Alliance Rewards for Lightning Rounds

Options
Discuss......

Comments

• KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What, are these coming or in the game now? Or do you just want to talk about hypotheticals?
  • No thank you
  • haven't heard anything. just wondering what people would think. I think it would be nice because I can never rank high in LR because i always face lower teams for 10 pts or less while i lose points while fighting. i hover in the 300-400 area when time runs out so i rarely get the covers i need. it seems futile sometimes. alliances might help boost my chances of getting covers. now if i could fight for 25+ points per fight it would be different, but after the seed teams i get nothing and skipping is no longer an option.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The people at the top are also fighting 10 point matches, there are no brackets in these ones. Those who can make the highest volume of wins in the shortest amount of time win these, fitting nicely with the Lightning theme.
    Alliance rewards for LRs won't happen for many reasons. They just don't make sense in the format.
  • kevind722 wrote:
    haven't heard anything. just wondering what people would think. I think it would be nice because I can never rank high in LR because i always face lower teams for 10 pts or less while i lose points while fighting. i hover in the 300-400 area when time runs out so i rarely get the covers i need. it seems futile sometimes. alliances might help boost my chances of getting covers. now if i could fight for 25+ points per fight it would be different, but after the seed teams i get nothing and skipping is no longer an option.

I hope you realize that just about everyone has that same problem in the LR's.
    So no we dont need to add alliance rewards to everything so people can ride on one anothers coattails for covers you couldn't otherwise obtain.
  • Anything Alliance based should be at least 24 hours to allow all timezones to participate.
  • kevind722 wrote:
    Discuss......
    No thank you. It's hard enough to compete in Lars without adding another layer of complication.
    Jorgon wrote:
    Anything Alliance based should be at least 24 hours to allow all timezones to participate.
    That sig is huge, it's funny, but huge!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Being that the LR'S mainly fall during work I would be one of those coat tail riders. The LR's don't need Alliance rewards.
  • There's already enough hubbub about people who don't need the covers poaching the top spots - I think Alliance rewards would just exacerbate this concern. I know I'd feel way more compelled to go all out and place highly to support my alliance, rather than just farm ISO and drop out like I currently do. Besides, the free-for-all nature of LRs is part of what makes them fun.
  • Oh boy, I can't wait to see an alliance having to avoid smacking each other as they take the top 8-10 spots in a given LR. That sounds like an awful idea, and should never see the light of day. Not unless there is some major changes to how bracketing works (say, 200 player brackets in LRs - sounds stupid, and it kind of is).
  • Kamahl_FoK wrote:
    Oh boy, I can't wait to see an alliance having to avoid smacking each other as they take the top 8-10 spots in a given LR. That sounds like an awful idea, and should never see the light of day. Not unless there is some major changes to how bracketing works (say, 200 player brackets in LRs - sounds stupid, and it kind of is).

I keep telling you guys, a LR where you're stuck in a bracket with your alliance teammates, games steal HP and ISO from each other instead of round points, and a fully-covered 4* for 1st place, would be THE GREATEST THING, but noooooo icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of meta-score for LRs over the 2 days. Kind of like a PVP event with 24 subs. Obviously not as the main draw, just as a nice little bonus; some bonus HP maybe. With a nearly unattainable 4* progression reward for 20 people alliances that grind 24h/24h, of course. And you just know S.H.I.E.L.D would get it anyway. icon_e_biggrin.gif