Good White and Red mana generator in Standard?

Options
Kalazan
Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
Hi Guys, Since Green has lot of mana generator, Blue has Urza, and Black now got Black Market.

What do you suggest for good generator in White and Red in the currently Standard sets? 

I found the white and red lands are pretty slow. Thanks for suggestion.

Comments

• WulFgaR77
    WulFgaR77 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm still using combos like:
    Golos + Lotus Fields
    2xReinforced Gemstone Caverns

The Birth of Meletis (white) 
    Domri vanguard (for mono Red) 

Or just Gates... 

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It really depends which PW you’re using. For Aj1 I just use Mox Tantaline, or the Selesnya or Boros gate depending on my opponent. For Kalemne I use the Boros gate and Battlefield Forge.  

Temple Garden and Sacred Foundry are also good replacements for the gates. 

Gruul Guildgate, Temple of Plenty, Stomping Ground and Temple of Abandon are good for Aj1. 

Idyllic Grange, Temple of Triumph,  Dearven Mine and Castle Ardenvale are good for any W/R walker. 

I don’t use Nahiri, but if I did, I would use the same strategy as Kalemne. 
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tend to go a bit ‘off piste’ here and go with loyalty converters instead. Seems to work a treat.

For mono red/white tho I’d probably  jam Lotus Field in with Gemstone caverns and watch in glee when 7 gems convert to my colours when it’s set right.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gateway plaza + Boros gate if u run R/W planewalker.
    bUt i prefer using 2 x mono color land in ELD set (rare and common one).
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the posts above cover it pretty well.

I feel that right now Red is the most powerful color in standard (or perhaps my drawing luck has just pushed me that route).  If I'm correct, I think a lack of mana ramp for the color is a fair balance.  And, of course, there is always Koth + Domri.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:
    bUt i prefer using 2 x mono color land in ELD set (rare and common one).
    A lot of great advice in this thread. I think this should be the most widely available option, and then there are improvements as you access mythics/masterpieces named above.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel that right now Red is the most powerful color in standard.
    Debatable, to be sure, but cards like Reverb are a big reason red is so good right now. That card does ridiculous things. I wouldn't mind a discussion about top colors in Standard heading into Ikoria. White feels like the weakest to me these days...
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    jtwood said:
    I feel that right now Red is the most powerful color in standard.
    Debatable, to be sure, but cards like Reverb are a big reason red is so good right now. That card does ridiculous things. I wouldn't mind a discussion about top colors in Standard heading into Ikoria. White feels like the weakest to me these days...
    Honestly, I would have been surprised if a comment on any color being the most powerful passed through without debate ;)

It's hard to say 100% unless you own all the good cards and can rule out personal preference.  I don't have Urza or Godsend, which seem like some of the hyped better standard nonred cards. 

Theros Gods favor red in power though.  Red has the powerhouse cards right now: Reverb, Killer Instinct, Razia, Rakdos, Krenko is amazing for a rare
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON]It looks like this tread is moving a bit off topic -- a conversation on which color is most powerful in Standard would be best suited for a new thread. [BK]
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What I've been doing is picking one color and running the ELD mono Castle + the ELD common converter support.  So in your case I'll run Castle Embereth + Dwarven Mine OR Castle Ardenvale + Idyllic Grange. It also allows you to starve the opponent if you're playing as Nahiri and facing Bolas for example, run white and leave him looking for on color matches. 
  • Kalazan
    Kalazan Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    The suggestions above are very helpful. Thanks guys!