Couple of Alliance questions (IceIX pls)

Options
Kelbris
Kelbris Posts: 1,051
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
1. Can we get a big sticky thread for people that are looking for an alliance to post in? The Alliance forum is pretty cluttered with Alliance HQ and recruiting threads, so anyone saying "I need an alliance" tends to get lost in the shuffle after a few hours. I think it'd be a lot easier for alliances to find new members if they could just go to one place and look around for someone that meets their "criteria."

2. What's the time period for rejoining an alliance after you've been removed from said alliance?

Comments

• Kelbris wrote:
    2. What's the time period for rejoining an alliance after you've been removed from said alliance?

This is also very important to me. Any kind of update would be appreciated.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Sticky Thread: Sure. Depend on people ignoring it though. icon_razz.gif

Rejoining: I'll double check on the morrow.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope they can sort out the rejoining issue before the end of the first sub on this event... otherwise I'm missing out on more stuff icon_mad.gif
    Would be grateful for anything you can tell us(or do) Ice! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Yes, please please please, this weekend we will be missing out on sub prizes and our alliance will also have to scramble to make up points
  • While we're begging IceX to do alliance stuff for us, I'd really appreciate it if d3p would make some kind of GIANT, FLASHING, UNMISSABLE indicator if the person you are about to attack is in your alliance, I'm not used to checking names.

Either that or give you a -10 Hero Point penalty when you attack someone in your alliance, that'll teach me real quick icon_razz.gif
  • gamar wrote:
    While we're begging IceX to do alliance stuff for us, I'd really appreciate it if d3p would make some kind of GIANT, FLASHING, UNMISSABLE indicator if the person you are about to attack is in your alliance, I'm not used to checking names.

Either that or give you a -10 Hero Point penalty when you attack someone in your alliance, that'll teach me real quick icon_razz.gif

Oh man, I so don't look either I would go HP bankrupt before learning my lesson icon_cry.gif
  • I am hopeing that we at some point will be abl to chat with our Alliance members (coming), or see what their contribution it tward the aliance totals, or if they are even playing. I know some of mine are, but not sure if they all are.
  • Ice - any plans to develop private forum subjects or chat functionality in the game for alliance members?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    We've had a ton of questions about our plans for Alliances now that it's out in basic form as a feature, so I went ahead and put together a few things that we'll be rolling out for this feature. Note that there are no timelines for these, so they may be R49, R50, etc. but these are some of our near-term plans for Alliances. As a feature it'll likely be growing beyond this, so this is not the be all end all of the system.

Alliance Leaderboards - Players will be able to see the rankings of the different Alliances within tournaments. Certain events will have Alliances-based leaderboards where your rank and rewards are based on the performance of your team in the event.

Expand Alliances – Players will be able to spend Hero Points to expand their Alliance, adding more friends to their existing Alliance.

Private Alliances – Allowing players to create an exclusive Alliance that can only be joined with the Commander’s approval.

Chat – The ability to chat with other players in your Alliance to share tactics and discuss strategy.