Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    That wave node right before the last node in Book of Vishanti just makes you wanna cry. I used Dak3n with Prof X and Kitty but everytime he managed to create red strikes the were put in such a way that they never lasted long. And the board shakes and generally go bollocks from the sentries. Bah.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the second new character release in a row, the featured 5-star is one that I was hoping to get shards for.  Last time, it was Jessica Jones that I was hoping to get shards for, and the shards were for Immortal Hulk.

That didn't turn out to be quite so bad, as I ended up busting my stash for him and got him up to 4/5/3 with enough shards so that the half-cover from an SCL 10 event would get him that final cover.  He's featured in the Deadpool vs MPQ now, but the shards are for the 5-star Yelena Benlova.

There's always next time, I guess...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the second new character release in a row, the featured 5-star is one that I was hoping to get shards for.  Last time, it was Jessica Jones that I was hoping to get shards for, and the shards were for Immortal Hulk.

That didn't turn out to be quite so bad, as I ended up busting my stash for him and got him up to 4/5/3 with enough shards so that the half-cover from an SCL 10 event would get him that final cover.  He's featured in the Deadpool vs MPQ now, but the shards are for the 5-star Yelena Benlova.

Whoever thought this rewards scheme,  where shards for one character overrides the shards for another, was a good idea should be strongly encouraged to rethink that position. 
  • sambrookjm
    DarthDeVo said:

Whoever thought this rewards scheme,  where shards for one character overrides the shards for another, was a good idea should be strongly encouraged to rethink that position. 
    And it just hit me that this is the first event where Immortal Hulk gets featured...and he's already overshadowed by a new 5-star character.  Anyone else think that's just a bit crazy???

As for the worst moment today, it's been getting screwed over twice by team-ups (!!!) in the Black Widow event. 

First one was vs Okoye/Prof X team, where they had a team up of Kamala Khan's Inhuman Stretchiness.  You know, the one that places green tiles in three different places for the team to get a match 4, triggering Prof X's passive three times?  There goes 40K of health on my Black Widow.

Second was Jean Gey's Mind over Matter ability, which the enemy team fired on their fourth turn thanks to at least one team--up match each turn with cascades.  While Okoye wasn't on their team, it wiped out all of Rocket's strike tiles...and Rocket shortly thereafter.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just passed 500 in I Spy when my phone decided it needed to shut down and reboot itself for some reason. Got hit during the process, and just couldn't bring myself to start up again.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Reading the forums just now and being alerted to the fact that they took the 18 CP reward for hitting 1000 in PvP and bumped it to needing 1200. It was great while it lasted...
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    After a 15-20 minute long brb/kitty/carnage fight I got blazed down in 3 turns to a px/okoye cascade.  What a grab bag.

I've left out a dd/okoye/low ihulk team so I expect to lose about 400 plus points in the next 2 hours
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every season, I have the same worst moment of the day. Which really is an extended "moment" where I climb from about 17xx to 2K off of Kitty/Carbage/BRB teams in SImulator.

Using, mostly, mirror teams.

It's as exciting as watching paint dry.  And as pleasant as a dental cleaning. 

The only good news is no one is trying to climb off anyone so I didn't take many hits.
  • sambrookjm
    21 pulls in the State Secrets Vault, using up the CP stash that I'd saved after spending them on Latest legends trying to get iHulk.  Zero five stars.  If it's 15% odds to get a 5-star cover, the chances of going 0/21 are about 3.3%
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Stuck at 12 wins and 493 points in PvP when time ran out. Would have gotten the 10 CP under the old system...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decided I'd try & take on a Cap/5HE/Coulson team in SIM using BRB/Kitty/Gamora. Didn't quite get Cap down before he started spawning CDs. Ugh. OK but I can get my blue because the board's flooded with it, stun him, sort this out.

Wait.. where'd my blue go? I swore I just had 6... try again.

Wait.. again?! Where's my blue going ---? Sonovagun!. The AI's been using Coulson's blue instead of HE or Cap's! 

I literally had zero AP across the board at one point while HE & Coulson were swimming in it even after I downed Cap. 

Toss that. Bailed. Never trying that one again.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lost my near full HP Kitty two matches in a row in the SCL10 challenge node, due to unlucky boards/cascades. Match-5s and crits are just unfair at that level.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eating a 20K Photon Blast from a Moonstone who had exactly 1 health point left.
    There's literally no more dangerous character in the game than a 2* Dark Avenger opponent in PVE with <100 hit points remaining...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decided I'd try & take on a Cap/5HE/Coulson team in SIM using BRB/Kitty/Gamora. Didn't quite get Cap down before he started spawning CDs. Ugh. OK but I can get my blue because the board's flooded with it, stun him, sort this out.

Wait.. where'd my blue go? I swore I just had 6... try again.

Wait.. again?! Where's my blue going ---? Sonovagun!. The AI's been using Coulson's blue instead of HE or Cap's! 

I literally had zero AP across the board at one point while HE & Coulson were swimming in it even after I downed Cap. 

Toss that. Bailed. Never trying that one again.
    The AI logic system. “This power is the most expensive, so it must be the best!” Then you have those tense moments when the AI doesn’t have enough for the higher cost and spends its turns debating on whether to hit you now or wait.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Apocalypse's PVP event, I saw BRB and Medusa, so opted for a mirror match.  What a huge mistake. Protect Tiles EVERYWHERE! 

I think it went over the course of 1.5 hrs.  I had to take breaks.  Healing & protects everywhere.  I won by using a 5hor team up to down Medusa, and ultimately used BRB Blue to cover all available blue tiles, and let enemy BRB whittle down his own Blue AP Pool by casting with nowhere for the tile to go.  
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    I fought Storm / PX / BRB in House of X with PX / Iceman / Jean Grey (4*). I lost a quite long fight in which I had one match-4 and had enough AP to use one(!) active ability. The enemy had a match-4 literally every turn and used around two abilities per turn.  >:)
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    No apocalypse shards in progression in his boss event even though it says, in the apocalypse character thread, that there would be ones. Sucks. Sucks bad. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Needed 24 points to hit 2000 in SHIELD Sim and get the godforsaken event done, finally found a team that was reliably beatable and beat it only for the game to reward me with 23 points...it took me forever to get that last frickin' point.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    In round 3 of Apocalypse. In the first four boss fights, I've twice lost characters to Death countdowns. They just would not match, the board would not give me the AP to one-shot the guy, wouldn't even give me a match-4 so X could Signal Boost him to death. Round 3!

The last time this event ran I think I went the entire way without losing two characters.