***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apocalypse is now destroying protect tiles.
    Bug fixed.  Hooray?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really bye bye, at least he's not that big of a threat now, for those who champs Apocalyse.

Based on the above experiences, I guess it's not really a bug. It's the way the codes are written. 

How's everyone faring in his PvP? Have you met any interesting teams in your MMR? I see a lot of C&D since they are boosted. I thought they would be a big threat and they ended up helping me instead.

I saw Apocalypse teaming up with 3★ Captain Marvel and another character. I thought that's pretty smart. If enemy Apocalypse use his red power on her, she will gain 15 red aps and 9 black aps for the team.
    If she survives...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    She will survive the red, but black might or might not down her.

• RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    For those of you who run BRB Bishop often, and if you will be drawing for Apocalypse, do you see yourself running Bishop any longer in pick 2?   BRishop will take ages to beat an opposing BRocalypse team for example.

What about LR's?  Will Bishop still be completely annoying enough on defense?
    Knowing that Apoc is stun immune if running with Prof X (or Iceman, Havok etc).
    Or Apoc with anyone in pick 2 if the essential is a Mutant.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    For those of you who run BRB Bishop often, and if you will be drawing for Apocalypse, do you see yourself running Bishop any longer in pick 2?   BRishop will take ages to beat an opposing BRocalypse team for example.

What about LR's?  Will Bishop still be completely annoying enough on defense?
    Knowing that Apoc is stun immune if running with Prof X (or Iceman, Havok etc).
    Or Apoc with anyone in pick 2 if the essential is a Mutant.

I only play Bish/Bill to kill LR seeds, so may not be your target audience. But if I’m lucky enough to get the new hotness, I’ll probably be switching to Billpocalypse as my new defensive team personally. ApocaHulk maybe as well. Basically, whatever results in the least amount of retals will be the one I play last. 
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX
    @Demiurge_[bagman]
    @LakeStone

um.....Apoc shards are NOT in progression like posted here.  Please advise.  
    Of course they aren't there.

It wouldn't be the right way to have a boss event with a back to back 5 release without punishing the player base. 

or without them screwing something else up and/or refusing to make up for it unless the players band together to do something over the top like review bombing. 

And it's "too late" for them to fix it. So make sure you run out and spend spend spend to be able to cover a new meta character like good little lemmings. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    IceIX said:
    Apocalypse vs. X-Men
    • May 14, 2020, 12:00 – May 17, 2020, 23:59 ET
    • Apocalypse (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards
    Lies!!!
  • bluewolf
    @Vhailorx

But, Apocalypse’s Forged in Fire does synergize with BRB now. They fixed the issue where he wasn’t destroying protects (he was converting protects to basics).  Apparently it was a bug, although they did not communicate about it one way or the other. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Where's the Apocalypse shards?  :/

Anyone knows what the changes are in the Alliance event, besides a 20HP reduction in progression, and 3* covers turned into shards?

The hopeful me thinks that Apocalypse shards are in the boss nodes.  :)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where's the Apocalypse shards?  :/

Anyone knows what the changes are in the Alliance event, besides a 20HP reduction in progression, and 3* covers turned into shards?

The hopeful me thinks that Apocalypse shards are in the boss nodes.  :)
    They are not.  It says in progression rewards so it is messed up.  If it isn’t in progression, then we lost an event that we were to have Apoc in progression rewards.  
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I'm missing more information from devs for a long time. But now it is even worse for me - they say something and before it happens after 2 weeks from announcement, it is changed without any explanation. 
  • DAZ0273
    I just looked at the sneak peek and there it was in black and white - Deadpool shards, no other changes in terms of covers. I feel silly I didn't even look at it before posting surprise over in that thread now.

So why does that contradict what is said here?
  • HoundofShadow
    I remembered something. They put Spider-Ham cover in the boss node(?) and only certain group of alliance can get that cover. Maybe the same thing is happening here.  :/
  • DAZ0273
    Maybe, I mean it seems simple to clear up but I guess we will find out once the big Alliances finish in the next day or so.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    bowla33 said:
    And they seriously nerfed the HP reward in boss rewards from 50 to 30? Miserly doesn't even begin to describe this awfulness. 
    It\s hilarious because they compensated the lost ISO by changing one of the (previsouly) 250s to 500, but didn't do the same for the HP.
  • bluewolf
    Loosie said:
    bowla33 said:
    And they seriously nerfed the HP reward in boss rewards from 50 to 30? Miserly doesn't even begin to describe this awfulness. 
    It\s hilarious because they compensated the lost ISO by changing one of the (previsouly) 250s to 500, but didn't do the same for the HP.
    You're getting 150 3DP shards in exchange for the 20 HP, though. I'm sure there are some players out there who will be happy with that.....
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    35HP can buy you only 15 3* shards in Daily Shard Offers. It's a great tradeoff.  :D