***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Really looking forward to these test vids, @Thanos lol

*edit - i mentioned Professor X as a battery. In addition to adding colors to the board, he can collect an extra AP on a match-n, which can as often as not lead to cascades of more AP generation. It works much better than you think when cascade generators like Okoye and Hulk are in play. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    @IceIX

Someone has reported the following:

apoc bugs
    ~~~~
    1) black power does not destroy protect tiles, just removes protect status (converts to basic, so no BRB synergy from that power)
    2) heal not working at all
    3) AP cost mismatch for yellow (7 vs 9 as I have already pointed out)

Some clarification would be appreciated.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Interesting...yellow was updated to 7ap on the first page of this thread
  • bluewolf
    TheXMan said:
    Interesting...yellow was updated to 7ap on the first page of this thread
    I guess that means that's the right cost.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    It's very much the -Wrong- cost. But seems to be what we'll have.
  • RickOShay
    4.43   Did Apoc's yellow stack onto your TU damage? lol OK.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Interesting to see that Hulk is problematic for him, since Hulk typically has lowest health, therefore absorbs the blows from his red, dies and revives. Not quite wasting the red, since Hulk does damage to his allies on revival, but it certainly blunts its impact.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    In order to get some videos out faster, I just jumped in and played, didn't bother to make them based on which team I used. I'll be posting more throughout the day.

Some quick observations:
    1. He's stupid powerful
    2. His best teammate so far, IMO, Is Thor.
    3. Like his animations, especially his red.
    4. Apoc/Thor crushes BRB/Kitty

Black does indeed remove and not destroy. The heal does work however.

I will say thank you then I will say WOW!!!!  
    I would love to see Apocalypse with BRB and then with IHulk.  I can’t believe how cheap that yellow is and that each repeater gives 2 protect tiles.
  • RickOShay
    Mutants Affiliation list, to grant stun immunity for Apocalypse: 

5*:
    Archangel
    Cable
    Gambit
    Havok
    Iceman
    Kitty
    Professor X
    OML
    Phoenix
    Storm

4*
    Bishop,  Cyclops,  Dazzler,  Domino,  Emma Frost,  Iceman,  Jean Grey,  Namor,  Nightcrawler,  Northstar,  Professor X,  Rogue,  Sabretooth,  Wolfsbane,  Wolverine,  X-23

3*
    Angel,  Beast,  Colossus,  Cyclops,  Daken,  Gambit,  Magneto,  Mystique, Psylocke,  Storm,  Wolverine,  

If I missed anyone let me know and I'll update the list.
  • bluewolf
    I just love that they made sure Namor got on that list. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Here's a couple more. Nice to see Apoc isn't limited to just a few good partners, he's proving to be extremely versatile. Fun with 4*'s? Who knew? Wait.....I bet Rick OShay knew!

• RickOShay
    bluewolf said:
    I just love that they made sure Namor got on that list. 
    But no Deadpool. I realize he's a bit different, but..
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Bust your hoards, Sentry's the new hotness....again! (Good call Rick).

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please, please, for the love of everything, keep his black as it is now. Make it such that it “removes” the protect tiles and not “destroy” the protect tiles. 
    This ensures that his black don’t generate 4 green ap and 4 blue ap with BRB passive. Imagine, you use 7 ap, and you gain back 8ap. 
    Apocalypse is already too strong with his cheap power. He doesn’t need another boost. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good videos from Thanos again. I noticed that in other video where there are fortified protect tiles, he destroyed the protect tile instead of the fortification. I thought the fortification will be destroyed first, leaving the protect tiles on the board.

iHulk can dish out pretty good damage against Team Apocalypse.

More iHulks and Apocalypse in the wild. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good videos from Thanos again. I noticed that in other video where there are fortified protect tiles, he destroyed the protect tile instead of the fortification. I thought the fortification will be destroyed first, leaving the protect tiles on the board. 
    Presumably that is because, in practice, apoc has been removing friendly protect tiles rather than destroying them.  This means he doesn't proc BRB, and bypasses fortification, just like Kitty's purple.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Am I mistaken or does he only make rainbow w/ 4 star iceman (if you want the immunity in pick 2)?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the videos I was really impressed with Magic and Torch combo.  I was also surprised it looked like Thor Apocalypse seemed better than BRB Apocalypse.  I think defensively Apocalypse IHulk will still be really good.  Having his yellow only cost 7 makes him just nasty.  
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    There aren't many Green-Blue-Purple characters at all: BSSM, 4* Jean Grey, 4* Iceman, Howard, Super-Skull, and Scarlet Witch.