***** Apocalypse (Classic) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    would Thor-Poca-Hulk cruise through on passive damage faster than some Okoye based Hulk team? (looking at maximizing green door here).
    If we're trying to maximise Green Door, bringing Thor is not going to help because eventually he'll dry the board of green tiles.
    Who is the next-best yellow battery?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    wymtime said:

brb isnt a mutant, so in pick 2 the stunability (or not) of Apocalypse is going to hinge completely on whether or not the required 3rd has that tag. BRBishop is going to be your counter here, or Bishocalypse perhaps.

[...]

I have to say, it's good to see this villain seeming like dire threat, but man this threat is dire lol. He's dangerous on every color...
    The problem with running BRB/Bishop is it will eat a health pack each round.  In reality to beat BRB/Apocalypse you need Kitty and a big damage dealer.  Kitty removes to protect tiles adds her own protect tiles and then the big damage dealer will take down the others.  This could be Professor X, Havok(extra tile removal), Hela, or your own Apocalypse.

the issue will come around when Apocalypse fires his yellow and each friendly power now deals an extra 9K damage.  Plus every 2 turns more protect tiles go out.  With 4 protect tiles and his yellow repeaters going red to black will do 121k damage.  Add in BRB green for an additional 64K direct damage.  That will eat through a lot of health fast
    You'll be eating some health packs every fight against Apocalypse regardless I think. Also, all these max-champ Bishops I go up against constantly probably have the health to make it through two matches or so. I wonder if Suicide Doom + Lumbercap is viable against them? I don't think a solo Lumbercap has the health needed to scoop up enough yellow to revive doom in a meaningful amount of time.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:

brb isnt a mutant, so in pick 2 the stunability (or not) of Apocalypse is going to hinge completely on whether or not the required 3rd has that tag. BRBishop is going to be your counter here, or Bishocalypse perhaps.

[...]

I have to say, it's good to see this villain seeming like dire threat, but man this threat is dire lol. He's dangerous on every color...
    The problem with running BRB/Bishop is it will eat a health pack each round.  In reality to beat BRB/Apocalypse you need Kitty and a big damage dealer.  Kitty removes to protect tiles adds her own protect tiles and then the big damage dealer will take down the others.  This could be Professor X, Havok(extra tile removal), Hela, or your own Apocalypse.

the issue will come around when Apocalypse fires his yellow and each friendly power now deals an extra 9K damage.  Plus every 2 turns more protect tiles go out.  With 4 protect tiles and his yellow repeaters going red to black will do 121k damage.  Add in BRB green for an additional 64K direct damage.  That will eat through a lot of health fast
    You'll be eating some health packs every fight against Apocalypse regardless I think. Also, all these max-champ Bishops I go up against constantly probably have the health to make it through two matches or so. I wonder if Suicide Doom + Lumbercap is viable against them? I don't think a solo Lumbercap has the health needed to scoop up enough yellow to revive doom in a meaningful amount of time.
    It will depend on AI how many health packs.  I can see the AI foreign black with no protect tiles on the board then using yellow.  I am also wondering how well IHulk Apocalypse will do as a team.  IHulk passive doing 13K AOE damage or his red doing over 40K direct damage.

the worst will be IHulk Apocalypse plus Mutant in a challenge node.  Imagine a 650 level Apocalypse you can’t stun 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    "(PASSIVE) If any of this character's active allies are Mutants, this character cannot be Stunned."

Does active mean that if the ally is stunned, you'll be able to stun Apocalypse? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2020
    If you're seeing BRB-ocalypse, there will be protects on the board, I assure you lol.

But yeah, this next run of Simulator is going to be some comedy in SCL10. It'll be even worse if he shows up on a 5e node, and you're saddled with some low-covered essential...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    OJSP said:
    Cloak and Dagger
    That could work in pick-3 or PVE, but it doesn't seem viable in pick-2 pvp. Professor X feels like the second best 5* option.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2020
    The 7 AP cost on Yellow had better get fixed quickly, he's already OP at 9 lol
    @IceIX

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

The in-game abilities for Apocalypse show that his yellow is 7 AP.  Is it supposed to be 7, or 9 as listed here?  Did it change?  Maybe this is a placeholder or something until he's actually live?  Or a bug?

I recall that Cable's abilities in an early preview video were 7/7/7 AP but they were adjusted for the true amounts once he was actually released.  Is this intentional for all of Apocalypse's abilities to cost 7 AP?
  • RickOShay
    edited May 2020
    I still find it strange that we only have 1 5* with Blue Purple Green abilities. 
    Where in the opposing colors of yellow, red, black, we now have 4. 

At least it's not another RGBk, or YRB, I guess.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Cloak and Dagger
    I was thinking Kingpin with his purple, but Cloak's a better fit.  Plus, she'll heal up a bit if there's already a lot of yellow on the board.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    OJSP said:
    That could work in pick-3 or PVE, but it doesn't seem viable in pick-2 pvp. Professor X feels like the second best 5* option.
    I'm confused. Are you still trying to maximise Green Door or trying to find a partner for Apocalypse?
    Hah hah, yeah; sorry about the pick 2 thing; basically I was trying to find an appropriate yellow battery to get Apocalypse’s yellow on the board so it can start stacking on Green Door. I C&D probably makes a great sidekick to Apocalypse now that I think it through though
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    With the cheap abilities that Apocalypse has, Magik will be his good team mates. She is a mutant and can create protect tiles every time a someone from your team fire a power(BRB has cheap blue too). I think BRB, Apocalypse and Magik will be a powerful team and they covers all colours. Protect tiles everywhere!

Good synergy. Especially since magik's purple is a good battery for apoc.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good one. I wonder if Apocalypse's black triggers off destroyed fortified protect tiles.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    PX with hulk? I think the result it would be exactly the same as if hulk and PX go out for a walk, hulk pushing his wheelchair. Poor PX.
    PX has really low health and his damage reduction will not protect PX (I dont have hulk resurrection card but I can guess it)
    And PX is not a battery. He only adds 3 color tiles at a random place. 
    You can try it with jubilee calling but the outcome will be totally random.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Kinda dreading the thought of the devs plan for apocalypse in the SIM with 2 other mutants for CL 10's challenge node...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I‘m really looking forward to the Alpha and the Omegas store. Not only because Apocalypse looks pretty powerful to me, but also because Star-Lord is finally featured again in a special store (for the first time since Captain Marvel‘s store in January 2019). I can‘t wait to finish my last unchampioned classic 5* character. :smile:
  • DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Just saw the power set released at 777. Even if it’s a placeholder / testing artifact, “you” released it as is. Take it away now.... What do you think will happen? Guaranteed money is being spent... no take backs... we all remember what happened during the last protest. 
  • RickOShay
    @Thanos
    Hey just wanted to say hi. Hope you've been doing well. Nothing other than that. Bye!