cast Demolition, he cast coercive field, taking out four of my traps. I should have been paying attention to yellow as well as red and blue! Nick's crafty escape plan (shooting master of metal Magneto with a metal bullet) didn't seem like a good plan on paper, but it worked out just fine. I'm saving the token for now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a lot closer than I was bargaining for as Magneto had made a deal with the board where he got all the blue! Fortunately this did mean he let me have purple so we traded gunshots and whirly board shuffle stuff. And then the Karma...I finally got Demolition out and the very next go Mags greedy lust for blue saw him match a bomb! In your face Grandpa! Tokens are of course being saved given the approaching you know what...
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I usually spec Fury at 5/3/5 because I hate trap tiles, but some online advice prompted me to change him to 5/5/3 for this event.
    Well, low and behold I got enough blue to drop his traps. They landed perfectly. Mags' next move matched one which resulted in an instant kill.
    Stubborn as I am... I promptly move him back to 5/3/5 afterwards.

Token to the mini-hoard for Apoc.