New to the game and forum.

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Been doing alright with my 1* team and starting to get a few 2*. With the recent tournament I have recived a few 2* characters. I am wondering which may be a good start to lvl for a 2* team?

Wolverine 2 red Covers
Thor with 1 R/Y/G
Bullseye 1 P/Black
Area 1 R
BW 1 Black

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All those are pretty good with the exception of maybe Bullseye. 2* Thor/Wolverine/Widow would give you a nice rainbow of match damage and a use for all AP except black.
  • Which 1* characters do you have? I would recommend Thor as a good tanker and replacement for IM35 once you get enough covers for him. Thor/mStorm/mBW is a nice combo, where mBW stuns the enemy, mStorm gathers ap and Thor hits them hard plus tanks for the team if hit. Plus it is a nice rainbow (: Thor and wolvie work very well together but you need your green and yellow wolvie covers to make it worth playing.
  • For my 1* I only kept leveling
    IM35, Modern BW and Modern Storm

My plan isto keep until I at least got a decent lvled 2* team and have started 3* team.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The developers of the game have started to make it harder to get 2* covers, so you probably want to max out your 1* covers until you get enough 2* covers. You want to start leveling your 2* covers once they can become stronger than your 1* covers (which is typically around 50-60ish) since you would just use your 1*s until then. My guide (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939) has descriptions about what 2*s are good and should be leveled.
  • My plan isto keep until I at least got a decent lvled 2* team and have started 3* team.

Yes, that's what to do -- one of the few ways to really get stuck is to dump your 1* team before the 2*s are anywhere near ready to replace it.
  • Wolverine 2 red Covers
    Thor with 1 R/Y/G
    Bullseye 1 P/Black
    Area 1 R
    BW 1 Black

I love Ares - he's just so, smash. Buuut, Thor is equally as good IMO. Bullseye not in the running. After maximizing your 1 star core team, see who has the most covers, then level that person. Also, OBW has been the cornerstone of my success. I'm starting to cap a couple 2 star characters and building 3 stars and I couldn't have done it without OBW. Her AP stealing and heal have the broadest impact at the 2 star level.